Vivacity Unlock Code question

Guest TurboGP

Guest Simon O

I doubt very much that website can produce working codes for the devices. It doesn't even list the correct network for the device.

On the Skate forum people have purchased these sort of unlocked and either got ripped off or got codes that didn't work.

Guest TurboGP

It has the correct network in the dropdown menu.

I doubt very much that website can produce working codes for the devices. It doesn't even list the correct network for the device.

On the Skate forum people have purchased these sort of unlocked and either got ripped off or got codes that didn't work.

Guest Enimaxi

something that's not straight forward.

What do you mean with not straight forward? Unlocking your device doesn't mean you have to be a computer nerd or anything. Just read through the relevant topics here on this forum and familiarize yourself with the whole environment. You'll get the hang of the basics within a day of reading. After that unlocking your device is a piece of cake!

Guest Atomix86

These sites are notorious for advertising unlocks they don't have, and after you pay they state its "coming soon and we'll email you when it arrives!", its the same as those companies advertising ios jailbreaks that aren't yet available. In reality all they do is wait for real sites to find the unlocks then leech and charge for it.

In other words steer very well clear, learn yourself how to unlock via sites such as modaco, and pop £5 into the finders paypal as a thanks ;).

Guest TurboGP

I see this site littered with bricked phones and people stuck left right and center. That tells me how easy it is.

Just looked at the instructions for unlocking and the first part mentions clockowork recovery twice yet at no point does it mention that it needs installing. lol. No wonder that thread is full of bricked phones.

What do you mean with not straight forward? Unlocking your device doesn't mean you have to be a computer nerd or anything. Just read through the relevant topics here on this forum and familiarize yourself with the whole environment. You'll get the hang of the basics within a day of reading. After that unlocking your device is a piece of cake!

Edited by TurboGP

Guest unrandomsam

I see this site littered with bricked phones and people stuck left right and center. That tells me how easy it is.

Just looked at the instructions for unlocking and the first part mentions clockowork recovery twice yet at no point does it mention that it needs installing. lol. No wonder that thread is full of bricked phones.

Its pretty difficult to brick these phones. (Only way I can think of is using totally wrong files.)

Guest Simon O

It is made very clear in the unlocking guide how to install the recovery image.

The threads aren't full of bricked phones. Very few people have bricked the devices and these only happened because people fail to read instructions. Follow the instructions and unlocking the device is extremely quick, easy and simple.

Feel free to pay for the magic unlock code from this clearly dodgy website (are you affiliated with the website since you are standing up for them so much).

Guest Simon O

Its pretty difficult to brick these phones. (Only way I can think of is using totally wrong files.)

And skipping steps which a few people have done. It pays not to rush and follow instructions.

Guest TurboGP

For the record I've no intention of using the said site to unlock my phone. Was just curious as to how they can offer a code. How do tmobile unlock your phone if you request that?

Also, out of curiosity, I looked at the so easy instructions for 'Unlocking Your Phone said:' and I get to the fourth step and it says 'If your see Clockwork Mod....' Ok. at no point in the previous three instructions does it mention a single thing about installing this. It also mentions it twice more before the end. If this Clockwork mod is so important to the process, shouldnt it be mentioned to be installed at some point early on? Rather than 'oh if you havent got this program that we've mentioned jack about, now is the time to install it'

That's not meant to sound that sarcastic but it's to demonstrate how confusing the instructions are if you dont do this every day. And even if you do, doesnt mean you wont be taking your first attempt back to the shop does it.

Edited by TurboGP

T-Mobile won't unlock it.

Clockwork is installed in the transfer process that uses "unlock.zip". Did you notice that this is downloaded to the phone? What did you think happens? That is why, when you re-boot, it boots into clockwork mod when you hold down "volume -" while powering on, instead of displaying "FTM".

Capiche?

Edited by fr0do

Guest ROMZERO

got it

T-Mobile won't unlock it.

Clockwork is installed in the transfer process that uses "unlock.zip". Did you notice that this is downloaded to the phone? What did you think happens? That is why, when you re-boot, it boots into clockwork mod when you hold down "volume -" while powering on, instead of displaying "FTM".

Capiche?

Edited by ROMZERO

Guest unrandomsam

The reason I set it up like I did was to save time flashing (and uploading).

clockworkmod is installed as boot.img but the stock recovery is left as recovery.img

Its vital that the stock recovery is in recovery during the process otherwise it will stick at 98% and you get the reset message.

(I have not tested what happens if you just quit it at that point and just restore the nvitems with QPST).