Photo

[HOW TO] Rooting Unlocking and De-Branding your ZTE Crescent [Updated Now Complete]

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
444 replies to this topic

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
Thanks for this guide Bouncer5

Could you add the known issues with the ROM to the first post please and cross them out as resolutions are found and the first post updated with them too. Thanks a lot ;)

Posted Image

Bouncer5

Bouncer5

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Android oh course!
  • Devices:GS2
  • Twitter:@zumodoki
First post now all up to date with what I belive you require.

Edited by Bouncer5, 03 December 2011 - 01:22 AM.

Posted Image

oo03sjw

oo03sjw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:3GS, San Fran, Galaxy tab.

My fault! I forgot to upload the ADB/Prep folder.

I will re-upload the UNLOCK Folders with the prep and update the instructions.

Hi Bouncer5 sorry to be a pain but have I missed the unlock files, they are not in the 1st post and prep?

Thanks as always

Khalsa26

Khalsa26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Orange Sanfrancisco
Hi bouncer,

Thank you so much for getting me this far.

I have followed all these steps.

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">Unlocking Your Phone said:

• Download THIS file and install it.
  • Download the unlock.zip for your SFII or Vivacity. (WARNING: Using the WRONG unlock.zip will brick your phone completely)
  • Connect your phone to your computer and make sure you have USB Debugging turned on. (Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging)
  • Press and hold the Volume Down and power buttons together. This SHOULD bring you to a screen saying FTM. If your see Clockwork Mod you will have to load the stock ROM. (Instructions to Follow)
  • Make sure you installed QPST in the first step. Now in the Start menu find "QPST Configuration" Click on "Ports" and then the "Add Port" button.
  • Once that is added close Configuration and open "Software Download" from the start menu
  • Click "Backup" on the utility and choose where to save the "QCN" File
  • Make sure the file exists and is non-zero in file size before precedding - If not try the from step 6 again.
  • Unzip your Unlock.zip folder and run "download.exe"
  • If you are sure you want to Unlock your phone press "START!"
  • Sit and wait it out, Should take no more than two minutes until it is finished and Unlocked!
  • Go back to the "Software Download" utility and click the "Restore" Find the .qcn file you saved and restore it.
  • Remove your USB cable, pull the battery and insert your SIM of choice -

Voila.

Your phone SHOULD boot into Clockwork Mod Recovery. If not follow the instuctions below.

The problem is now that it just boots into CWM-based Recovery v4.0.1.5 as you say it should.

I have no idea what to do next. I thought when I did the Restore in "Software Download" I basically put the old rom back and now the phone is unlocked at this stage.

Sorry to be a total pain but please can you guide me what to do next.

All I want is an unlocked phone.

Thank you so much in advance.

Pal

Edited by Khalsa26, 03 December 2011 - 01:16 AM.

Bouncer5

Bouncer5

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Hi bouncer,

Thank you so much for getting me this far.

I have followed all these steps.

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">Unlocking Your Phone said:

• Download THIS file and install it.
  • Download the unlock.zip for your SFII or Vivacity. (WARNING: Using the WRONG unlock.zip will brick your phone completely)
  • Connect your phone to your computer and make sure you have USB Debugging turned on. (Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging)
  • Press and hold the Volume Down and power buttons together. This SHOULD bring you to a screen saying FTM. If your see Clockwork Mod you will have to load the stock ROM. (Instructions to Follow)
  • Make sure you installed QPST in the first step. Now in the Start menu find "QPST Configuration" Click on "Ports" and then the "Add Port" button.
  • Once that is added close Configuration and open "Software Download" from the start menu
  • Click "Backup" on the utility and choose where to save the "QCN" File
  • Make sure the file exists and is non-zero in file size before precedding - If not try the from step 6 again.
  • Unzip your Unlock.zip folder and run "download.exe"
  • If you are sure you want to Unlock your phone press "START!"
  • Sit and wait it out, Should take no more than two minutes until it is finished and Unlocked!
  • Go back to the "Software Download" utility and click the "Restore" Find the .qcn file you saved and restore it.
  • Remove your USB cable, pull the battery and insert your SIM of choice -

Voila.

Your phone SHOULD boot into Clockwork Mod Recovery. If not follow the instuctions below.

The problem is now that it just boots into CWM-based Recovery v4.0.1.5 as you say it should.

I have no idea what to do next. I thought when I did the Restore in "Software Download" I basically put the old rom back and now the phone is unlocked at this stage.

Sorry to be a total pain but please can you guide me what to do next.

All I want is an unlocked phone.

Thank you so much in advance.

Pal

Your phone is unlocked But you need to download a ROM. You can find a suggested ROM on the first page just now

If you open up Clockwork and go to Mounts and storage and mounth USB Storage, And load the files onto your SD card then follow the last part about loading a rom.

Posted Image

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
Thanks Bouncer5, great job. I guess the issues with the ROMs need to go on the ROM pages ;)

Posted Image

Khalsa26

Khalsa26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Orange Sanfrancisco
Hey Bouncer,

You are a total gentleman. Thank you so, so much.

May you get all your desires and aspirations in life.

It is all working with no issues that I can see.

Once again, I am so, so grateful to you and all that helped me do this.

Thanks.

Pal

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
Notes from my install...

When restoring the backup in QPST Software Download tick "Allow Phone/File ESN mismatch"

Posted Image

Bouncer5

Bouncer5

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
Would it not allow you to restore without it? How bizzare

Posted Image

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
Yeah that's correct Bouncer5

Posted Image

Bouncer5

Bouncer5

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
I shall add it, I have no issues, But I had to manually edit my file to add my WiFi Mac address back in

Posted Image

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
My wifi mac restored perfectly! :huh:

Posted Image

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
Flashed the r2 ROM. Error same as last time in Software Download: "Memory Restore Failed: The ESN of the phone does not match the ESN of this file containing RF calibration data"

Tick the box - works fine. And the phone is perfectly stable :blink:

Posted Image

Liamness

Liamness

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco II
  • Twitter:@liamness
Hello chaps, sorry to have signed up purely just to ask a horribly nooby question, but...

Why might adb not recognise the phone when I plug it into my Macbook? Tried an HTC Desire to check if I'd set adb up wrong, but no, that works just fine! Or is there another way to install clockworkmod?

Bouncer5

Bouncer5

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Hello chaps, sorry to have signed up purely just to ask a horribly nooby question, but...

Why might adb not recognise the phone when I plug it into my Macbook? Tried an HTC Desire to check if I'd set adb up wrong, but no, that works just fine! Or is there another way to install clockworkmod?

Drivers is what I belive it to be. I have uploaded drivers but I belive they are windows only. (Such as the process i've listed)

Posted Image

snowbord

snowbord

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
What are the partition layouts of the OSF2 and TMV?

Are there any established procedures to repartition the phones to have a 160 system / 300 internal layout, eradicating cache (2mb) and redirecting it to RAM?

Edited by snowbord, 03 December 2011 - 10:07 PM.

Liamness

Liamness

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco II
  • Twitter:@liamness

Drivers is what I belive it to be. I have uploaded drivers but I belive they are windows only. (Such as the process i've listed)

I've been led to believe that drivers are only an issue on Windows devices though, with Mac and Linux being good to go anyway? As I said, the HTC was recognised by adb without me having to install anything extra.

Bouncer5

Bouncer5

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

I've been led to believe that drivers are only an issue on Windows devices though, with Mac and Linux being good to go anyway? As I said, the HTC was recognised by adb without me having to install anything extra.

Its been a while since i've used ADB but it all worked fine for me first try with the instructions i've provided

Not yet, But im not the one to ask about that, Once someone has repartitioned that will be added here. Untill then, I may fill the system partition with popular apps instead of dead space.

Posted Image

misodoctakleidist

misodoctakleidist

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Would anyone be able to tell me how to get root access in the stock ROM?

I have just unlocked my OSFII and flashed clockworkmod using the instructions in this thread - it worked perfectly - but then I reinstalled the OSFII stock ROM rather than the debranded ROM.

Bouncer5

Bouncer5

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
you will have to follow instruction set 2 to get clock work mod on, Then flash any from that IS NOT stock software or your back to step one again. There is a rooted branded ROM Somewhere on the forum

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users