46 replies to this topic

admanirv

admanirv

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S3
Thought I'd create a thread on a wishlist for a TMV/OSF2 rom.

1. Quick settings in pull down/notifications window e.g wifi, bluetooth etc etc.
2. Support 480p recording in camcorder.
3. Improve camera.
4. Overclockable CPU/kernel
5. Optimise storage
6. Various speed optimisations.

Any other 'resonable' ideas anyone?

p.s Seb and flibble, I am a software engineer but moved to industrial computer/control systems a long time ago. I have experience of j2me (wrote several apps) and would be willing to help, it also helps me get back into things. I lack current knowledge and would be rusty but would be more than happy to spend a few hours a week helping with things?.

Cheers

Edited by admanirv, 04 December 2011 - 10:41 PM.

wazy

wazy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Circle battery mod? or is this a simple to do add on these days?

Bouncer5

Bouncer5

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Interests:Android oh course!
  • Devices:GS2
  • Twitter:@zumodoki
Why would anyone want the pull down notification settings? I avoided all Samsung devices due to it, Cyanogen started it and I turn it off, and now HTC decided to add it, I can see its handy, But HTC do the best implementations of it I believe.

I read somewhere that the chipset supports 720p, Probally read that out of context but im happy too get your hopes up :D

Device is already overclockable

Storage is a pain in the arse, But I think we can can fill the missing storage with used apps like maps and facebook? google+ then your out of free space in the system partition!

Posted Image

Russ_uk

Russ_uk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300 & ZTE Crescent
An improved (TMV) keyboard might be a good idea from the few reviews I've seen written.

I've heard that the TMV screen is more laggy than the SFII ? Can anyone confirm/deny this ?

I too have got a certain amount of programming experience (learnt some Java etc at uni as part of my degree) so when i get my TMV/OSF2 - should be in the next 10 days - I'll gladly help out on the development of a custom ROM, I'm sure between us all we can come up with something quite special :)

Edited by Russ_uk, 29 December 2011 - 05:44 PM.

"Water which is too pure has no fish" - Ts'ai Ken T'an

snowbord

snowbord

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
I'd say the list is ideal. Repartitioning the internal storage is a priority, quick settings CM7 style - yes, love this. Improve camera and overclocking - absolutely agree. Circle battery mod would be a great much appreciated bonus!
Optimising internal storage should be top of the list at this time.  Not sure if something can be done with this at this time;

http://android.modac...-windows-only/ 

Edited by snowbord, 04 December 2011 - 11:44 PM.

Bouncer5

Bouncer5

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
In terms of the screens being different, I believe they are the same screens as the Blade which are made by two different companys, One of which is only 45FPS with the other is the standard 60 FPS

Posted Image

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,637 posts

In terms of the screens being different, I believe they are the same screens as the Blade which are made by two different companys, One of which is only 45FPS with the other is the standard 60 FPS

Same screen specs, different manufacturers. The issue is the vivacity using the inferior slow atmel touch controller :(. The sanfran2 uses synaptics which is faster.

A custom kernel may improve things but we need the correct code first.

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,637 posts

1. Quick settings in pull down/notifications window e.g wifi, bluetooth etc etc.
3. Improve camera.
5. Optimise storage

1) - Could be done but we'll have CM7 soon which has that in
2) - Job for CM7. Would need kernel tweaks and some adjustments to the camera libs
3) as above
4) - we need the correct kernel code from ZTE
5) - could do with a repartition method
6) - Working on some

Interesting fact. The 5MP camera chip supports 720P video recording. Of course it probably needs a better CPU to keep up, but we should be able to get 480P easily.

Russ_uk

Russ_uk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Interesting, think I'll start a new thread to see if i can get a few answers to some small differences between the TMV & SFII that are starting to appear.

Russ_uk

Russ_uk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Same screen specs, different manufacturers. The issue is the vivacity using the inferior slow atmel touch controller :(. The sanfran2 uses synaptics which is faster.

A custom kernel may improve things but we need the correct code first.

That's looks like the issue indeed! thanks for the info :)

Any idea if these display colours are correct:

TMV = 16million
SFII = 262k ?

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,637 posts

TMV = 16million
SFII = 262k ?

The Vivacity is definitely not 16m colours. it has colour banding so it's most likely the same as the sanfran2, 262k

Russ_uk

Russ_uk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

The Vivacity is definitely not 16m colours. it has colour banding so it's most likely the same as the sanfran2, 262k

I thought as much. Being such new devices there so little concrete information out there.

Many thanks!! :)

Edited by Russ_uk, 05 December 2011 - 12:47 AM.

Bouncer5

Bouncer5

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

I'd say the list is ideal. Repartitioning the internal storage is a priority, quick settings CM7 style - yes, love this. Improve camera and overclocking - absolutely agree. Circle battery mod would be a great much appreciated bonus!
Optimising internal storage should be top of the list at this time. Not sure if something can be done with this at this time;

http://android.modac...-windows-only/

There was a tool called CustomMTD that may be of use to us, What you linked to seems better, Talk to Flibbensan he works wonders with these devices.

Posted Image

admanirv

admanirv

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
Good stuff guys, is cm7 in development for out phones?

It seems I have a synaptic touchscreen controller not amtel.

h4gster

h4gster

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

3. Improve camera.
5. Optimise storage

Any other 'resonable' ideas anyone?

p.s Seb and flibble, I am a software engineer but moved to industrial computer/control systems a long time ago. I have experience of j2me (wrote several apps) and would be willing to help, it also helps me get back into things. I lack current knowledge and would be rusty but would be more than happy to spend a few hours a week helping with things?.

Cheers

Optimise storage is the priority for me.

admanirv

admanirv

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
I gu

admanirv

admanirv

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
I guess we can't do much yet until we get the kernel code?

Also were do we start regarding sdks for creating mods.

snowbord

snowbord

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Edited by snowbord, 05 December 2011 - 10:10 AM.

sjoyce666

sjoyce666

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
I'd like the ability to use the camera flash as a torchlight as per the HTC devices and my thread here http://android.modac...flash-as-torch/

Snaku

Snaku

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

TMV = 16million
SFII = 262k ?

I've been doing some research on the internal components for the ZTE Blade/OSF, since I suspect the hardware of TMV or OSF2 is very similar to the former, I think I can share my findings though I don't have a TMV or OSF2. Via ZTE emodehelper I found out that my Blade is using a Truly LCD module + IC driver HX8369. I've seen very detailed spec documents for this Truly LCD module, but I think I'm not allowed to link those docs here. Apparently this module is capable to show 16.7M color (24bit color depth) but I'm not confident of my own eyes to distinguish 262K (18 bit color depth) from 16.7M (24 bit) color images, 16 bit color depth images I can say for 100% that they are 16 bit.
Okay that being said, Android is handling lots of things very strange, look at this link http://www.curious-c...-and-dithering/ According to this link Gingerbread is rendering things in 32 bit color, while Froyo was limited to 16 bit, you can even download an app to do some testing on your own.

Android is using lots of 16 bit color rendering, where you can see bandings clearly:

- in CM7 or any launcher that enables 16 bit transition effect -> widgets with dark background you can see bandings, very apparent when you slide between homescreens slowly.
- stock gallery is rendering photos in 16 bit (download this image to your phone http://www.lagom.nl/.../gradient-h.png , picture is 32 bit color depth gradient looks smooth on my PC, in phone browser also looks smooth but not in stock gallery -> conclusion stock gallery is definitely using 16 bit rendering.
- When you set a wallpaper from stock gallery, which render every image in 16 bit color, this new set wallpaper inherit the 16 bit color. If you don't want to see wallpaper with ugly bandings set your wallpaper with this app https://market.andro...papersetandsave
- in phone browser when you scroll up or down in a big image, you can see the image lowers to 16 bit, results in bandings.

I know using 16 bit improves performance/speed, just want to point out things, most of these things might actually already be fixed with h/w accelerated ICS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users