- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

khos

khos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Try Root Explorer instead of ES File Explorer worked for me :)

Hmm, ok Root Explorer, I need to pay for that.. I'll try some other file managers first. Any ideas why it has to be root explorer?

also tried some solution on http://android.modac...m-official-235/ "Solved the "problem"! First download and install SuperUser from the marktet!! Before using SuperOneClick! " but that did not help either.. hmm, kind of weird. Any further help would be appreciated, what else can I try?

maybe use adb shell to change permissions?

Edited by khos, 02 January 2012 - 08:55 PM.

auberwn

auberwn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hmm, ok Root Explorer, I need to pay for that.. I'll try some other file managers first. Any ideas why it has to be root explorer?

also tried some solution on http://android.modac...m-official-235/ "Solved the "problem"! First download and install SuperUser from the marktet!! Before using SuperOneClick! " but that did not help either.. hmm, kind of weird. Any further help would be appreciated, what else can I try?

maybe use adb shell to change permissions?

I had the same problem with ES File Explorer. I had to remount the .cust_backup folder as writeable using the Remount (Stephen Stericson) app. Then ES File Explorer was able to ovewrite the file.

Now if only I could find out how to overclock the CPU...

Banner

Banner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Return to supplier for warranty repair / replacement.

Did you re-partition your phone? This seems to be the cause of the IMEI=0 Problem.

Yeah i had re-partitioned when I first got it, but i did return it to original partition before I ran the upgrade, ah well CPW have it now.
though it wasnt very reassuring when the guy didnt understand why I was bothered that my IMEI had been reset as he had no idea what it was for!!!!!

Honestly dont these people have any interest in what it is they're selling?

That-Guy

That-Guy

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Yeah i had re-partitioned when I first got it, but i did return it to original partition before I ran the upgrade, ah well CPW have it now.
though it wasnt very reassuring when the guy didnt understand why I was bothered that my IMEI had been reset as he had no idea what it was for!!!!!

Honestly dont these people have any interest in what it is they're selling?

Sounds like a typical Robot in these types of shops :D

Huawei U8800 / Ideos X5 - Rooted & Unlocked
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4 | Rom: Android 2.3.5 - Official Huawei Final Release
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 (un-modified) | Partitions: Stock Partition Layout

....:::: Ultimate Guide to the Huawei U8800 ::::....
Rooting | Custom ROMs | ClockworkMod | Themes | Other Hacks & Tweaks

[U8800] [How To] Root, Install ClockworkMod + Remove Bundled Apps from Official 2.3.5

Posted Image

WEBSITE - TWITTER - GOOGLE+ - BLOG

khos

khos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I had the same problem with ES File Explorer. I had to remount the .cust_backup folder as writeable using the Remount (Stephen Stericson) app. Then ES File Explorer was able to ovewrite the file.

Now if only I could find out how to overclock the CPU...

This is how:
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1391494 , hope it helps.

Tendeiro

Tendeiro

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ideos X5 - U8800
Can anyone explain something to me? I haven't done the upgrade, I'm still on 2.2.2. I intend to do the 2.3 official upgrade so:

--> How can I downgrade to official 2.2.2? I haven't found anything at all about this, although I read all the time about people doing downgrades.

I wanted to know every step first if I need to backup something prior to the upgrade.

That-Guy

That-Guy

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Can anyone explain something to me? I haven't done the upgrade, I'm still on 2.2.2. I intend to do the 2.3 official upgrade so:

--> How can I downgrade to official 2.2.2? I haven't found anything at all about this, although I read all the time about people doing downgrades.

I wanted to know every step first if I need to backup something prior to the upgrade.

Downgrade instructions are here:
http://android.modac...m-official-235/

This is the only post you will need for Official 2.3 :)

Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4 | Rom: Android 2.3.5 - Official Huawei Final Release

[U8800] [How To] Root, Install ClockworkMod + Remove Bundled Apps from Official 2.3.5

Posted Image

Banner

Banner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Well the mighty CPW couldnt fix the reset imei, im expecting a Galaxy S as a replacement. Not bad, but ill miss my u8800.

That-Guy

That-Guy

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Well the mighty CPW couldnt fix the reset imei, im expecting a Galaxy S as a replacement. Not bad, but ill miss my u8800.

Very nice indeed! Wish they replaced mine with the Galaxy S rather than sending me another U8800.

The Galaxy S seems to have allot of ICS ROMS out already. THIS ONE caught my eye as everything seems to be working well. There will be no official ICS from Samsung for the Galaxy S so this ROM seems the next best thing :)

Enjoy your new phone!

Posted Image

lecompt

lecompt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
new kernel for .35 which doesn't distort a sound but does overclocking max up to 1200mhz. I just tried on stock ROM works well

download

d3xx

d3xx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:ideos x5
Can someone please post a download link for the current official 2.3 update (english with Google apps)? All the links i try dont work or go to premium-only fileshare sites.

Tendeiro

Tendeiro

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ideos X5 - U8800
Seems like Huawei deployed a new version:

Name:HUAWEI U8800 Android 2.3 for beta.This version improves1,missing call issue;2,MMS attachment issue.Version:-- ( V100R001C00B526G001 ) Date:2012-02-17

"For beta"? Weird... :S I'm still on 2.2 until I am sure it's ok to install without losing imei or bricking the phone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users