[ROM] FLB2 - Completely Debranded GB ROM r2a

Guest Simon O

Guest burnleytom

Hi Flibblesan,

Thanks for the ROM-using it on San Francisco II and works like a dream. Great (and hard) work by yourself!

As my status suggests, I'm a complete newby to all of this scene and modding etc.

I really want to sync my contacts from facebook, change stock pictures in contacts etc, but whatever I try, I don't think the ROM (or Gingerbread) will allow me to do this?

Done a bit of reading, and seems I need some sort of AOSP contacts or something?

Will there be a version released with this capability? I think it would be really popular.

Tom

Edited by burnleytom

Guest burnleytom

Go to contacts, go into a contact, click on edit, click on the picture to edit?

No, I'm afraid that doesn't work......once you go into edit, the only options you get are for name, phone numbers and email. I think I read the whole problem is to do with a disagreement between Google and Facebook, but you can write a 'getaround' as mentioned above. I've even installed syncmypix app, but despite finding pics and linking contacts, photos still don't show in contacts.

Edited by burnleytom

Hi, same problem here. I have got bluetooth sound issues (garbled) with MIO GPS nav (used as a handsfree) and with Nokia BH-600 headset. I have got the same problems with the Fish'N'Chips ROM, which is apparently based off the same base as FLB2. Both Seb's ROM and the Bouncer's ROM work fine but none of them offer A2S. So even with the fixed TPT I have got only some 240 MB of space, which is not enough for me. I prefer FLB/Fish'N'Chips but I have to use the Bouncer's version to be able to use my handsfree.

Any idea how to fix the BT problem?

Otherwise - excellent work, thanks!

Josef

+1 for the Bluetooth problems with this ROM (in my case with a Ford/Sony in-car unit). I think I had a clear call at least once, but most of the time, both parties can only hear popping and cracking, and no speech at all.

No, I'm afraid that doesn't work......once you go into edit, the only options you get are for name, phone numbers and email. I think I read the whole problem is to do with a disagreement between Google and Facebook, but you can write a 'getaround' as mentioned above. I've even installed syncmypix app, but despite finding pics and linking contacts, photos still don't show in contacts.

Oh riiiight... sorry. Yeah, noticed that. I presumed it was because that could only be set on Facebook *goes off to try it* ...hmm... on mine I get the facebook avatar, plus the option to "use photo" when I click it. Pretty much like Facebook ...only the owner gets to choose their pic.

screen_20120131_2109.png

Edited by fr0do

• 4 months later...
Guest unbelll

FM radio does not work on my OSF2. Just heard a little noise in the headphones, but no sound.

flb2-r2a.zip + ouk-stock.zip

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jamesrl

Thanks for this. I installed it and all works ( not tried blu tooth yet )

Bt all garbled

Edited by jamesrl

• 2 months later...
Guest ivan90su

Very good rom :) only one problem, the sim toolkit app is missing, and i cant seem to install it...it says install complete, but it is not visible in the app drawer :\ does anyone else have this problem?

Guest AmbushReality
Very good rom :) only one problem, the sim toolkit app is missing, and i cant seem to install it...it says install complete, but it is not visible in the app drawer :\ does anyone else have this problem?
You need a sim which is compatible with it

Guest r4nd0mh3r02k

Thanks for the Vivacity Stock Kernel, could not seem to download it anywhere other than your link :) helped me to flash F'n'C Rom :D much appreciated :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Everything seems to be working fine BUT that FM radio... Is there a fix for that?

I tried to install different apps for FM radios but they are stuck at "FM radio is loading, please wait" after launching...

I have bought Spirit FM - which is supposed to work with our phones .... no luck (kept in touch with the creator of this app - couldn't solve the issue),

edit: I have observed a higher battery drain than in a "stock" rom (I am writing about the normal usage) - almost 50% of my battery capacity is gone in 4 hrs of carrying my phone in the pocket...

edit 2: Anyone have any idea / concept / hint - how to force that FM Radio working?

Edit 3 : After a research (copying/removing.moving files around) I got that FM Radio working -> Fibblesan removed one file too much from /system/bin : BCM4330B1_0243.0000_ZTE_P736V.hcd

So if anybody suffers from lack of FM Radio - just get the file from any stock rom and either push it via adb or copy using root explorer.

Edited by Aztexa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Real Nigga

Presenting... another unbranded ROM for the Blade2/Crescent/San Francisco 2/Vivacity device.

This is based upon the Vivacity P736EV1.0.0B12 ROM with the following changes:

• All T-Mobile apps removed
  • Custom themings removed and reverted to stock Gingerbread look
  • GPU compositing enabled
  • CRT effect screen off animation enabled
  • ROM fully deodexed
  • Customizations from stock apps removed
  • Google applications updated to latest versions
  • Includes new-look Android Market
  • busybox run-parts support for custom scripts like a2sd
  • APN list updated to include info for most networks
  • Quadrant over 1000 at stock speed
  • ZTE Dialer! (boo, hiss etc)
  • Possible BONUS secret ZTE bugs (yet to be discovered!)
  • Darktremor A2SD to increase app storage! (needs an ext partition on microSD card)
  • Button backlight levels tweaked

This comes as a CWM recovery zip. It will not wipe your data partition but if you are coming from a different rom then it's probably a good idea to wipe first!

Download: flb2-r2a.zip 98.9 MB

MD5 AD68CC47C31EA4D4D4393092F8AD916D

The kernel provided in the ROM is the original stock kernel provided with the Vivacity ROM. This should work for San Francisco 2 owners but if you do have any issues, download and flash the stock kernel below:

San Francisco 2 stock kernel: ouk-stock.zip

T-Mobile Vivacity stock kernel: tmo-stock.zip

(flashing the SanFran2 kernel to your Vivacity will stop the capacitive buttons working!)

Screengrabs because some people forget what stock Gingerbread looks like:

post-697226-0-85978300-1322662106_thumb.post-697226-0-78874600-1322662113_thumb.post-697226-0-85633300-1322662119_thumb.post-697226-0-43146100-1322662125_thumb.

Thanks to kallt_kaffe for the overclocking code, Sebastian404 for recovery (so people can install this), unrandomsam for sorting the unlock out and everyone else in this forum for being awesome and participating.

Disclaimer: If you use this ROM on devices you intend to sell on ebay for profit then I will be very cross with you. Don't leech from the community!

Hi,

after flashing this rom am having wi-fi issues.when i turn on my wi-fi it says Your Phone Doesn't Write Mac Address please confirm. help me about this pls.

Edited by Real Nigga

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mupet0000

Can someone explain to me how to get A2SD to work with this rom? I've partioned the SD card in CWM and installed the rom after a wipe, A2SD doesn't work using the GUI app that's pre installed. I tried in terminal and I get a message "EXT partition not mounted". What am I supposed to do?

Edit:

I repartitioned the SD card and it works now. I don't know why it didn't work in the first place, I did the exact same thing.

Edited by mupet0000