[ROM] : de-branded ROM for Alcatel one touch 990 [froyo]

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404

V busy with other stuff right now, but had a quick look at the dump.

it does come with the vending apk, and it seems to have a fingerprint (tho a bit of an odd looking one).

but considering the build version is 'GINGERBREAD' I'd suspect it is just a beta

Also, made a update zip and flashed it to my device just for interest.. it wont boot, it seems to be stuck in some bootloop... I suspect its like the gen1 -> gen2 update of the ZTE devices...

still interesting progress.

Guest rdrgrtz

So, bricked again?

V busy with other stuff right now, but had a quick look at the dump.

it does come with the vending apk, and it seems to have a fingerprint (tho a bit of an odd looking one).

but considering the build version is 'GINGERBREAD' I'd suspect it is just a beta

Also, made a update zip and flashed it to my device just for interest.. it wont boot, it seems to be stuck in some bootloop... I suspect its like the gen1 -> gen2 update of the ZTE devices...

still interesting progress.

Sebastian404: there are some useful things happy.gifkernel

unoftunatelly, this is the froyo's kernel, and webkit, but this is opens many ways to start making custom roms for the device.

i hope it will helps Your hard work :)

Edited by qltsar

Guest Sebastian404

no brick this time, I managed to get back into the bootloader so hopefully thats not going to happen again.

Im away from home till next weekend, but I managed to build a kernel from the source, got a number of errors tho.. I guess I'll see if it boots when I get home to my device.

• 2 weeks later...

no brick this time, I managed to get back into the bootloader so hopefully thats not going to happen again.

Im away from home till next weekend, but I managed to build a kernel from the source, got a number of errors tho.. I guess I'll see if it boots when I get home to my device.

any news about the progress Sebastian404? alcatel provided a new OTU software, v. 1.85, but it doesn't make any sense, they just updated the main upgrader program binaries.

i hope there will be a cpu clock modification, and some repartitioning modification, like kallt_kaffe made for the zte blade. i hate that custpack partition, full of symlinks and an unnecessary placeholder :(

i don't understand why don't they use the standard allocation table :(, i mean /boot, /recovery, /system, /userdata.

• 2 weeks later...

i Use the Froyo cooked ROM of this forum and very very like its 10 times better than the Froyo Telcel Rom and in the alcatel OT-990A Carbon Edition Runs great i Dont have any problem the two cams works fine the sound GPS the calls all works Fine

waiting to seeee another Great Cooked Rom build in Gingerbread with the new Official Rom

i Use the Froyo cooked ROM of this forum and very very like its 10 times better than the Froyo Telcel Rom and in the alcatel OT-990A Carbon Edition Runs great i Dont have any problem the two cams works fine the sound GPS the calls all works Fine

waiting to seeee another Great Cooked Rom build in Gingerbread with the new Official Rom

ok, but how can you modify the brightness, and the sound? it's force closes for everyone.

ok, but how can you modify the brightness, and the sound? it's force closes for everyone.

yes i can do it give me some problems with the 3D image galery but i install other and now dont give problems the original jajaja maybe for my anterior Rom ? Telcel ROM

yes i can do it give me some problems with the 3D image galery but i install other and now dont give problems the original jajaja maybe for my anterior Rom ? Telcel ROM

hm...it's intresting...i mean the settings.apk force closes for everyone who wants to change the brightness and the volume except for you...so...are you sure these thing are really works for you when you are using Sebastian404's custom ROM, or are you sure you are using Sebastian404's custom ROM? :) because there is another original ROM from O2 at here.

hm...it's intresting...i mean the settings.apk force closes for everyone who wants to change the brightness and the volume except for you...so...are you sure these thing are really works for you when you are using Sebastian404's custom ROM, or are you sure you are using Sebastian404's custom ROM? :) because there is another original ROM from O2 at here.

you was right i download the sebastian Rom XP sorry for that when i see the ROM in XDA and think was the cooked rom now i am instaling the Cooked rom and see what happens tanks for that

and can back to the O2 Rom without problems in recovery mode ? i don't gonna back to the Telcel Rom never in my life

in the cooked rom can erase Screens ?? i just want 3

Edited by -Leon-

• 2 weeks later...
Guest phil8715

All the Vendor Branding has been removed, and any modified applications have been replaced with the AOSP versions. The aim is to revert the device to as close to AOSP as possible.

The Stock rom has very little customization, but what there was had to go...

This ROM is based on the Alcatel FRG83G.v53B-0 ROM shipped the current UK device

[ROM] : de-branded ROM for Alcatel one touch 990 [froyo]

Any chance you create a rom for the OT 980 please? And would this rom work on the ot 980?