What hardware do you have?

Guest admanirv

Guest admanirv

If you go to the dialer and dial *983*24474636# what does it say under LCD, WIFI, Camera and flash?

Just collating info to see what h/ware folk have as it appears ZTE are mixing parts :D

You will get info like this, this is not from a osf2 or tmv just gives you an idea.

full.png

Edited by admanirv

Really appreciate those screens. I find the camera module in TMV really interesting, was expecting it to have the same 5MP camera sensor OV5642 as my Blade but it is not, TMV has OV5640. Looking in the released source code I think the supplier of this camera module is none other than Global Optics Limited, Dong Guan Lite Array Co. Ltd http://www.globaloptics.cn/en/

Can anyone shed some light on the following? From this thread I assume it does not have 480p capturing http://android.modac...v-rom-wishlist/ What are the supported capturing resolution and framerate.

Guest Enimaxi

I'm afraid I don't know how to make a screenshot so I just typed it:

SFII

LCD Information:

TRULYorYS(Himax8369+HYDIS)_480*800_3.5Inch

TouchScreen Information:

touchscreen module

name: synaptics

i2c address: 0x22

IC type: 3000 series

module: synaptics + TPK

WIFI Information

Device manufacturing: Broadcom

Model Number: BCM_4330

Camera Information:

ID:0x5640

Name:OV5640-5.0Mp-AF

Flash Information:

SAMSUNG 4G NAND

Edited by Enimaxi

Guest admanirv

Really appreciate those screens. I find the camera module in TMV really interesting, was expecting it to have the same 5MP camera sensor OV5642 as my Blade but it is not, TMV has OV5640. Looking in the released source code I think the supplier of this camera module is none other than Global Optics Limited, Dong Guan Lite Array Co. Ltd http://www.globaloptics.cn/en/

Can anyone shed some light on the following? From this thread I assume it does not have 480p capturing http://android.modac...v-rom-wishlist/ What are the supported capturing resolution and framerate.

Interesting, i wonder if we could squeeze 720p ? I think we would probably need to overclock the cpu to support it smoothly.

IIRC are the resolutions stored in the build.prop and we should alter settings in there, i think its a simple as extracting (root access) and then editing and placed back in the folder and restarting using LGcamera app etc.

Interesting, i wonder if we could squeeze 720p ? I think we would probably need to overclock the cpu to support it smoothly.

IIRC are the resolutions stored in the build.prop and we should alter settings in there, i think its a simple as extracting (root access) and then editing and placed back in the folder and restarting using LGcamera app etc.

The Armv6 MSM7227(T) SoC in Blade/TMV is limited to capture a max resolution of WVGA (480x800) @ 30fps, so any resolution above is impossible. Nexus One was the first android hacked to capture at 720p, however the Nexus One has a much more powerful Armv7 QSD8250. For more information look at the slides on this link, you should look for the feature qcamcorder http://wenku.baidu.c...360b4c6583.html

You should be more concerned about the really bad framerate I've been facing on my Blade, averaging at about 14 fps in perfect light condition and halved to 7fps in night mode. I might have find a solution, but I first need to know how the camcorder in TMV performs, equally bad or much better ;)

My phone is the Blade1, hence I was hinting my camera module being different from the TMV/OSF2. Mine was OV5642, TMV/OSF2 OV5640.

look into msm7627_blade2_p736v_defconfig seems there is only 1 camera module used

# Camera Sensor Selection

#

# CONFIG_MT9T013 is not set

# CONFIG_MT9D112 is not set

# CONFIG_MT9P012 is not set

# CONFIG_MT9V113 is not set

# CONFIG_MT9P111 is not set

# CONFIG_MT9T11X is not set

# CONFIG_OV5642 is not set

CONFIG_OV5640=y

CONFIG_OV5640_GLOBALOPTICS=y

# CONFIG_HI704 is not set

# CONFIG_MT9D115 is not set

# CONFIG_MT9D113 is not set

# CONFIG_S5K5CAGX is not set

# CONFIG_S5K5CAGX_MCNEX_QTECH is not set

# CONFIG_MT9P012_KM is not set

# CONFIG_S5K3E2FX is not set

# CONFIG_VB6801 is not set

# CONFIG_SENSOR_ADAPTER is not set

CONFIG_SENSOR_INFO=y

CONFIG_MSM_CAMERA_FLASH=y

CONFIG_QUP_EXCLUSIVE_TO_CAMERA=y

# CONFIG_CAMERA_N880 is not set

# CONFIG_V4L_MEM2MEM_DRIVERS is not set

# CONFIG_RADIO_ADAPTERS is not set

CONFIG_DAB=y

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

Mine is the same as fr0d0's, also a T-Mobile Vivacity although I have a different touchscreen module:

name: synaptics

IC type: 3000 series

module: synaptics+TPK

Surprised me as I thought they were all Atmel on the TMV from reports so far.

Guest BrideOfTheAtom

As said previously i have a synpatics the same spec as yours, we are lucky as apparently its better than the less responsive amtel.

Yeah I think we are lucky although we paid the price with the fear of being stuck in clockworkmod with the inability to select anything :P

• 4 months later...
Guest NinjehKitteh

Does anyone know how to find the exact specs for the Vivacity? I mean like the processor model and everything else on the phone?

-Ninjeh.