114 replies to this topic

snowbord

snowbord

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Haven't done this myself yet but if it's the same as the Blade 1, use CWM to partition (in Advanced / partition SD card) - set data to 256 / 512, with 512 being best when the phone's internal data partition has been repartitioned to 270mb+ via TPT. Set swap to 0. Yes it will wipe your SD card. Only the FAT partition will then be visible (in windows at least).

Pretty simple procedure really.

Edited by snowbord, 08 December 2011 - 02:23 PM.

admanirv

admanirv

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S3
Will this still allow android to view the partition when i add music?

cheers

snowbord

snowbord

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
I don't quite understand your question. The ext partition on your SD card is for apps. You will not have access to it directly so as to be able to copy files onto it (music).

In essence from your point of view, the SD card will shrink by 256/512mb or whatever you choose when you partition it.  Only this partition will be visible to you. 

Edited by snowbord, 08 December 2011 - 06:37 PM.

snowbord

snowbord

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
fibblesan, any update on the cache/ to RAM redirects? It appears we have confirmed working repartitioning TPTs!

http://android.modac...ost__p__1860906

PsYcHoKiLLa

PsYcHoKiLLa

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4, Tesco Hudl
  • Twitter:@djsubterrain
Finally managed to get this rom installed with working WiFi and working keyboard (had a little bit of trouble with the mac address disappearing but I'd backed up the qcn file so was able to restore those settings).

My problem now is that when I go into the storage section of settings I've only got 113MB free space and I haven't even installed anything yet, although on my original San Francisco I could keep my free space around 200MB even with several apps and widgets installed. Why is there so little free space right at the start? Have Orange partitioned a lot of system cache for a faster startup? (Me trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about :P )

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Finally managed to get this rom installed with working WiFi and working keyboard (had a little bit of trouble with the mac address disappearing but I'd backed up the qcn file so was able to restore those settings).

My problem now is that when I go into the storage section of settings I've only got 113MB free space and I haven't even installed anything yet, although on my original San Francisco I could keep my free space around 200MB even with several apps and widgets installed. Why is there so little free space right at the start? Have Orange partitioned a lot of system cache for a faster startup? (Me trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about :P )

The data partition only comes with 162.5MB of space in it. Dalvik cache gets stored there which may be what is taking up all the space. The system partition is so big because Orange stuff it full of rubbish. You can change the layout using this or these. h4gster has reported it works ok.

TPT Helper lets you easily repartition your ZTE phone, install a new ROM and for the Blade, convert to/from Gen 2. Available for Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade, Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate and Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity. https://market.andro...horas.tpthelper

TPTs and other apps

rijon99

rijon99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, T-mobile Vivacity
I have used both FLB1 r1 and FLB2 r2a, I have found r1 much more responsive because of the custom kernel, although there were a few bugs - the phone wouldn't respond to turning the screen on when it was off for a long time and also the first facing camera not working. r2a is not very responsive for me therefore I have reverted back to r1. I do understand that we still do not have the correct kernel source to fix these bugs properly, but as soon as we do, this phone will be amazing. Thank you flibblesan for all your time put into this rom.

rijon99

rijon99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, T-mobile Vivacity

You can change the layout using this or these. h4gster has reported it works ok.

I can also confirm that it is working on the TMV.

Rimatron

Rimatron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:SF2 (ZTE BLADE 2)
Big thanks to flibblesan for the de-branding and unlocking Rom for the Orange San Francisco II. It's my first android phone. Took me around 15 minutes get it sorted. everything worked as it should.

No issues with the WIFI, Camera or keypad as some people have reported. Only one minor issue, the phones not recognised on Android Market via my Google account. but I just install the .apk files with appsinstaller via my SD card :D

Edited by Rimatron, 16 December 2011 - 08:56 PM.

snowbord

snowbord

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
Huge news. Amphoras has released thorough TPTs, most notably the 40MB cache jobs which are our best bet before cache/ redirects are implemented into the ROMs.. For noobs, this means more room for apps (data).

Also, CWM is part of the TPT! For people having issues installing CWM via ADB, this is huge.

http://android.modac...-vivacity-tpts/

Edited by snowbord, 16 December 2011 - 10:55 PM.

Hermione01

Hermione01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:osf 2
Hi Guys, Been running with the debraned romfor a couple of weeks and couldnt get the radio to work, app loads but no stations or sound

snowbord

snowbord

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
Just noticed the radio bug also - on the TMV. It is working fine with seb's rom, which unfortunately does not have GPU compositing enabled.

http://android.modac...ty-gingerbread/

snowbord

snowbord

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
Just installed seb's rom on a different TMV. Radio works fine again. On this rom (fibble's), the sound 'clicks' when the app starts. It appears to be locking onto stations, but no sound comes out.

CarlMUK

CarlMUK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:SF II
Hi,

I have unlocked and tried both your rom and the other unbranded rom, both have touchscreen issues with my San fran II, going back to the stock rom it's fine. I tried the stock SF kernel as well with your rom and it didn't help.

I do appreciate your work though ! :)

if you need any details from the phone ask quick it's a christmas present.

Oh I ran the TouchPaint test a few times the two dots on the right are mis-aligned (a small red dot appears a few mm away from the touch circle)

Edited by CarlMUK, 20 December 2011 - 08:02 PM.

snowbord

snowbord

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
Flash the correct kernel as stated in the guides.

CarlMUK

CarlMUK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Flash the correct kernel as stated in the guides.

Hi, As per my post, I have done that as well. Tried it with the included kernal and then the stock SFII kernel

CarlMUK

CarlMUK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi, As per my post, I have done that as well. Tried it with the included kernal and then the stock SFII kernel

Ahh got it, thanks, you have to install the kernel at the same time as the rom, if you boot in to the rom first you get my problem!

CarlMUK

CarlMUK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Like a few others I found the radio didn't work in your ROM so had to go with Sebastian404 (Side not, The email client doesn't work in his) which is a shame as yours feels faster and I like the CRT power off effect!
How/where do you turn that setting on for the CRT effect?

Dop3KinG

Dop3KinG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:VEGA ZTE CRESENT(TMV)
  • Twitter:@@Dop3KinG
Hi could someone please post the custom kernel from the r1 release so i could have a play with it many thanks

nre

nre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade & ZTE Crescent
Firstly, thanks for all the hard work done on unlocking & debranding the Vivacity in such a short space of time...

Now onto the question... I have a weird problem with the Vivacity and my integrated bluetooth car kit. Ran fine with my previous OSF1 on CM7.1 stable (and every other ROM I ran on it for that matter), with the Vivacity it connects and syncs fine, but in call I get a constant loud clicking/buzzing interference that makes handsfree conversation impossible. When I get chance I'll do a quick swap to the Seb404 ROM to make sure the problem is there for both, in the meantime any ideas as to what might be the problem?

I've also tested it streaming music to my A2DP receiver and this works fine, in fact much better than the OSF1 in terms of range.

Thanks...

Edit:
Just tried Sebs ROM and this works fine, but prefer a few features in FLB2... thoughts on how to fix it?

Edited by nre, 23 December 2011 - 06:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users