Video Tutorial - how to install Android in Internal memory using Ubuntu

Guest aafi-rocks

Guest aafi-rocks

Hi All, I have prepared a small video on how to install Android in Internal memory (My Storage) using Ubuntu.

For this tutorials I have used the latest CynogenMod Beta 1

Using this method you can install other version of Android also on Internal memory.

I have use the method shown on below post.

http://www.modaco.co...ost__p__1829477

Edited by aafi-rocks

Guest aafi-rocks

thanks for the guide, but i have a problem:

post-608080-0-00360500-1323177484_thumb.

I am not near my computer, so could not check, but I guess you may click on 'Save anyway' and then reopen the file to check if the changes were successfully saved.

Guest Speedfrog

I am not near my computer, so could not check, but I guess you may click on 'Save anyway' and then reopen the file to check if the changes were successfully saved.

i did but got the same message

Guest aafi-rocks

i did but got the same message

This may be an issue with permission.

have you unchecked the option Take ownership of filesystem while creating the Ext4 partition. ?

<div>Also check if you can open the file with another editor</div>

Edited by aafi-rocks

Guest aafi-rocks

Now im stuck at "Androind on Omnia II loading..." it have been like that for 30min

It should not take that long, if its there for 30mins that means it is not able to recognize the Ext4 partition.

Reboot to WinMo and connect your device back to Ubuntu> Open Disk utility and then verify the Ext4 partition number.

Check the partition number and accordingly change it in Startup.txt

Guest Speedfrog

It should not take that long, if its there for 30mins that means it is not able to recognize the Ext4 partition.

Reboot to WinMo and connect your device back to Ubuntu> Open Disk utility and then verify the Ext4 partition number.

Check the partition number and accordingly change it in Startup.txt

i didnt find anything wrong. This is startup file and the partitions.

post-608080-0-34053900-1323198678_thumb.

Guest aafi-rocks

i didnt find anything wrong. This is startup file and the partitions.

post-608080-0-34053900-1323198678_thumb.

this may have something to do with permissions.

I was facing the same issue and android wont boot. Later on I realized that I had kept 'take ownership of filesystem' box checked while creating partition in Disk utility. So I recommend to uncheck that option while creating the partition.

But as I see in screenshot your using Gparted, I am not sure how Gparted works.. I would recommend you try using the Disk utility to create partition.

your Startup.Txt file looks good.

Guest Speedfrog

this may have something to do with permissions.

I was facing the same issue and android wont boot. Later on I realized that I had kept 'take ownership of filesystem' box checked while creating partition in Disk utility. So I recommend to uncheck that option while creating the partition.

But as I see in screenshot your using Gparted, I am not sure how Gparted works.. I would recommend you try using the Disk utility to create partition.

your Startup.Txt file looks good.

i used Disk utility to create the partitions, but i used Gparted just for the screenshot. i unchecked the option while i created the ext4 partion and on FAT(32) and swap there wasnt an option to do it.

------

I found the problem, in startup file i changed mmcblk1p2 to mmcblk0p2. Since i dont have a sd card.

Thanks for the help

Guest csalasq

thanks for the guide, but i have a problem:

post-608080-0-00360500-1323177484_thumb.

in terminal write:

sudo gedit

then open the file you have to edit in that program, you sould be allowed to save the file