Photo

[HOW TO] Rooting Unlocking and De-Branding your ZTE Crescent [Updated Now Complete]

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
444 replies to this topic

lawrence5

lawrence5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Look a couple of posts up lawrence

Can see the sfII..... Being thick maybe - can you give me the post number or quote it please :)

Titas

Titas

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Devices:Moto g

Can see the sfII..... Being thick maybe - can you give me the post number or quote it please :)

I think frOdo is suggesting the TPT route in the first unpinned post on page 1 San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity TPTs

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
Sorry - my bad

Posted Image

lawrence5

lawrence5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I think frOdo is suggesting the TPT route in the first unpinned post on page 1 San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity TPTs

Cool guys - thanks for clarifying. Been reading a bit so it's an app that changes partition Adds clockworkmod so you can easily reflash.... But will it network unlock the phone ? I'm moving abroad but would like to continue using it. Shout if you'd rather I moved this post to the tpt thread :)

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Cool guys - thanks for clarifying. Been reading a bit so it's an app that changes partition Adds clockworkmod so you can easily reflash.... But will it network unlock the phone ? I'm moving abroad but would like to continue using it. Shout if you'd rather I moved this post to the tpt thread :)

A TPT can't unlock the phone. You'll need to follow the guide in this thread first to unlock it, and then use a TPT afterwards if you want.

TPT Helper lets you easily repartition your ZTE phone, install a new ROM and for the Blade, convert to/from Gen 2. Available for Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade, Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate and Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity. https://market.andro...horas.tpthelper

TPTs and other apps

SpiceKing

SpiceKing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi, I am facing the same problem. On my Vivacity, I unlocked successfully. I didnot wipe data/dalvik cache. After reboot CWM disappeared and I am back to FTW.
Please let me know, if you are able to resolve this issue on your phone.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks but I may need more detailed help as I've checked device manager and no devices show with an exclamation mark.

What's weird is that the hack sequence goes fine, including installing CWM and the custom ROM/kernel (note I don't reboot between wiping data/dalvik cache and rom/kernel as I would lose CWM) but after a reboot CWM just seems to disappear and I'm back to FTW

Russ_uk

Russ_uk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300 & ZTE Crescent

Hi, I am facing the same problem. On my Vivacity, I unlocked successfully. I didnot wipe data/dalvik cache. After reboot CWM disappeared and I am back to FTW.
Please let me know, if you are able to resolve this issue on your phone.

Try this and just install CWM over the top:

http://android.modac...mple-windows-7/

"Water which is too pure has no fish" - Ts'ai Ken T'an

stokietom

stokietom

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco II
I'm planning on unlocking my San Fran II using this guide. Can anyone confirm that it all works...? I'm runnign Win 7 64 Bit.

Cheers

windy_miller

windy_miller

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco II

I'm planning on unlocking my San Fran II using this guide. Can anyone confirm that it all works...? I'm runnign Win 7 64 Bit.

Cheers

I unlocked my phone using windows 7 64 with no problems.

Russ_uk

Russ_uk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300 & ZTE Crescent

I unlocked my phone using windows 7 64 with no problems.

No problem here either , Also Win 7 (64)

"Water which is too pure has no fish" - Ts'ai Ken T'an

stokietom

stokietom

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco II
My San Fran II came today and now I'm just waiting to root and unlock it. However Multiupload is down for me, is it working for anyone else?

Cheers

mrflibbles

mrflibbles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco
Wasn't working here so I used this guide instead. Unlocked and flashed my Vivacity with Fish'N'Chips Rel2 in a few minutes.

http://ztecrescent.blogspot.com/

Edited by mrflibbles, 28 February 2012 - 04:06 PM.

SpiceKing

SpiceKing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I am trying to install Clockwork Mod Recovery via ADB as mentioned in the first post.

I installed driver for my Vivacity as mentioned on my Windows 7 32 bit OS machine.

But, I am always getting '<waiting for the device>' during the step
"Now type fastboot-windows.exe flash recovery recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-blade2.img"

mrflibbles

mrflibbles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco
You have enabled "USB DEBUGGING" on the phone? Can you see Android ADB device under USB? Without those the ADB interface is not active.

Thomas J Marshall

Thomas J Marshall

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Crescent

I am trying to install Clockwork Mod Recovery via ADB as mentioned in the first post.

I installed driver for my Vivacity as mentioned on my Windows 7 32 bit OS machine.

But, I am always getting '<waiting for the device>' during the step
"Now type fastboot-windows.exe flash recovery recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-blade2.img"

I had trouble with fastboot in windows and used this successfully instead

http://tinyurl.com/7apl5ty

Thomas J Marshall

MattyK2012

MattyK2012

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a a new t-mobile vivacity that i've just messed up i think. I was like a bull in a china shop and ploughed in without reading all the instructions. So i have no MAC code but more importantly i don't even have a phone just something that boots into DOS.

I have got as far as running CWM 4.0.1.5 from boot up, when i try to install the zip file containing the rom, it fails to read teh SD card giving the error
E: Can't open /sdcard/update.zip or whatever other name the rom is.

I can't work out how to get it to read the SD card?

I've gone through the forums and could have missed a solution but i'm totally stuck. Would appreciate any advice as I'm pretty annoyed with myself, love doing this as a way of learning about the hardware but i really should learn from my mistakes not to rush into these things..

Cheers
Matt

UPDATE: just noticed i donthave SD-ext.img installed ?

Edited by MattyK2012, 03 March 2012 - 07:41 PM.

MattyK2012

MattyK2012

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ignore my post.. the forums have saved me:

I used the ZTE app mentioned in here http://android.modac...rick-any-ideas/

Took ages but saved my bacon.. I think i'll put up with bloatware rather than have that stress again!

Great forums though. Thanks to everybody who contributes

Jamie82

Jamie82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks for the guide it worked for my San Francisco 2. Here's what I did in case it helps someone else.

Firstly lots of the file links on the first page seemed dead so that's why I had to get them elsewhere (see links below). Otherwise I just did step by step exactly what Bouncer5's guides said.

I followed part 1 of the guide "Unlocking Your Phone said:" to get as far as booting into clockwork mod recovery using the files from here:
http://ztecrescent.b...-unlocking.html

Then I followed part 3 "Installing Your Rom said:" with these files:
What the guide calls crescent.zip:
flb2-r2a.zip
What the guide calls kernel.zip:
ouk-stock.zip

(from http://android.modac...ded-gb-rom-r2a/)

It did take about a minute to boot the first time after flashing the ROM. The first time I tried rooting I used the debranded rom linked from the ztecrescent.blogspot.com site but it hung at the android boot screen and I had to reflash the stock rom using CWM to get it working again (this is the same thing that Stu T says happened to him on page 7)

satti

satti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:orange sanfrancisco 2
i was unable to download these links please help thanks in advance

ADB.zip (1.42 MB)
Driver Setup.zip (4.29 MB)
Crescent.zip (94.6 MB)
sanfran2kernel.zip (3.45 MB)

Edited by satti, 11 March 2012 - 04:25 AM.

smallshang

smallshang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users