Downgrade Clockworkmod Recovery?

Guest Wacky.ddw

Guest Wacky.ddw

Hi im not sure what to do any help would be appreciated since im a noob in these things :P

I flashed CWM with this tutorial wich obviously should have installed 4.0.1.4 on the phone. But it got updated and im not sure how. A week ago i flashed CWM to a friends phone and i noticed that his menu looked blue. (instaid of the orange menu i have for as long as i can remember) So i booted my and his phone into recovery. Then i noticed his phone said CWM-based Recovery v4.0.1.4 while mine says v4.0.1.5.

When i installed Cyanogenmod (Updated 13/11) after a day it said new updates where availeble for Superuser and Rommanager.

I thought to myself: yea why not maybe the new Rommanager supports the ZTE skate so i updated both. Could it be rommanger allso installed a update of CMW?

So thats the story now my questions are:

1. How could have CWM possibly could have updated itself?

2. If v4.0.1.5 works on the skate, why arnt people using that version? Is the v4.0.1.4 version more stable. If so would it be wise to downgrade?

3. How do you upgrade/downgrade/remove your recovery partition?

4. Is rom manager better to use then CMW recovery, is there a way to make it work, like selecting the blade instaid of the skate?

Edited by Wacky.ddw

>> 4. Is rom manager better to use then CMW recovery, is there a way to make it work, like selecting the blade instaid of the skate?

Don't do this - you will get a non-working recovery partition.

Guest Wacky.ddw

Thanks guys thats what i tought it would do it just seemd more userfriendly, but still the most importent question is:

Does anyone have a idea how clockworkmod updated to 4.0.1.5 Because this isnt a official ZTE skate version is it? ZTE skate isnt even listed on the site of www.clockworkmod.com so is the only good version is the unoffcial mocado version right? wich is 4.0.1.4 and mine updated some strange way. Why would it even update to 4.0.1.5 if there is higher versions available.

Guest Wacky.ddw

Rom manager does not support skate,the blade recovery will not work.

You will be left in a position that requires you to run windows.bat to reflash pauls recovery.

If i reflash recovery, wil the old recovery be completly gone and wil i be back on 4.0.1.4?

Edited by Wacky.ddw