• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

swukjay

swukjay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
And here too http://pdadb.net/ind...134&c=zte_skate and every other site nearly I found all claimed the same HSUPA is on this phone !

swukjay

swukjay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
And here http://www.modaco.co...999-today-only/ even paul obrien the founder of this site says this phone has HSUPA so what am i supposed to think ... ummm maybe that it has Hsupa i suppose would be logical !

Edited by swukjay, 28 July 2012 - 08:47 PM.

t0mm13b

t0mm13b

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts
  • Devices:GT-S8500,Zte Blade,SE ST15i
  • Twitter:@t0mm13b

@ t0mm13b well I did check and according to this it has HSUPA 5.76 you smartass http://www.gsmarena...._skate-3784.php So slating me for not doing something I clearly did do is not helpful and just goes to show that you dont know what you are on about ! What do you think I am some kind of retard that would buy a phone and not check? I mean cmon on dude...

Then don't come in to the blade forum whining about it and resurrecting a thread going back last year - do something about it instead of moaning on in here!

Haters gonna hate!

try{ not_laugh; }catch{ FAIL; }finally{ laugh; }

Snap.IT

Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3, Alcatel OT995

That's blind and being naive... a bit like, walk into a car sales garage, open and shut the driver's door of some car, and kick the tyres and say to the sales man, "yup I'll take it"....

don't trust what specs are handed out, do the homework first ... just saying ;)

No, it's like going to the car sales garage, read the information about the car there and expect it to be correct.

I'd get a full refund and the car dealer would be warned (or fined, it's illegal) if this happened in Sweden and the same goes if i was buying a Skate that was falsely advertised as a HSUPA phone.

Roaming the internet for information on products you're going to buy because you can't expect the reseller not to lie to you should NEVER be necessary.

swukjay

swukjay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Then don't come in to the blade forum whining about it and resurrecting a thread going back last year - do something about it instead of moaning on in here!

Haters gonna hate!

Look pal If you wanna have a row with somebody piss off and do it somewhere else fool !, Im perfectly within my right to resurrect a thread if i want to , that's what this site is for , its called a forum ! I posted this to get some info of others who may have had a solution, and to complain at zte miss describing hardware not to have you start on me, I MEAN WHATS YOUR FEKIN PROBLEM INIT?

Edited by swukjay, 28 July 2012 - 08:58 PM.

swukjay

swukjay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

No, it's like going to the car sales garage, read the information about the car there and expect it to be correct.

I'd get a full refund and the car dealer would be warned (or fined, it's illegal) if this happened in Sweden and the same goes if i was buying a Skate that was falsely advertised as a HSUPA phone.

Roaming the internet for information on products you're going to buy because you can't expect the reseller not to lie to you should NEVER be necessary.

Thanks mate glad you see where i am coming from.

t0mm13b

t0mm13b

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts
  • Devices:GT-S8500,Zte Blade,SE ST15i
  • Twitter:@t0mm13b

Look pal If you wanna have a row with somebody piss off and do it somewhere else fool !, Im perfectly within my right to resurrect a thread if i want to , that's what this site is for , its called a forum ! I posted this to get some info of others who may have had a solution, and to complain at zte miss describing hardware not to have you start on me, I MEAN WHATS YOUR FEKIN PROBLEM INIT?

Then why did you not seek a refund instead?! Or write a letter of complaint to Zte.... that would be more productive than moaning/whining about lack of HSUPA - it still bloody works innit?

Edited by t0mm13b, 28 July 2012 - 09:08 PM.

try{ not_laugh; }catch{ FAIL; }finally{ laugh; }

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i9305
  • Twitter:@meritez
I agree if it's being misadvertised you have every right to complain.

If you are in the UK may I suggest logging a complaint with ASA, the advertising standards authority.

As for modaco having incorrect information I will get that corrected now, and unfortunately as we do not sell the product and get our information from network operators and manufacturers I apologise for incorrect information provided to modaco and then published on modaco.

swukjay

swukjay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

I agree if it's being misadvertised you have every right to complain.

If you are in the UK may I suggest logging a complaint with ASA, the advertising standards authority.

As for modaco having incorrect information I will get that corrected now, and unfortunately as we do not sell the product and get our information from network operators and manufacturers I apologise for incorrect information provided to modaco and then published on modaco.

Hey no problem my friend , its not modacos fault at all in the slightest, and im not sure I can complain as I got it cheap im just annoyed with ZTE. I was hoping to find out I was alone in this speed test and it was a hardware fault but clearly the phone chipset has been crippled and is not what zte claim. on this topic here http://www.modaco.co...pa-where-is-it/ which i have also tried to get some info and to confirm my suspicions i put this in reply to a kind user who has posted his speedtest results which confirm the device is crippled
"Thanks for that mate, that's pretty much what I am getting, All the sites claim HSUPA even a post by Paul http://www.modaco.co...999-today-only/ means he thought the phone has it so paul must have though this to be true as he wouldn't have posted that without being pretty sure it did. its a bit of a downer as i thought this would be a cheap upgrade with a bit faster speed for my tethering, its still a good phone but ZTE have got a habit of crippling hardware but using uncrippled specs, they claimed the blade had HSUPA when it didnt and now the skate, I think In future I will take any specs zte give with a bucket of salt ! GT540 has faster upload than the skate.
The point I am trying to make is we all love our phones (obviously) and we rely on the manufacturers to give accurate specs on the handsets we purchase, its what may be a deal maker or breaker to somebody who knows their phones and what's best bang for buck, if we cannot rely on them to do this we end up with this situation, it should be zte answering the question as to why at least 2 of their handsets (that we know of) have wrong specs and is this going to be a regular occurrence ?

Edited by swukjay, 28 July 2012 - 09:43 PM.

swukjay

swukjay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
Also is the 960 crippled? Has anybody got one to test? its too claims to have HSUPA ...Anybody wanna place a bet?

swukjay

swukjay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Then why did you not seek a refund instead?! Or write a letter of complaint to Zte.... that would be more productive than moaning/whining about lack of HSUPA - it still bloody works innit?

Yes it work but a claim of 5.76 HSUPA and then to find it has none is a bit of a drop, its like buying a phone with a claim of 1.2 Ghz cpu then finding out it clocks at 300 Mhz, I would have assumed that a modder would have been a little more concerned with specifications seeing as that's what modding and modding capabilities of hardware are decided on..... THE SPECIFICATIONS !

swukjay

swukjay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
I mean like zte are really going to listen to me aren't they lol , they might answer modaco officially but not me! I just want to raise up how important specs are ,I mean what is the point of learning all that about phones, hardware etc if when you use it to buy something you find out the specs are wrong, Its blatant lying, zte must have seen what specs were being given out and they did nothing... TWICE !

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts
Msm7227 and msm7227t never supported HSUPA with any manufacturer. I had a LG service manual that explained in great detail that it's not capable of HSUPA. I'll check my msm7225a and post the speedtest

swukjay

swukjay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Msm7227 and msm7227t never supported HSUPA with any manufacturer. I had a LG service manual that explained in great detail that it's not capable of HSUPA. I'll check my msm7225a and post the speedtest

What about the Gt540 ? same chipset and that has HSUPA confirmed .

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts

What about the Gt540 ? same chipset and that has HSUPA confirmed .

Gt540 is an oddity, it never was capable of HSUPA when I owned one.

swukjay

swukjay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Gt540 is an oddity, it never was capable of HSUPA when I owned one.

Most information and post I come across confirm that the GT540 does support HSUPA with a uplink of around 1.2 Mbps on speedtest. This Is what's so baffling about the whole thing and confirms that A: zte have crippled these devices and B: that's why the specs don't match the phone. Its a real shame because the phone itsself is a nice looking phone , easy to flash overclocks nice , it just would have been nice to see HSUPA as thats what I was Expecting. I may well decide to change again but the G300 has the same chipset, does this have confirmed HSUPA ? see here http://www.gsmarena....d_g300-4594.php and that to claims HSUPA in its description.

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts
G300 is armv7, skate and blade are armv6. You also have to check if the network operator has enabled HSUPA on your sim card.

Ask the g300 forum for speed tests, generally anything above 388kbs suggests HSUPA.

My LG Optimus L3 is currently reporting an operator speed cap of 360kbs on upload.

swukjay

swukjay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

G300 is armv7, skate and blade are armv6. You also have to check if the network operator has enabled HSUPA on your sim card.

Ask the g300 forum for speed tests, generally anything above 388kbs suggests HSUPA.

My LG Optimus L3 is currently reporting an operator speed cap of 360kbs on upload.

Yes but the chipset is independent of the processor , the fact the CPU is different architecture Will have no bearing on the chipset architecture or the chipset speed.

swukjay

swukjay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
G300, Blade, Skate, And GT540 all have same chipset msn7227 and adreno200 which all claim HSUPA.

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts

G300, Blade, Skate, And GT540 all have same chipset msn7227 and adreno200 which all claim HSUPA.

Correct so the real issue is amss.mbn and ril used.

There was some hex editing ages ago to enable 1900mhz network band, but heard it disabled 3g.

If I had more money than sense and was willing to risk it, I would pull a Gt540 official rom apart, put the amss in a skate or blade tpt and add the ril the LG Gt540 uses. It should work but I have always been afraid of bricking the device.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users