Hsupa 2mbps on the blade

Guest swukjay

Guest swukjay

I think its NV ram related not rom

Ok guys its time to start going back over a few thing so I have been digging in case we missed something. take a look at this

http://android.modaco.com/topic/337468-survey-to-make-sense-of-gen2-advantages/page__st__40__p__1697466#entry1697466

And this

http://android.modaco.com/topic/335492-amssmbn-flashing/

Its def in the non volatile area like I was saying and it could/is be radio related?, if anybody is reading this and has been getting hsupa which is any speed above 384k please post with the following:

what rom you are using:

what gen:

if you have upgraded your gen was it with the windows flasher or tpt?

what network your on:

any lines in your build.prop mention .ril

Thanks

Guest dirlan2001

Hmmm, this looks like the old discussion on the WM 6.5 for HTC's Tytn II (the Kaiser :) ) It also was advertised as fully multimedia-enhanced, 3D etc ... but never was and no one ever got it to work.

Reason : Qualcomm sells SoC, complete systems on a chip :) It just depends on what the buyer (e.g ZTE) wants to pay for it. If he doesn't like to pay (or see no need to) for any af the 'possibilities' of the SoC, he doesn't get the code to activate the feature on the chip, nor gets access to corresponding drivers... FYI msm7227 is also a quadband phone, only not in the Blade as ZTE didn't seem to see it as usefull...

:D

Edited by dirlan2001

Hmmm, this looks like the old discussion on the WM 6.5 for HTC's Tytn II (the Kaiser :) ) It also was advertised as fully multimedia-enhanced, 3D etc ... but never was and no one ever got it to work.

Reason : Qualcomm sells SoC, complete systems on a chip :) It just depends on what the buyer (e.g ZTE) wants to pay for it. If he doesn't like to pay (or see no need to) for any af the 'possibilities' of the SoC, he doesn't get the code to activate the feature on the chip, nor gets access to corresponding drivers... FYI msm7227 is also a quadband phone, only not in the Blade as ZTE didn't seem to see it as usefull...

Agreed, there must be somekind of licensing deal going on. One thing is not really clear to me is whether the decision is made on request from telecom operators like orange or the manufacturer. You say it's the manufacturer, but I strongly believe this decision might be accounted for the telecom operators.

You know why? On their contract building ZTE might've asked Orange yea we're using this msm7227 soc, it's actually a quadband but in order for us to enable it we've to pay a license fee to qualcomm, so in the end you'll have to pay for it. Orange responds in conjunction okay please turn it off our network isn't even using this 850Mhz frequency and we do not care if our customers bring their phone to countries that has 850Mhz. Also if I'm not mistaken our chinese blade cousins with msm7227 from china unicom are quadband.

Guest dirlan2001

Agreed, there must be somekind of licensing deal going on. One thing is not really clear to me is whether the decision is made on request from telecom operators like orange or the manufacturer. You say it's the manufacturer, but I strongly believe this decision might be accounted for the telecom operators.

You know why? On their contract building ZTE might've asked Orange yea we're using this msm7227 soc, it's actually a quadband but in order for us to enable it we've to pay a license fee to qualcomm, so in the end you'll have to pay for it. Orange responds in conjunction okay please turn it off our network isn't even using this 850Mhz frequency and we do not care if our customers bring their phone to countries that has 850Mhz. Also if I'm not mistaken our chinese blade cousins with msm7227 from china unicom are quadband.

The thruth will be somewhere in the middle I guess ... I have a belgian unbranded Blade, no operator or dealer or anything/one involved. Still it's a 3-band and not a 4-band phone. If someone was to look up the specs for the MSM7227 at Quallcom, it'll raise an uproar if the 'non-working' features would pop up...

Anyway, as some one else already said : case closed, it's dead...

Guest Davidoff59

surely if the blade was advertised as having a feature,when it didn't have it,then the phone was Mis sold and false advertising. it was not an error as someone said as errors can prove very expensive.

• 7 months later...
Guest swukjay

Right , I am going to revive this old thread as I have just got a skate and guess what? no hsupa ! now this phone is clearly sold as having hsupa yet the speeds are a pathetic as the blades , Anybody getting Hsupa on their skates out there as this is one thing that's really starting to put me off zte... Miss describing hardware, its like getting a car with a 1.6 then lifting the bonnet and finding a hair dryer in there ! also posted here http://www.modaco.com/topic/356209-hsupa-where-is-it/

Edited by swukjay

Guest t0mm13b

Right , I am going to revive this old thread as I have just got a skate and guess what? no hsupa ! now this phone is clearly sold as having hsupa yet the speeds are a pathetic as the blades , Anybody getting Hsupa on their skates out there as this is one thing that's really starting to put me off zte... Miss describing hardware, its like getting a car with a 1.6 then lifting the bonnet and finding a hair dryer in there ! also posted here http://www.modaco.co...pa-where-is-it/

Then why did you get the skate when there are better handsets out there, Hauwei G300, LG's Optimus L3, etc ? :P

Guest t0mm13b

Well i though it had hsupa and it was a price i couldn't refuse !

Well, basically, tough! :P

Should have researched into the innards to find out...

there's pdadb.net, gsmarena.com is another...

dig around first before settling for the handset to buy.

Assumptions is a dangerous thing to have! ;)

Forewarned is forearmed....

Guest Snap.IT

Well, basically, tough! :P

Should have researched into the innards to find out...

there's pdadb.net, gsmarena.com is another...

dig around first before settling for the handset to buy.

Assumptions is a dangerous thing to have! ;)

Forewarned is forearmed....

Either way, it's clearly false marketing and you shouldn't have to roam the net to find out if the technical specs of a phone from the reseller are correct or not.

You should be able to trust the specs they give you.

Guest t0mm13b

Either way, it's clearly false marketing and you shouldn't have to roam the net to find out if the technical specs of a phone from the reseller are correct or not.

You should be able to trust the specs they give you.

That's blind and being naive... a bit like, walk into a car sales garage, open and shut the driver's door of some car, and kick the tyres and say to the sales man, "yup I'll take it"....

don't trust what specs are handed out, do the homework first ... just saying ;)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest swukjay

@ t0mm13b well I did check and according to this it has HSUPA 5.76 you smartass http://www.gsmarena.com/zte_skate-3784.php So slating me for not doing something I clearly did do is not helpful and just goes to show that you dont know what you are on about ! What do you think I am some kind of retard that would buy a phone and not check? I mean cmon on dude...

Edited by swukjay

Guest t0mm13b

@ t0mm13b well I did check and according to this it has HSUPA 5.76 you smartass http://www.gsmarena...._skate-3784.php So slating me for not doing something I clearly did do is not helpful and just goes to show that you dont know what you are on about ! What do you think I am some kind of retard that would buy a phone and not check? I mean cmon on dude...

Then don't come in to the blade forum whining about it and resurrecting a thread going back last year - do something about it instead of moaning on in here!

Haters gonna hate!

Guest Snap.IT

That's blind and being naive... a bit like, walk into a car sales garage, open and shut the driver's door of some car, and kick the tyres and say to the sales man, "yup I'll take it"....

don't trust what specs are handed out, do the homework first ... just saying ;)

No, it's like going to the car sales garage, read the information about the car there and expect it to be correct.

I'd get a full refund and the car dealer would be warned (or fined, it's illegal) if this happened in Sweden and the same goes if i was buying a Skate that was falsely advertised as a HSUPA phone.

Roaming the internet for information on products you're going to buy because you can't expect the reseller not to lie to you should NEVER be necessary.

Guest swukjay

Then don't come in to the blade forum whining about it and resurrecting a thread going back last year - do something about it instead of moaning on in here!

Haters gonna hate!

Look pal If you wanna have a row with somebody piss off and do it somewhere else fool !, Im perfectly within my right to resurrect a thread if i want to , that's what this site is for , its called a forum ! I posted this to get some info of others who may have had a solution, and to complain at zte miss describing hardware not to have you start on me, I MEAN WHATS YOUR FEKIN PROBLEM INIT?

Edited by swukjay

Guest swukjay

No, it's like going to the car sales garage, read the information about the car there and expect it to be correct.

I'd get a full refund and the car dealer would be warned (or fined, it's illegal) if this happened in Sweden and the same goes if i was buying a Skate that was falsely advertised as a HSUPA phone.

Roaming the internet for information on products you're going to buy because you can't expect the reseller not to lie to you should NEVER be necessary.

Thanks mate glad you see where i am coming from.

Guest t0mm13b

Look pal If you wanna have a row with somebody piss off and do it somewhere else fool !, Im perfectly within my right to resurrect a thread if i want to , that's what this site is for , its called a forum ! I posted this to get some info of others who may have had a solution, and to complain at zte miss describing hardware not to have you start on me, I MEAN WHATS YOUR FEKIN PROBLEM INIT?

Then why did you not seek a refund instead?! Or write a letter of complaint to Zte.... that would be more productive than moaning/whining about lack of HSUPA - it still bloody works innit?

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest hecatae

I agree if it's being misadvertised you have every right to complain.

If you are in the UK may I suggest logging a complaint with ASA, the advertising standards authority.

As for modaco having incorrect information I will get that corrected now, and unfortunately as we do not sell the product and get our information from network operators and manufacturers I apologise for incorrect information provided to modaco and then published on modaco.

Guest swukjay

I agree if it's being misadvertised you have every right to complain.

If you are in the UK may I suggest logging a complaint with ASA, the advertising standards authority.

As for modaco having incorrect information I will get that corrected now, and unfortunately as we do not sell the product and get our information from network operators and manufacturers I apologise for incorrect information provided to modaco and then published on modaco.

Hey no problem my friend , its not modacos fault at all in the slightest, and im not sure I can complain as I got it cheap im just annoyed with ZTE. I was hoping to find out I was alone in this speed test and it was a hardware fault but clearly the phone chipset has been crippled and is not what zte claim. on this topic here http://www.modaco.co...pa-where-is-it/ which i have also tried to get some info and to confirm my suspicions i put this in reply to a kind user who has posted his speedtest results which confirm the device is crippled

"Thanks for that mate, that's pretty much what I am getting, All the sites claim HSUPA even a post by Paul http://www.modaco.co...999-today-only/ means he thought the phone has it so paul must have though this to be true as he wouldn't have posted that without being pretty sure it did. its a bit of a downer as i thought this would be a cheap upgrade with a bit faster speed for my tethering, its still a good phone but ZTE have got a habit of crippling hardware but using uncrippled specs, they claimed the blade had HSUPA when it didnt and now the skate, I think In future I will take any specs zte give with a bucket of salt ! GT540 has faster upload than the skate.

The point I am trying to make is we all love our phones (obviously) and we rely on the manufacturers to give accurate specs on the handsets we purchase, its what may be a deal maker or breaker to somebody who knows their phones and what's best bang for buck, if we cannot rely on them to do this we end up with this situation, it should be zte answering the question as to why at least 2 of their handsets (that we know of) have wrong specs and is this going to be a regular occurrence ?

Edited by swukjay