Galaxy Nexus - low volume

Guest mike_m

Hi all,

Anyone else notice that the audio volume for the Nexus is extremely low. I am comparing with a Gaxlay SII which is very good volume-wise. I've seen mention on XDA of an app called 'Volume+ FREE'. I have given thois a go but without any significant change.

Paul, is this something that can be fixed in the ROM. Are Samsung applying a max volume ceiling to protect our ears if using headphones.

Anyone have any ideas om how to increase the volume, otherwise it is going back :(

Mike

Hi all,

Anyone else notice that the audio volume for the Nexus is extremely low. I am comparing with a Gaxlay SII which is very good volume-wise. I've seen mention on XDA of an app called 'Volume+ FREE'. I have given thois a go but without any significant change.

Paul, is this something that can be fixed in the ROM. Are Samsung applying a max volume ceiling to protect our ears if using headphones.

Anyone have any ideas om how to increase the volume, otherwise it is going back :(

Mike

I too am having the same issues with Volume. But for me its just perfect in respect to lowness. There are a few apps out there that control the max volume the aim is to get the dB higher than it is. I'm pretty sure the master in disguise (Paul) will be able to change it by default to match the SGSII.

Maybe it's Googles doing?