[ROM] FLB2 - Completely Debranded GB ROM r2a

Guest Simon O

Guest CarlMUK

Flash the correct kernel as stated in the guides.

Hi, As per my post, I have done that as well. Tried it with the included kernal and then the stock SFII kernel

Guest CarlMUK

Hi, As per my post, I have done that as well. Tried it with the included kernal and then the stock SFII kernel

Ahh got it, thanks, you have to install the kernel at the same time as the rom, if you boot in to the rom first you get my problem!

Guest CarlMUK

Like a few others I found the radio didn't work in your ROM so had to go with Sebastian404 (Side not, The email client doesn't work in his) which is a shame as yours feels faster and I like the CRT power off effect!

How/where do you turn that setting on for the CRT effect?

Firstly, thanks for all the hard work done on unlocking & debranding the Vivacity in such a short space of time...

Now onto the question... I have a weird problem with the Vivacity and my integrated bluetooth car kit. Ran fine with my previous OSF1 on CM7.1 stable (and every other ROM I ran on it for that matter), with the Vivacity it connects and syncs fine, but in call I get a constant loud clicking/buzzing interference that makes handsfree conversation impossible. When I get chance I'll do a quick swap to the Seb404 ROM to make sure the problem is there for both, in the meantime any ideas as to what might be the problem?

I've also tested it streaming music to my A2DP receiver and this works fine, in fact much better than the OSF1 in terms of range.

Thanks...

Edit:

Just tried Sebs ROM and this works fine, but prefer a few features in FLB2... thoughts on how to fix it?

Edited by nre

Guest Reider59

I want to use the de branded ROM on my Orange (now 02) SFII but since I unlocked and used a stock ROM I decided to leave it there, I only got the phone on the 23rd Dec. Now looking at all the Orange dross I changed my mind. But I can get the FTM on no problem, the bit I can`t seem to do is get back into the Recovery to change ROMS. No matter what I do I end up with FTM or the phone starts normally, no Recovery menu. Go gentle, I`m an Android virgin.

Secondarily, I installed some payware and free apps plus downloaded a couple of free payware add ons Orange gave me. Is their a single program that will back up everything so that I don`t lose these when I maul with the phone? Thanks for any help/advice you can give.

Edit: After searching + checking out many posts on this site and one or two others before writing this I got nowhere. I searched for 2 seconds after this post and followed a thread in this forum that details how to enter Recovery (but I haven`t got a drink problem!), got part way through and realised I needed to make a backup. When I restarted the phone it went into Recovery so I just went for it. Debranded now and I can get COD4 again, the other stuff doesn`t matter too much.

Steve

Edited by Reider59

Guest Reider59

Reider59:

http://android.modac...ost__p__1872567

Alternatively, you can use ADB and install CWM that way. I never got the USB drivers working on my machine, so the TPT method was the only way to go for me. The ADB CWM install info is in the unlocking guide.

Thanks Snow. I used ADB and though it was still hit and miss it got me in a few times. Strangely, now all is tidied and working how I want ROM Manager now gets me to Recovery every time, first few times I tried it just glared back at me and did nothing. I`ve been back into Recovery, cleared both caches, made sure the phone was on 100% charge and then deleted the battery stats. Just waiting while its almost flat now then I`ll recharge to get a good battery level. Its doing real well though power wise, better than I expected.

I`ll put the TPT on next time, I`m really happy with this debranded setup and the phone thanks to all the guys here. So I don`t want to lose any settings or upset the applecart until it needs a wipe or something. Unless Titanium Backup (licensed) will put all my swag back. I have that COD7 back again anyhow, I found my .APK file and saved it for safety. Got an installer and its now back on. Reminds me, I got Real Racing 2 purchased so I need to know what to do with that in the event of changing ROMS and wiping the phone. I write stuff down like that and then Google for info so I can learn a little more about Android and how it all works.

Steve

Guest paperboy2

I removed it because I had too much compressed in the apk during compile.

I'm still working on better settings and will upload a proper one for you when I'm finished mate.

But it does seem that both my devices require different settings.

Added R2a and the buttons are still not clear except in sunlight or near darkness, so I for one would not mind the buttons being on all the time. Is it possible to do this?

Guest Russ_uk

Silly place to put the option really.. but it's there.

Right.. looking at the button backlights again. If I tweak the values any more then the lights seem to light up more often which could result in battery drain.

If you want to test this, then download and flash this: http://www.mediafire...8rcng82sfv4g79a

To revert just flash the rom again.

It's very very likely this will result in the backlight being on too often. Sadly there is only two options for the backlights, on or off. No way to set the brightness level. The only thing I am changing is the amount of darkness needed to trigger the lights.

Maybe It would be an idea to adjust the lighting sensors value so the keys would illuminate at a higher light level - Would that would be sufficient to solve the darkness issue??

Is it even a feasible option?

This is a sexy rom!

Could somebody please explain to me the role of the kernel?

do i need a different kernel for flashing different images? or does the one provided in this guide suffice for all?

Cheers.

Edited by Mub6

Guest GeorgeZZzz

Hi thanks a lot first.

The USB debugging mode is not working after I installed r2a and stock kernel on my OSF2.

I can't see the little robot on the notification even when the USB debugging is checked.

Does anyone has the same problem?

Guest GeorgeZZzz

Hi thanks a lot first.

The USB debugging mode is not working after I installed r2a and stock kernel on my OSF2.

I can't see the little robot on the notification even when the USB debugging is checked.

Does anyone has the same problem?

I found the solution finally.

go to

http://developer.android.com/sdk/oem-usb.html

and download the driver.

But...before r2a installed, why was USB debugging working well without installing the driver above?

anyway, problem solved.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest IronFarm

Hi. I'm loving the ROM but I have a question about A2SD. I didn't have an EXT partition when I installed the ROM so A2SD was not activated. I now have an EXT partition so how do I get A2SD working?

If I need to reflash the ROM, is there a way to do it without losing my apps and data (for example partially restoring a backup made with Clockwork Mod)?

Thanks!

Guest Reider59

Hi. I'm loving the ROM but I have a question about A2SD. I didn't have an EXT partition when I installed the ROM so A2SD was not activated. I now have an EXT partition so how do I get A2SD working?

Try an uninstall/reinstall of A2SD.....

If I need to reflash the ROM, is there a way to do it without losing my apps and data (for example partially restoring a backup made with Clockwork Mod)?

Thanks!

Get Titanium Backup. It gives you full confidence when changing ROMS. I did mine about 20 times now and lost nothing at all. I ended up paying for the full licence, its that good. A mixture of full Restore and partial Restore, depending on your needs at the time, from Titanium works. The free version you have to choose each APP and file one by one to restore. With the full version you can select a few APPS and files or all. It takes all the hard work out.

Steve

Check for "A2SD GUI" in your apps drawer.

Guest IronFarm

Try an uninstall/reinstall of A2SD.....

Get Titanium Backup. It gives you full confidence when changing ROMS. I did mine about 20 times now and lost nothing at all. I ended up paying for the full licence, its that good. A mixture of full Restore and partial Restore, depending on your needs at the time, from Titanium works. The free version you have to choose each APP and file one by one to restore. With the full version you can select a few APPS and files or all. It takes all the hard work out.

Steve

I used the instructions located here http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=158809660835039 (sorry it's a facebook link, it was all I could find but seems official) and now when I open the A2SD GUI app it tells me that the apps have been moved to my SD card. I'm not convinced though as my internal storage is still dropping and my /system/sd/ folder (where the ext partition is mounted) on my phone is empty. Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

Guest Reider59

I used the instructions located here http://www.facebook....158809660835039 (sorry it's a facebook link, it was all I could find but seems official) and now when I open the A2SD GUI app it tells me that the apps have been moved to my SD card. I'm not convinced though as my internal storage is still dropping and my /system/sd/ folder (where the ext partition is mounted) on my phone is empty. Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

If you have the SD Card divided up between EXT2 and say FAT32 you`ll only see the FAT32 partition. A2SD as far as I`m aware only moves the APPS to the EXT2 partition, thats why you need it partitioning in such a way as to give you an EXT2 partition for it to use. Some APPS cannot use the SD CARD so only the compatible ones are moved. This leaves you to juggle the rest. I personally don`t use Facebook or Twitter so they are the first to go out the window for me. Use a File Manager type program to see exactly what is on the MicroSD Card, including the EXT2 Partition.

If it becomes a problem though their is another ROM in the forum that leaves a greater amount of spare space on the phone system side so you can use more APPS on it. I haven`t tried it but have no particular problem with mine so no need to try it yet. The 160/40 system looks about best for your use. But that`s for you to decide or rearrange what you have now so it works best for you.

http://android.modac...-vivacity-tpts/

Theirs also a version of the Fish N Chip ROM for the SFII so no kernel file needed. It also has Facebook and Twitter removed. So for those who don`t wish to use them anyway a greater amount of space is available and no need to remove them yourself.

http://android.modac...slprozeamstock/

Scroll down for the version with FB and Twitter removed, thats if you have the SFII. Also be aware if you change ROMS and then use Titanium to restore then make sure you skip A2SD as a Restore, instead reinstall it now you have the EXT2 partition so it picks up on this and uses it.

Steve

Edited by Reider59

Guest Josef Prusa

Firstly, thanks for all the hard work done on unlocking & debranding the Vivacity in such a short space of time...

Now onto the question... I have a weird problem with the Vivacity and my integrated bluetooth car kit. Ran fine with my previous OSF1 on CM7.1 stable (and every other ROM I ran on it for that matter), with the Vivacity it connects and syncs fine, but in call I get a constant loud clicking/buzzing interference that makes handsfree conversation impossible. When I get chance I'll do a quick swap to the Seb404 ROM to make sure the problem is there for both, in the meantime any ideas as to what might be the problem?

I've also tested it streaming music to my A2DP receiver and this works fine, in fact much better than the OSF1 in terms of range.

Thanks...

Edit:

Just tried Sebs ROM and this works fine, but prefer a few features in FLB2... thoughts on how to fix it?

Hi, same problem here. I have got bluetooth sound issues (garbled) with MIO GPS nav (used as a handsfree) and with Nokia BH-600 headset. I have got the same problems with the Fish'N'Chips ROM, which is apparently based off the same base as FLB2. Both Seb's ROM and the Bouncer's ROM work fine but none of them offer A2S. So even with the fixed TPT I have got only some 240 MB of space, which is not enough for me. I prefer FLB/Fish'N'Chips but I have to use the Bouncer's version to be able to use my handsfree.

Any idea how to fix the BT problem?

Otherwise - excellent work, thanks!

Josef

Guest IronFarm

I reflashed the ROM and now A2SD works perfectly. I think the problem was I'd actually installed a different ROM when I meant to install this one. Pretty stupid I know, I'm not even sure what ROM I had installed. Needless to say, I like this ROM even more now I actually have it installed!

One slight problem seems to be with the tilt sensor. Apps like Google Sky Map don't work as the view doesn't change as I move the phone. Anybody else experiencing this problem?

Guest Reider59

I find my tilt sensor a little on the slow side. Sometimes it tilts horizontal when I want it vertical, so I just tilt back and have to wait a few moments. The rest of the phone is responsive and quite rapid. As this is only an occasional problem I can live with it for now. Google Sky Map worked perfectly for me the few times I tried it. If yours is worse than this then it may indicate a hardware/software fault. Depends pretty much on the ROM installed and if it needed the correct kernel applying I guess.

EDIT: Just tried Google Sky Map once again and its working perfectly. My last ROM change on my San francisco II was delete the factory/data, delete both caches, apply the Fish N Chip ROM with Nemus, apply the SanFranciscoIIkernel.zip then and only then reboot the system (phone). Since then I updated the Flash and restored APPS/data from my full version of Titanium Backup. Their is now a version of Fish N Chip that doesn`t need the kernel file applying, this ROM is dedicated to the SFII.

I`m well happy with this phone now, it maintains 4-5 days on power just using the phone (had Flu so I didn`t use it much) and 24/48 hours using a mix of all features and APPS. But I did do some remedial work to clean up the power side and use Power Manager too. I got the phone to 100% charge, opened Restore and deleted the battery stats, let the phone drain to 4% under normal use and only then charged it. So the stats built up to a good spread of data from near flat to fully charged. This may or may not have helped but I`m impressed with the power usage so far.

Steve

Edited by Reider59

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bunnygirl222

Cifs modules for stock kernel attached!

cifs-oustock.zip

I have an Orange San Francisco II and so with the de-branded rom, I need to use the stock orange kernel linked to the first post of this thread to avoid touchscreen problems.

I compiled the cifs module to work with this kernel. I think this may well work on other roms and the vivacity, but I have not tested this.

I use cifs manager from the market and do everything on the /sdcard, my modules are in /sdcard/mod and I mount my folder at /sdcard/mnt

The settings in cifs manager I have:

Load cifs module = Yes

Load via Insmod = Yes

Path to cifs.ko = /sdcard/mod/slow-work.ko:/sdcard/mod/cifs.ko

I can now mount my network share over wifi and stream directly to the phone which is great!

Please let me know if this module works for anyone else. This is my first time working with an android kernel.