Any fix for HTC Sensation really hot and eats battery juice?

Guest remiGOD

Guest remiGOD

Hello people,

The problem: When i use the browser (3g+ connection or wifi), play ANY game (wich works on any single core device) the bottom part of the phone gets extremely hot and the phone eats the battery juice really fast. I managed to play games for 42 minutes and the battery died (from79% to 0%)

I run Android Revolution HD 3.6.8 (sense 3.0, GB 2.3.4)

Is there a kernel that OC's or DC's the CPU/GPU depending on the app that i run? Why use 2x1500mhz for a 2D game that also runs perfectly on a HTC Desire?

Is there any known fix for this?

Edited by remiGOD

Guest Mike Rew

Hello people,

The problem: When i use the browser (3g+ connection or wifi), play ANY game (wich works on any single core device) the bottom part of the phone gets extremely hot and the phone eats the battery juice really fast. I managed to play games for 42 minutes and the battery died (from79% to 0%)

I run Android Revolution HD 3.6.8 (sense 3.0, GB 2.3.4)

Is there a kernel that OC's or DC's the CPU/GPU depending on the app that i run? Why use 2x1500mhz for a 2D game that also runs perfectly on a HTC Desire?

Is there any known fix for this?

I run the same ROM on my sensation. I use the latest Bricked Kernel.

Try wiping battery stats once fully charged, a couple of de-charges and re-charges later.

OCDaemon with the OnDemand setting should do the necessary.

I had the very same problem on my stock ROM. I reset the phone and the problem disappeared for a while but came back. My conclusion was that there was an installed application causing this because it never happened when I had a very limited set of applications installed. I never did find out which application was the problem since I did not have System Panel monitoring running when it happened.

After my wife took over the Sensation 5-6 weeks ago it has never happened again.

Anyway, I would suggest you also kept an eye on apps as a possible sinner.

Espen

Guest remiGOD

Thanks alot for the answers.

I flashed Virtuos ROM and the phone still heats up when using the browser or in games. I know that is a little bit normal, but my last Galaxy S2 (wich used to have a custom OC/UV'd ROM) was cold as ice in ANY situation (more or less when playng Blood & Glory)

I'm starting to think that the porblem is with HTC Sense, so i will flash Trips ICS ROM and see how it works in the browser and some games.

Guest johnston9234

use one of the trips roms that is in the forum excellent battery good speed and the phone dosent heat

Sent from my TripNiCE Pyramid using Tapatalk

That doesnt help him at all.

My suggestion would be to search around in the xda thread pertaining to that rom and see if they already have a solution. I ran that same rom and I got insane amounts of battery life (in a good way).

Guest ajonesma

The more you use your phone, or at least your phone's resources, the hotter its going to get. I used ARHD before and even when it was charging only it was getting hotter and hotter so I flashed a different rom onto my sensation

TRY USING JUCIE DEFFENDOR AND. SET UR CPU ON POWER SAVER BY DOWNLOADING (SETCPU) SHOULD HELP

BUT ALSO WATCH HOW MUCH U CHARGE UR PHONE NEVER OVER CHARGE UR PHONE ONCE IT REACHES 100% DISCONNECT IT

THAT DAMAGES THE PHONE AND DESTROYES THE BATT

Guest whynot66

TRY USING JUCIE DEFFENDOR AND. SET UR CPU ON POWER SAVER BY DOWNLOADING (SETCPU) SHOULD HELP

BUT ALSO WATCH HOW MUCH U CHARGE UR PHONE NEVER OVER CHARGE UR PHONE ONCE IT REACHES 100% DISCONNECT IT

THAT DAMAGES THE PHONE AND DESTROYES THE BATT

my first post and im arguing.... lol but come on dude you could leave your battery on charge for 365 days a year once the battery is full it wont take any more charge, it will not damage your phone or battery the battery has its own cutoff and stops dragging power when its full

setcpu needs an update for dual core.

use system tuner to underclock your cpu 1.5 isnt necessary, lower screen brightness.

charge your phone whilst its off and charge till you get a green light boot up power off and repeat, dont clear the stats unless necessary (batt% jumping)

the sensation is a pretty hot phone imo but the battery can be good

Guest remiGOD

So i have flashed Trips ROM (not MiUi or ICS) and it doesn't get hot as fast as the others i have tried. I can play any game for 1h stright and the phone only feels worm. Reading some other threads, i found out that the heat problem can be caused by the OC\UV - the voltage might be to high.

Can someone post their OC Daemon settings? (voltages, governer, freqences)

The battery still runs out in the middle of the day :( I strongly beleave it has to do with the stupid S-Lcd technology and the chipset.

Guest Arthur92

Same problem on my device several months before.

Sensation is hot in summer than winter LOL

I usually use 2x1200MHz with intelligent demand(new controller in FAUX123's kernel)

but for some game I'll temporary use 2x1500MHz

make the screen darker may help

Guest nba1341

This is a problem with HTC's cheap and faulty stock battery. An aftermarket anker battery fixes overheating issues. Possibly the EVO3d battery also helps with heat issues not sure though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest remiGOD

I want to buy an 1900mah ANKER battery in ROMANIA. The only seller on ebay and amazon is LAPTOPMATE who doesn't send in Romania.

Does anybody know another seller?

Is there any alternative to the ANKER battery? Everybody sends me to buy that battery for the heating and better juice problem wich i cannot find

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly wiping battery stats does absolutely nothing. The battery knows how much power it has and then tells the phone..

Secondly there is an Ebay seller @ ebay.co.uk that sells the Anker battery and delivers worldwide

Thirdly I have an Anker battery and to be honest it seems to last about the same as the standard battery, I also have a 2300Mah battery that still lasts the same?

• 1 month later...
Guest basti2909

I i have the same issue.correct me if I'm wrong, but why it should be battery related when on trips rom the batt don't get so warm? I was on stock and all where good.now on arhd it really gets hot , so for me it's rom problem..i tried to slow down the frequency but still hot..i think for now it's voltage.any way to reduce it manually and if, which are the stock voltages?

Guest Boopathi

I have recently bought HTC Sensation XE and start the initial setup and start using for 10 to 15 mins, I could feel the hot on bottom side of the phone. Please help me to fix this issue, Does it has any hardware related issues..

Guest HoM3r

I have recently bought HTC Sensation XE and start the initial setup and start using for 10 to 15 mins, I could feel the hot on bottom side of the phone. Please help me to fix this issue, Does it has any hardware related issues..

Mine only become HOT when i'm playing 3D games ...