Can no longer get into CWM Recovery without using computer

Guest fudgeboy

Guest fudgeboy

I used to be able to get my Desire into ClockworkMod Recovery just by loading Rom Manager and asking it to reboot into recovery mode.

But now, I just get the image of a phone with the red warning triangle. If then connect up and type 'adb shell', I get

- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -

That looks bad to me...

When I then boot up normally and connect with adb, I can see that /system/bin/sh certainly is present, and executable. And since I can't get to a shell while it's in the warning triangle state, it's hard to tell why it isn't present at that point.

Anyone else had this?

James

Guest BashyUK

rather than launch via ROM Man how about loading the relevant CWM .img file via fastboot?

I used to be able to get my Desire into ClockworkMod Recovery just by loading Rom Manager and asking it to reboot into recovery mode.

But now, I just get the image of a phone with the red warning triangle. If then connect up and type 'adb shell', I get

- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -

That looks bad to me...

When I then boot up normally and connect with adb, I can see that /system/bin/sh certainly is present, and executable. And since I can't get to a shell while it's in the warning triangle state, it's hard to tell why it isn't present at that point.

Anyone else had this?

James