Front facing camera

Guest Karucifer

Guest Karucifer

Hi Folks,

I'm investigating something with the front facing camera and wanted to poll opinion from other Galaxy Nexus owners to know whether they were seeing this issue too.

It would appear that the angle the camera is aimed at when the phone is being used in portrait orientation is a little off.

I've taken this photo with the phone laid on my desk and am holding the pen 30cm away dead centre over the screen (top to bottom). I've rotated the image and flipped it to show what I see on the screen - you can see it here.

AFAIK at those distances the pen should be pretty central (horizontally in the picture - it clearly isn't!

If you're able to test this please let me know either way.

Hi Folks,

I'm investigating something with the front facing camera and wanted to poll opinion from other Galaxy Nexus owners to know whether they were seeing this issue too.

It would appear that the angle the camera is aimed at when the phone is being used in portrait orientation is a little off.

I've taken this photo with the phone laid on my desk and am holding the pen 30cm away dead centre over the screen (top to bottom). I've rotated the image and flipped it to show what I see on the screen - you can see it here.

AFAIK at those distances the pen should be pretty central (horizontally in the picture - it clearly isn't!

If you're able to test this please let me know either way.

Is this maybe for the face unlock feature?

Guest Karucifer

Is this maybe for the face unlock feature?

It means that when I hold the phone straight I see more of my right shoulder than my face, so I'd hope not :-)

Normally cameras are angled slightly to ensure that held straight at arms length they're aimed at your face, this one isn't.

It means that when I hold the phone straight I see more of my right shoulder than my face, so I'd hope not :-)

Normally cameras are angled slightly to ensure that held straight at arms length they're aimed at your face, this one isn't.

I have to hold mine at a slight angle to get a centralised picture.

Guest Zarch1972

Mine's not lined up straight either. See twitpic below.

http://twitpic.com/7mhcgm

I laid the GN on the table and put the ruler bang in the middle of the screen with the pen on top.

To get my face in the middle of the screen I have to hold the phone at a slightly off centre angle, both horizontal and vertical. :huh:

Edited by Zarch1972