NEED HELP, IM SO FRUSTRATED.. :(

Guest shinigami2610

Guest shinigami2610

Hi,

I'm a newbie and also new to android phone, so my fiend advise me that i should root my phone for better performance and all kind of stuff, after read through hundreds of topic on this, i decided to do it, the first thing hit me was cyanmogen 7 nightlies, like everybody, i hit the USB driver problem, and i spent 5 hours reading and i found out about to do it, install a lot of things, and everything just stop at "waiting for your device"

_but then out of no where, when i tried the 8 times, the cyanmoden sign come up, and i think i finally got it, after 2 times turn on for the first time, i realize it might take up to 20 mins to load up for the first time, finally THIS IS THE PROBLEM:

+i can't get into recovery mode,

+i can't install clockwork recovery mode, i tried this http://android.modaco.com/topic/344820-09-aug-clockworkmod-recovery-4014-unofficial-modaco-edition-for-the-zte-skate/

but the driver things come up again. :(, and i tried the thing i did before, it's not worked

+i lost all of my market and everything of the stock (manufacture) app, i can't access to the market either..

can some one help me please.. :(..i spent 3 days on this and i can't find a solution.

willing to try anything.. :(..any attempt are appriciated.. :(.please help.. :(

thank you so much.

Guest Wacky.ddw

Use these drivers. (i used them on both win xp and win 7)

http://android.modac...ge__hl__drivers

When you click the "install-recovery-windows.bat" you will get waiting for device...

Then a unknow device will show up you will need to go to device manager. And select the unknown device and install the drivers manually. If all goes good the drivers will have bin installed.

The next time you click "install-recovery-windows.bat" it will flash the recovery...

If that still does not work. You could install ADB made easy. After some reading its pretty simple two.

Allso there are stock backups available for the ZTE they are pinned. That worked for me i hope it works for you two :)

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest shinigami2610

Use these drivers. (i used them on both win xp and win 7)

http://android.modac...ge__hl__drivers

When you click the "install-recovery-windows.bat" you will get waiting for device...

Then a unknow device will show up you will need to go to device manager. And select the unknown device and install the drivers manually. If all goes good the drivers will have bin installed.

The next time you click "install-recovery-windows.bat" it will flash the recovery...

If that still does not work. You could install ADB made easy. After some reading its pretty simple two.

Allso there are stock backups available for the ZTE they are pinned. That worked for me i hope it works for you two :)

the post above should do you fine.good luck

THank you, i am fine to install recovery now, and also, can you guys please show me how to access to app market as i can't get access to this, it just keep close down everytime i get in..

Guest shinigami2610

after done that, the cmd window disapeared so i guess that's ok now, but i can't still get in to recovery mode.. :(, and still, when i try to update rom, it still ask me to install clockworkmod recovery, and the ZTE skate can't be found on the list.. :(

Guest wrtease

just install any rom and ask for link to ggapps someone will have a link to them.on some roms it does it after you sing in to google account ,best of luck .

Guest Wacky.ddw

I tried all the different suggestions for installing drivers with no success.

It took me 3 days to get it to work.

sad.gif

At first i allso tried two days, there is only one working driver that works if your stuck at your first bootscreen, (bootloader) and thats the link i posted the second driver.

You just have to click install the drivers completly manually.

Not letting the pc search in the folder you have to click the file yourself :)

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest Skate Away

At first i allso tried two days, there is only one working driver that works if your stuck at your first bootscreen, (bootloader) and thats the link i posted the second driver.

You just have to click install the drivers completly manually.

Not letting the pc search in the folder you have to click the file yourself :)

I couldn't get it to work like that either :(

I did this:

1) remove all drivers and usb devices

2) connect OMC

3) open the virtual CD when it appears and install the software

4) eject the virtual CD

and it then installed and worked !!

However, it was incredibly painful and frustrating - NOTHING should be that difficult......

Unlocked, rooted & CM&, so I'm very happy.....

Anyone want a brand new orange SIM, never used ?

Guest Wacky.ddw

I did this:

2) connect OMC

4) eject the virtual CD

However, it was incredibly painful and frustrating - NOTHING should be that difficult......

NOTHING should be that difficult...... Try reading the last page of "how to unroot" My phone is f*cked and i dont understand how to restore it :P That makes me think why did i even start doing these things i barrely understand :P

Guest shinigami2610

I did this:

2) connect OMC

4) eject the virtual CD

NOTHING should be that difficult...... Try reading the last page of "how to unroot" My phone is f*cked and i dont understand how to restore it :P That makes me think why did i even start doing these things i barrely understand :P

what did u go through, i might help, everything you need is the clockworkmod thing, dont give up, http://android.modaco.com/topic/348607-how-to-install-the-drivers-for-omczte-skate/, this one saved me for the driver problem

http://android.modaco.com/topic/344820-09-aug-clockworkmod-recovery-4014-unofficial-modaco-edition-for-the-zte-skate/, that's the clockwork mod,

and the stock ROM, you can google it and download. :), i'll stay tune, so say if anything come up .:D

Is it just me or are some people struggling to get a new rom safely on their device because of the lack of a clear how-to?

I know all the info is "out there" but it might be a good idea to consolidate all the (correct) info in one howto thread...

Guest Wacky.ddw

what did u go through, i might help, everything you need is the clockworkmod thing, dont give up, http://android.modac...r-omczte-skate/, this one saved me for the driver problem

http://android.modac...-the-zte-skate/, that's the clockwork mod,

and the stock ROM, you can google it and download. :), i'll stay tune, so say if anything come up .:D

No it has nothing to do with clockworkmod. I installed and removed it 10 times allready. I flashed a faulty nandroid. And my system is phone is screwed up now, and flashing backups etc trough clockworkmod dont fix it. And now i have to TPT it :P but i have no clue what that is. I found some info obout TPT'ing the blade. I have no know how to do it on the skate...

Guest wrtease

i think you can change the image to get it to work.its like clockwork image .you can remove it and paste a different image for recovery or ftm image .a bit like gen1 to gen2 very similar.

Guest dibbles

No it has nothing to do with clockworkmod. I installed and removed it 10 times allready. I flashed a faulty nandroid. And my system is phone is screwed up now, and flashing backups etc trough clockworkmod dont fix it. And now i have to TPT it :P but i have no clue what that is. I found some info obout TPT'ing the blade. I have no know how to do it on the skate...

When I last posted in one of your threads I asked what problem it was that you was trying to resolve. It appeared that you did not have a problem per se but was trying to pre-empt a situation that might or might not occur.

If you are now in the position of "needing" to TPT your phone back with a std image then spend a lot of time thoroughly reading the ZTE Blade section of the forums (the methodology is the same but do not use any of their files) and then read through this section and also try and use a 2GB card if possible as TPT'ing can fail if you are using a bigger one. In the Blade section there is a pinned sticky which has a full section on how to TPT an image along with a Youtube link showing it being done. Remember that if this TPT process goes wrong or you use the wrong image you can end up with a brick. That is why flashing a ROM through CWM is much safer.

Then when you have got back to a working phone think about the following...

You really might want to consider just stopping what you are doing and simply enjoy the phone as it is before you get to a situation that might render the phone totally inoperable. As time passes so will your knowledge and skills increase and thus your understanding of how to achieve what you want to do. And, more importantly, the things that you can't do.

Just enjoy your phone and spend time reading in other Android sections and forums as well as watching many of the Youtube vids that was you will feel more comfortable and aware of your limitations, whilst having a functioning phone.

Don't be upset with what I write but I do remember reading on a number of occasions in the blade forum about people who had got out of their depths and, unlike the unbrickable Advent Vega, found themselves with a dead phone which they could not recover or restore their IMEI number etc.

Have fun :)

Edited by dibbles

Guest Wacky.ddw

I know you are right. But i wont be doing a TPT unless i know it would be completly safe, id rather have some bug's and a working phone. Then a bricked phone because thats the first reason i started expirimenting with those things.

The thing is i just wanted to be able to restore back to full stock. But i didnt have the original "recovery.img" So D3abL3 made a flashable recovery.zip for me. So now i can first flash my MEDION P4310 backup, then flash the zip, reboot and clockwork is gone. But then we tried to make a flashable nandroid, that would flash to stock rom including the stock recovery. But replacing the recovery gave a md5 mismatch. So D3abL3 edited the md5 and uploaded the backup again. But somehow it got messed up and it was some one elses backup. And now when im recharging my battery logo is gone it looks like this (#55). Sometimes my phone gets stuck in bootloader while booting. But its my own fault for wanting more, while im actually a noob :P The problem starts from post #55 but D3abL3 wil take a good look at it. So im sure this wil be fixed :)

Edit: I tried to make a noob proof clockwork installation tutorial: LINK