UPnPlay NAS streaming

Guest Get_Carter

Guest Get_Carter

I’m struggling to get the Vega (3.2_9n) to play avi files streamed from my Synology NAS box. The files work fine if stored on SD card.

I have installed UPnPlay, BubbleUpnP etc and various media players i.e. VPlayer, they just do not seem to want to play the media. Music works fine across network as do photos?

Have I missed a trick here?

Guest Get_Carter

What you need to install is skifta, from the market, works a treat!

Hey,

Very nice app, but still doesn't play anything?

Might try another ROM maybe Corvus?

Edited by Get_Carter

Must admit I've only ever used it on a MoDaCo ROM, not yet tested on any Honeycomb based roms, will try later. You sometimes need another player app AS WELL as Skifta, to handle particular codecs

Must admit I've only ever used it on a MoDaCo ROM, not yet tested on any Honeycomb based roms, will try later. You sometimes need another player app AS WELL as Skifta, to handle particular codecs

Just tested on my Vega using Viewcomb3.2 ROM (which is a slightly modified VegaComb afaict) and streaming an h264 mp4 from a UpnP server built into my Asus router works a treat - it streams via Skifta, and plays uing Vplayer.

I use UPNPlay and MoboPlayer, works a treat ;)

newbe5

Better to use MX Video Player these days due to Multi Core Decoding?

I stream live TV over UPnP to my tablet with ease with MX Video Player and UPnPlay

Edited by remlap