• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

swukjay

swukjay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

point me to a single screenshot of a reliable speedtest app showing HSUPA speed on the blade. There are none. It's not just disabled by Orange UK, there is no HSUPA on any blade in the world as far as we can tell, and we have firmware from all around the world from the gen2 updates which we have all tried. I wish you luck if you have any ideas, but I don't hold much hope.

Im talking about chip programming, thats what needs to be altered, no rom will make any difference as that is only software its the bios of the chip itself that needs to be altered or setting changed like when you flash a bios. i think orange have dumbed down hsupa coz the network is maxed out.

swukjay

swukjay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

I have ZTE Blade with 256Mb of RAM from Belarussian operator Velcom.
My average speedtest results is 5024kbps Download and 1878kbps Upload.

Do you know of anyone else with a blade from the same network who is having similar results?

hedgepigdaniel

hedgepigdaniel

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus, ZTE Blade (OLED)

Yes but those are only roms and drivers im talking about what you might refer to as the phones bios, like what programmes it from factory using jtag or similar when it comes of the production line.

We didn't jsut experiment with ROMs, we tried flashing low level firmware (ir radio firmware) from all around the world. (BurgerZ, is your carrier listed here: http://android.modac...mware-packages/?) and with changing items in the NV memory related to HSUPA, and we never had any success. I don't understand how the radios work in detail so im just makng up a list of stuff, but my point was it could be more complicated, ie there might be more chips involved than one.

Shonk

Shonk

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
I think its NV ram related

swukjay

swukjay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

I think its NV ram related

Aha now we are getting somewhere lol good point bud, I think its nv related as well and I think you definately looking in the right direction.

swukjay

swukjay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

I think its NV ram related not rom

Ok guys its time to start going back over a few thing so I have been digging in case we missed something. take a look at this

http://android.modac...66#entry1697466

And this

http://android.modac...ssmbn-flashing/

Its def in the non volatile area like I was saying and it could/is be radio related?, if anybody is reading this and has been getting hsupa which is any speed above 384k please post with the following:
what rom you are using:
what gen:
if you have upgraded your gen was it with the windows flasher or tpt?
what network your on:
any lines in your build.prop mention .ril

Thanks

ThermalDroid

ThermalDroid

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Law and hacking, good mix;)
  • Devices:San Fran 2.3.4
I get ~880k/s on occasion but that might just be false readings on apps.

Current phones:

San Francisco Pretty much dead.
Atrix my beautiful atrix!
HTC Desire don't like it, it's sitting in a draw.

dirlan2001

dirlan2001

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Devices:Blade+Tab+OT918D
Hmmm, this looks like the old discussion on the WM 6.5 for HTC's Tytn II (the Kaiser :) ) It also was advertised as fully multimedia-enhanced, 3D etc ... but never was and no one ever got it to work.

Reason : Qualcomm sells SoC, complete systems on a chip :) It just depends on what the buyer (e.g ZTE) wants to pay for it. If he doesn't like to pay (or see no need to) for any af the 'possibilities' of the SoC, he doesn't get the code to activate the feature on the chip, nor gets access to corresponding drivers... FYI msm7227 is also a quadband phone, only not in the Blade as ZTE didn't seem to see it as usefull...

:D

Edited by dirlan2001, 05 December 2011 - 12:08 PM.

Alcatel OT918D Blaze (dual SIM)

Samsung Galaxy Tab (the original)

ZTE San Francisco Moldovan MHMP r6 + Solidchips Bootanimation

iPAQ
614c - WM 6.5_5.2.21501 AKU 5.0.70 WWE with minor tweaks (radio gone)

iPAQ hx4700 - WM 6.1_5.2.20764 AKU 1.1.1 WWE (layed to rest)

Snaku

Snaku

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Hmmm, this looks like the old discussion on the WM 6.5 for HTC's Tytn II (the Kaiser :) ) It also was advertised as fully multimedia-enhanced, 3D etc ... but never was and no one ever got it to work.

Reason : Qualcomm sells SoC, complete systems on a chip :) It just depends on what the buyer (e.g ZTE) wants to pay for it. If he doesn't like to pay (or see no need to) for any af the 'possibilities' of the SoC, he doesn't get the code to activate the feature on the chip, nor gets access to corresponding drivers... FYI msm7227 is also a quadband phone, only not in the Blade as ZTE didn't seem to see it as usefull...

Agreed, there must be somekind of licensing deal going on. One thing is not really clear to me is whether the decision is made on request from telecom operators like orange or the manufacturer. You say it's the manufacturer, but I strongly believe this decision might be accounted for the telecom operators.

You know why? On their contract building ZTE might've asked Orange yea we're using this msm7227 soc, it's actually a quadband but in order for us to enable it we've to pay a license fee to qualcomm, so in the end you'll have to pay for it. Orange responds in conjunction okay please turn it off our network isn't even using this 850Mhz frequency and we do not care if our customers bring their phone to countries that has 850Mhz. Also if I'm not mistaken our chinese blade cousins with msm7227 from china unicom are quadband.

shmizan

shmizan

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
either way, this is dead. we can do nothing about it...

Orange San Francisco, Upgraded to Gen 2 with TPT Helper (custom partition layout: 150-sys, 302-data, 4-cache)
CyanogenMod 10

dirlan2001

dirlan2001

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Devices:Blade+Tab+OT918D

Agreed, there must be somekind of licensing deal going on. One thing is not really clear to me is whether the decision is made on request from telecom operators like orange or the manufacturer. You say it's the manufacturer, but I strongly believe this decision might be accounted for the telecom operators.

You know why? On their contract building ZTE might've asked Orange yea we're using this msm7227 soc, it's actually a quadband but in order for us to enable it we've to pay a license fee to qualcomm, so in the end you'll have to pay for it. Orange responds in conjunction okay please turn it off our network isn't even using this 850Mhz frequency and we do not care if our customers bring their phone to countries that has 850Mhz. Also if I'm not mistaken our chinese blade cousins with msm7227 from china unicom are quadband.

The thruth will be somewhere in the middle I guess ... I have a belgian unbranded Blade, no operator or dealer or anything/one involved. Still it's a 3-band and not a 4-band phone. If someone was to look up the specs for the MSM7227 at Quallcom, it'll raise an uproar if the 'non-working' features would pop up...
Anyway, as some one else already said : case closed, it's dead...

Alcatel OT918D Blaze (dual SIM)

Samsung Galaxy Tab (the original)

ZTE San Francisco Moldovan MHMP r6 + Solidchips Bootanimation

iPAQ
614c - WM 6.5_5.2.21501 AKU 5.0.70 WWE with minor tweaks (radio gone)

iPAQ hx4700 - WM 6.1_5.2.20764 AKU 1.1.1 WWE (layed to rest)

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
surely if the blade was advertised as having a feature,when it didn't have it,then the phone was Mis sold and false advertising. it was not an error as someone said as errors can prove very expensive.

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts
  • Devices:Moto E
http://media.netcomm...-Spec-Sheet.pdf

the above links to msm7227 product with hsupa

and both se w8 and x8 have same msm7227 cpu, so lets find their speed tests and see

swukjay

swukjay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
Right , I am going to revive this old thread as I have just got a skate and guess what? no hsupa ! now this phone is clearly sold as having hsupa yet the speeds are a pathetic as the blades , Anybody getting Hsupa on their skates out there as this is one thing that's really starting to put me off zte... Miss describing hardware, its like getting a car with a 1.6 then lifting the bonnet and finding a hair dryer in there ! also posted here http://www.modaco.co...pa-where-is-it/

Edited by swukjay, 28 July 2012 - 01:52 PM.

t0mm13b

t0mm13b

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts
  • Devices:GT-S8500,Zte Blade,SE ST15i
  • Twitter:@t0mm13b

Right , I am going to revive this old thread as I have just got a skate and guess what? no hsupa ! now this phone is clearly sold as having hsupa yet the speeds are a pathetic as the blades , Anybody getting Hsupa on their skates out there as this is one thing that's really starting to put me off zte... Miss describing hardware, its like getting a car with a 1.6 then lifting the bonnet and finding a hair dryer in there ! also posted here http://www.modaco.co...pa-where-is-it/

Then why did you get the skate when there are better handsets out there, Hauwei G300, LG's Optimus L3, etc ? :P

try{ not_laugh; }catch{ FAIL; }finally{ laugh; }

swukjay

swukjay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
Well i though it had hsupa and it was a price i couldn't refuse !

t0mm13b

t0mm13b

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Well i though it had hsupa and it was a price i couldn't refuse !

Well, basically, tough! :P

Should have researched into the innards to find out...

there's pdadb.net, gsmarena.com is another...

dig around first before settling for the handset to buy.

Assumptions is a dangerous thing to have! ;)

Forewarned is forearmed....

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3, Alcatel OT995

Well, basically, tough! :P

Should have researched into the innards to find out...

there's pdadb.net, gsmarena.com is another...

dig around first before settling for the handset to buy.

Assumptions is a dangerous thing to have! ;)

Forewarned is forearmed....

Either way, it's clearly false marketing and you shouldn't have to roam the net to find out if the technical specs of a phone from the reseller are correct or not.

You should be able to trust the specs they give you.

t0mm13b

t0mm13b

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Either way, it's clearly false marketing and you shouldn't have to roam the net to find out if the technical specs of a phone from the reseller are correct or not.

You should be able to trust the specs they give you.

That's blind and being naive... a bit like, walk into a car sales garage, open and shut the driver's door of some car, and kick the tyres and say to the sales man, "yup I'll take it"....

don't trust what specs are handed out, do the homework first ... just saying ;)

Edited by t0mm13b, 28 July 2012 - 08:14 PM.

swukjay

swukjay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
@ t0mm13b well I did check and according to this it has HSUPA 5.76 you smartass http://www.gsmarena...._skate-3784.php So slating me for not doing something I clearly did do is not helpful and just goes to show that you dont know what you are on about ! What do you think I am some kind of retard that would buy a phone and not check? I mean cmon on dude...

Edited by swukjay, 28 July 2012 - 08:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users