Due to a lack of device, Updates have been stopped for the foreseeable future.
Oh and Happy 2012.
First of all need to thank some people.
Sebastian404 for Clockwork and some help and advice.
Flibblesan for the ROM and letting me tweak it and yet more help and advice.
Paul for the forum and wonderful community.
And a friend for letting me break his device several times while working out this process!</font>
WARNING: What works for me may not work for you, and I am NOT responsible for any damaged done.
This is based on Flibblesan FLB2-R1 Rom
For a list of changes and issues, Click Here
Changes in this Rom
Device name in "About Phone" is ZTE Crescent.
Boot Animation is a simple Google Logo.
Instructions still apply to any ROM you wish to use.
For San Francisco 2 ONLY Unlock_OSF2.zip (18.05 MB)
For T-Mobile Vivacity ONLY Unlock_VIVACITY.zip (18.04 MB)
ADB.zip (1.42 MB)
Driver Setup.zip (4.29 MB)
Crescent.zip (94.6 MB)
For San Francisco 2 ONLY sanfran2kernel.zip (3.45 MB)
For T-Mobile Vivacity ONLY vivacitykernel.zip (3.45 MB
recovery-clockwork-188.8.131.52-blade2.img (3.87 MB)
If you wish to use the STOCK firmware after you unlock your device, Follow section 3 using the files below.
Latest Orange SFII Update (128 MB)
Lastest T-Mobile Vivacity Update (119 MB)
Before you start take note of your Wifi MAC Address as a precaution!
- Download THIS file and install it.
- Download the unlock.zip for your SFII or Vivacity. (WARNING: Using the WRONG unlock.zip will brick your phone completely)
- Connect your phone to your computer and make sure you have USB Debugging turned on. (Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging)
- Press and hold the Volume Down and power buttons together. This SHOULD bring you to a screen saying FTM. If your see Clockwork Mod you will have to load the stock ROM. (Instructions to Follow)
- Make sure you installed QPST in the first step. Now in the Start menu find "QPST Configuration" Click on "Ports" and then the "Add Port" button.
- Once that is added close Configuration and open "Software Download" from the start menu
- Click "Backup" on the utility and choose where to save the "QCN" File
- Make sure the file exists and is non-zero in file size before precedding - If not try the from step 6 again.
- Unzip your Unlock.zip folder and run "download.exe"
- If you are sure you want to Unlock your phone press "START!"
- Sit and wait it out, Should take no more than two minutes until it is finished and Unlocked!
- Go back to the "Software Download" utility and click the "Restore" Find the .qcn file you saved and restore it.
- If it will not restore tick "Allow Phone/FILE ESN mismatch"
- Remove your USB cable, pull the battery and insert your SIM of choice. Voila.
- Your phone SHOULD boot into Clockwork Mod Recovery. If not follow the instuctions below.
- If your phone is in Clockwork Mod follow instruction set 3.
- Boot up phone
- Enable Debugging Mode. (Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging)
- Install Drivers.
- Open the ADB Folder,Hold shift and Right click in the folder and select "Open Command Windows Here"
- Type adb-windows.exe reboot bootloaderThe phone will reboot to a great Android man and stay there
- Now type fastboot-windows.exe flash recovery recovery-clockwork-184.108.40.206-blade2.img
- It will say recovery sending... Okay, Recovery writing... Okay, If this says failed. Please contact me.
- Now type fastboot-windows.exe reboot
- Once your phone has started up type adb-windows.exe reboot recovery and you will be in Clockwork Mod Recovery Congratulation!
- Download Crescent.zip AND kernel.zip for your phone, If you DO NOT have the kernel.zip there could be issues. This is due to ZTE.
- Load them onto your SD Card.</li><li>Reboot into Clockwork Mod Recovery (Either by ROM Manager or Powering off and on holding Volume Down)</li><li>
- You will want to "Wipe Data/Factory" reset and also in advance "Wipe Dalvik" Cache then "Reboot Recovery" (Use the Home button to select)</li><li>
- Navigate to install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from sdcard and select Crecsent.zip</li><li
- Once Crescent.zip is installed once again choose zip from sdcard and select kernel.zip Once this is installed reboot system.
Edited by Bouncer5, 17 March 2012 - 09:05 PM.