• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

danmanbad

danmanbad

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:nlp, pua (ross jeffries, the mystry methard) google it ;)
  • Devices:zte blade, s3 lte
am i not mistaken that if something in the uk is sold as one thing but in reality its not is that not faulse advertising and can we not demand a refund for being miss sold an item just my 2 pence if im wrong i will stand corrected

Be happy Be good

swukjay

swukjay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Correct so the real issue is amss.mbn and ril used.

There was some hex editing ages ago to enable 1900mhz network band, but heard it disabled 3g.

If I had more money than sense and was willing to risk it, I would pull a Gt540 official rom apart, put the amss in a skate or blade tpt and add the ril the LG Gt540 uses. It should work but I have always been afraid of bricking the device.

Yes its funny you should mention that as I read somewhere on the forums that we only had hex and no source code for the chipset which meant looking and guessing which is pretty much impossible task, now if we had the source code theoretically we could then get it working and everyone with a skate or a blade would have HSUPA. This would be really amazing to achieve and would benefit everybody !

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts
  • Devices:Moto E
Yes is the chipset amss proprietary? Guess only qualcomm can confirm

swukjay

swukjay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Correct so the real issue is amss.mbn and ril used.

There was some hex editing ages ago to enable 1900mhz network band, but heard it disabled 3g.

If I had more money than sense and was willing to risk it, I would pull a Gt540 official rom apart, put the amss in a skate or blade tpt and add the ril the LG Gt540 uses. It should work but I have always been afraid of bricking the device.

Its a shame we couldnt make a hardware emulator program to test real ril and amss.mbn without risk of bricking a phone! that would be real cool , just select all your hardware from a menu, then select you rom and load it into the program! job done no risk !

Edited by swukjay, 28 July 2012 - 11:16 PM.

swukjay

swukjay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

am i not mistaken that if something in the uk is sold as one thing but in reality its not is that not faulse advertising and can we not demand a refund for being miss sold an item just my 2 pence if im wrong i will stand corrected

Yes That is true mate but it would be nicer if zte released the chipset source code lol !

swukjay

swukjay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Yes is the chipset amss proprietary? Guess only qualcomm can confirm

I expect so, might Look into this further and see if I can Get A reply out of them as to what they have crippled the chipset. I do think ZTE have some questions to answer about this though as that's a lot of wrong specs if you take into account all the blades and skates that have been sold.HSUPA for me was one of the reasons the phone appealed to me.

swukjay

swukjay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
I have raised this issue here http://www.modaco.co...c/356220-hsupa/ in the G300 forum to see if they can confirm they have HSUPA on that phone, if they do then we can look a bit deeper into this a we will then know for sure its not the chipset hardware itself but something in either ril or amss.mbn. didn't I read somewhere that HSUPA is written in logcat? might be a idea to check but im not sure that could be relied on and we need to see the results of more test on the same chipsets with different manufacturers first.

swukjay

swukjay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
Tillaz has posted some intersting information here stating that hsupa was crippled on the G300 but the latest ICS update has enabled it ! http://www.modaco.co...c/356220-hsupa/

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
An ics leak from China b926 enables it then b927 disabled it again. 2mb upload, 10mb download here on WiFi. would testing need conforming on 3g also ?

swukjay

swukjay

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

An ics leak from China b926 enables it then b927 disabled it again. 2mb upload, 10mb download here on WiFi. would testing need conforming on 3g also ?

No that confirms it for sure, that is pretty interesting and is one hell of a difference in speed, ideal for uploading to youtube and streaming, a real big improvment and proves they do cripple the hardware via baseband!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users