This is a modified CyanogenMod 6.1 RC2 rom, originally ported for the U8220 by Tom G. The single installation file combines CyanogenMod, Gapps, and DT Apps2SD. (All apps included in the rom are available free on the Android Market.)
Changelog: See the end of the second post for the changelog.
Note: There are two versions of this rom: "TXG" is the basic rom, and "TXG-TW" is the same rom with Chinese IME support (including handwriting support). I intend to keep everything else about the roms the same. (That will mean that the TXG rom will have a bit smaller size compared to TXG-TW.) This rom is based on my "Basic CM6.1" rom, which was my first attempt at modifying Tom G's CyanogenMod 6.1.0 RC2 port. Tom did all the hard work; I'm just tweaking things and fixing a few bugs. Other people from these forums that are deserving of credit include Starkos, Antonio, Flibblesan, Toti, and a lot of other people from whom I "borrowed" code and good ideas. Thanks for the help you all provided. Also, the developers of the apps I chose to pre-install should be thanked for providing great free software.
Known problems/bugs: (I can't do any more to fix these bugs; you have to just live with them if you want to use this rom.)
- The front facing camera does not work.
- There are times when the GPS icon remains in the notification area after the GPS has been turned off. Ignore it, or reboot to remove it.
- The Camera app included in this rom has been modified by user Anegin and does not crash. However, with many third-party camera apps, attempting to take multiple pictures at 3mp resolution will crash the camera app and then cause a serious battery drain (until reboot). There are a few other camera apps available on the Market that can also be used, but I do not know which ones (reportedly the paid version of Vignette works).
- "Set MAC address" has been installed to solve the bug that reports an incorrect MAC address. Run it once to set your address, and the problem is solved.
- Some people have reported a bug in which the screen auto-rotation gets stuck. Suggested solutions are: (1) while booting, always hold the phone in portrait position until it is finished, and (2) disable 180 and 270 degree rotation in Settings/CyanogenMod settings/User interface (only allow 90 degree rotation).
- This ROM has been created for the Huawei U8220/U8230.
- U8220/Pulse users who are installing the TXG rom must first update to the official UK 2.1 rom from back in 2010. (You can not use the UK 2011 update; the TRE rom and the CHT8000 rom will work as well; see below.)
- U8220/Pulse users who are installing the TXG-TW rom must first flash the official TRE update, CHT8000 update, or Hungarian update. TXG-TW requires the /system partition to be larger than 100mb.
- U8230 and U8220-6 users should not flash the official U8220 updates; install this rom over your original U8230 2.1 rom.
- You must have Clockwork Recovery installed (not AmonRA) in order to install this rom. Incidentally, I'm using CW Recovery 126.96.36.199; apparently, CW Recovery v.188.8.131.52 does not work correctly. Later versions of CW Recovery might work, but I haven't tested any.
- In order for DT Apps2SD and swap to work properly, you must format your SD card properly before you install this rom. (I have a 8gb class 10 card with 256mb ext2 partition for a2sd and a 32mb Linux swap partition; the rest is formatted to fat32.) However, the rom should work without doing that; you just won't have that added functionality.
TXG-TW07.zip (full rom with Chinese IME support included; you must have flashed either the TRE update, CHT8000 update, or Hungarian update if you want to install this rom; see above for links to two of those official updates)
Arabic language support patch (Updated 2011/12/31: corrects problems with Arabic language display; install after the rom; thanks go to Brightidea over at XDA for this patch)
TXG-TW06.zip (full rom with Chinese IME support included)
- Copy the "TXG*.zip" file to your SD card.
- Reboot into Clockwork Recovery (184.108.40.206) by holding down the red end call and menu buttons and pushing the power button.
- "nandroid" then "Backup" (if you skip this step, and you might live to regret it)
- "wipe data/factory reset" and "Yes -- delete all user data"
- "install zip from sdcard" then "choose zip from sdcard" then scroll to "TXG*.zip" and "Yes - Install TXG*.zip"
- "reboot system now"
Post-installation: See the second post in this thread (just below) for some ideas on how to start using this rom.
Edited by twrock, 08 April 2012 - 01:26 AM.