[ROM] FLB2 - Completely Debranded GB ROM r2a

Guest Simon O

Guest Flumpster

Sorry to be a nuisance but I was sitting in the living room with low light conditions again tonight and the phones are still not bringing the lights on for me unless darker.

What file did you edit to change them last lime please flibblesan so I can edit them to come on in lighter conditions?

Cap buttons a lot better now thanks. I'd love to see a control for that sensitivity on this device... that's a long way off I guess! :)

Can't seem to disable heptic feedback completely now (I usualy set it as disabled as I can). No biggie.. seems minimal and I don't mind it. Just sayin'! ;)

Guest Simon O

Cap buttons a lot better now thanks. I'd love to see a control for that sensitivity on this device... that's a long way off I guess! :)

Can't seem to disable heptic feedback completely now (I usualy set it as disabled as I can). No biggie.. seems minimal and I don't mind it. Just sayin'! ;)

We will need decent working kernel code to fix sensitivity.

Haptic feedback can be disabled in the sound menu in the settings application. If the phone is on silent or vibrate then it won't let you change the setting.

Guest Simon O

Sorry to be a nuisance but I was sitting in the living room with low light conditions again tonight and the phones are still not bringing the lights on for me unless darker.

What file did you edit to change them last lime please flibblesan so I can edit them to come on in lighter conditions?

Have you got a vivacity or sanfran2? The brightness levels are modified by decompiling the framework, editing the compiling.

We will need decent working kernel code to fix sensitivity.

Haptic feedback can be disabled in the sound menu in the settings application. If the phone is on silent or vibrate then it won't let you change the setting.

Doh! Sorry Flibble I just couldn't find that this time. Usually I happen upon it. Sound menu - gaah! :)

Guest Simon O

Doh! Sorry Flibble I just couldn't find that this time. Usually I happen upon it. Sound menu - gaah! :)

Silly place to put the option really.. but it's there.

Right.. looking at the button backlights again. If I tweak the values any more then the lights seem to light up more often which could result in battery drain.

If you want to test this, then download and flash this: http://www.mediafire.com/?8rcng82sfv4g79a

To revert just flash the rom again.

It's very very likely this will result in the backlight being on too often. Sadly there is only two options for the backlights, on or off. No way to set the brightness level. The only thing I am changing is the amount of darkness needed to trigger the lights.

Guest Flumpster

Thanks very much for this.. I am downloading now and gonna test..

I will report back within the hour ;)

edit : and I have a vivacity

Edited by Flumpster

Guest Flumpster

We are getting there but now they are a bit too high.. They are on nearly all of the time unless I put the phone up by a light bulb.

Can I have it somewhere in between please?

Guest admanirv

Flibb, found another issue with coarse location and location in general, fancy widget gets the wrong location and google news can't find location this is without gps in.

Cheers

Guest Simon O

Hi, Got a strange issue where no predictive text is working like there is no dictionary?

I have English UK enabled (ticked in the box)

How can I fix?

ZTE removed all dictionaries from the Android keyboard. You will need to install another keyboard for now.

Cheers for the reply Fibble..

I didn't realize they'd removed them!! Do you recommend a certain keyboard? I'm just getting back into this android stuff cool.gif

Is there no way you can add a dictionary to the existing android keyboard then? or any way to do it?

Thanks again,

Wazy

PS - Is this Swype I hear of any good?

Guest Simon O

Cheers for the reply Fibble..

I didn't realize they'd removed them!! Do you recommend a certain keyboard? I'm just getting back into this android stuff cool.gif

Is there no way you can add a dictionary to the existing android keyboard then? or any way to do it?

Thanks again,

Wazy

PS - Is this Swype I hear of any good?

I don't like Swype much. I always use Swiftkey X for a keyboard.

Try this Android keyboard out. I've not tested it fully but it should work ok.

http://www.mediafire.com/?miamuf5798akv47

As always, install using recovery.

Guest Flumpster

flibblesan, I have decompiled the framework-res.apk but I have no idea what folder and file those settings for the buttons are in.

Can you point me in the right direction please so I can get the lights to come on as I want them.

Guest Simon O

flibblesan, I have decompiled the framework-res.apk but I have no idea what folder and file those settings for the buttons are in.

Can you point me in the right direction please so I can get the lights to come on as I want them.

framework-res\res\values\arrays.xml

Then you need to make changes to config_autoBrightnessLevels, <integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessButtonBacklightValues"> and possibly <integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessKeyboardBacklightValues"> too

I'm not totally sure how the values work but so far it seems that the higher the value, the more the lights will light up.

Guest Flumpster

I had a quick play and the best settings for me seem to be :

<integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessButtonBacklightValues">

<item>200</item>

<item>100</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

<item>0</item>

</integer-array>

I have recompiled it and zipaligned for anyone else wanting to try.

**link removed**

flibblesan, any idea why your framework-res.apk is 7,283kb where mine is 4,439kb compiled? When decompiled they are both exactly the same size and same contents but yours is nearly double the size?

Edited by Flumpster

Guest Simon O

I had a quick play and the best settings for me seem to be :

<integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessButtonBacklightValues">
<item>200</item>
<item>100</item>
<item>0</item>
<item>0</item>
<item>0</item>
<item>0</item>
<item>0</item>
<item>0</item>
</integer-array>[/code]

I have recompiled it and zipaligned for anyone else wanting to try.

Button Light Fix

flibblesan, any idea why your framework-res.apk is 7,283kb where mine is 4,439kb compiled? When decompiled they are both exactly the same size and same contents but yours is nearly double the size?

resources.arsc will be compressed in your file. Normally it isn't compressed in framework files

Having it compressed can cause bootloops. Just tested your file and it has given me bootloops but if I add the resources.arsc file in uncompressed then it works fine.

Guest Flumpster

ahh.. How can I compile without compressing that file ? is there a switch ?

At the moment I am just running "apktool b decompiled compiled.apk"

Also I just tested it on the second phone and these settings are not quite right.. It looks like the light sensor is inconsistent between phones.

Looks like if people want it right for their own phones they'll have to play with them manually.

Thanks again.