oscar-mark

oscar-mark

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Devices:Sony Xperia Arc S
TPT is much easier!
Just install the app and follow the instructions in the app or guide.
Get the "Skate_v2a"

Edited by oscar-mark, 28 July 2012 - 05:48 PM.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
Hold it. You don't know if he wants his phone to be totally wiped.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
@uppy
While "waiting for device" open windows device manager, look for device having yellow asterisk, rightclick choose to update driver choose to pick driver manually select "Adb interface" you get the list of available adb interfaces, choose zte composite adb interface, confirm (even if it gives warning about incompatibility)

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

Lorraine1620

Lorraine1620

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo
Hi

I hope someone can help me, as I think I may have just wrecked my phone.

I've had an Orange Monte Carlo phone for a while, but haven't used it because I didn't like the Orange branding or apps. Having read through the instructions on page one of this thread, I decided to go for the easy "all in one" option. I downloaded and installed TFT Helper, and used it to downloaded the skate-v2a.zip file onto the SD card.

I then followed all the necessary steps, and when my phone restarted I was presented with the CWM-based Recovery v4.0.1.4 menu. I performed the "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition" and "wipe Dalvik cache" as described in the instructions, then choose to install zip from sd card, and choose to install the skate-v2a.zip file.

The following messages are then displayed on the screen:

....installing: /sdcard/Skate-v2a.zip
Finding update package....
Opening update package.....
Installing update....
Installation aborted.....

I removed the SD card from the phone and checked the zip file using my PC, and it looks find. I then tried the installation again, but didn't get any further. I then downloaded a new copy of the skate zip file onto the card and tried again, but still no joy.

Whenever I power up the phone, I go straight to the CWM menu, without having to hold any combination of keys.

This is what the recovery log states:

Starting recovery on Fri Aug 3 07:37:49 2012
framebuffer: fd 4 (480 x 800)
CWM-based Recovery v4.0.1.4
recovery filesystem table
=========================
0 /tmp ramdisk (null) (null)
1 /boot mtd boot (null)
2 /cache yaffs2 cache (null)
3 /data yaffs2 userdata (null)
4 /misc mtd misc (null)
5 /recovery mtd recovery (null)
6 /sdcard vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /dev/block/mmcblk0
7 /system yaffs2 system (null)
8 /sd-ext ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (null)
I:Completed outputting fstab.
I:Processing arguments.
mtd: successfully wrote block at c2a4800000000
I:Set boot command "boot-recovery"
I:Checking arguments.
I:device_recovery_start()
Command: "/sbin/recovery"
ro.secure=0
ro.allow.mock.location=1
ro.debuggable=1
persist.service.adb.enable=1
ro.build.id=OUK_B05
ro.build.display.id=OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05
ro.build.version.incremental=eng.zhangchun.20110719.202630
ro.build.version.sdk=10
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=2.3.4
ro.build.date=Tue Jul 19 20:33:41 CST 2011
ro.build.date.utc=1311078821
ro.build.type=user
ro.build.user=zhangchun
ro.build.host=zhangchun-desktop
ro.build.tags=release-keys
ro.product.model=Orange Monte Carlo
ro.product.brand=ZTE
ro.product.name=P743T_OUK
ro.product.device=skate
ro.product.board=skate
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=ZTE
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=GB
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=msm7k
ro.build.product=skate
ro.build.description=P743T_OUK-user 2.3.4 OUK_B05 eng.zhangchun.20110719.202630 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=ZTE/P743T_OUK/skate:2.3.4/OUK_B05/eng.zhangchun.20110719.202630:user/release-keys
rild.libpath=/system/lib/librilswitch.so
rild.libargs=-d /dev/smd0
persist.rild.nitz_plmn=
persist.rild.nitz_long_ons_0=
persist.rild.nitz_long_ons_1=
persist.rild.nitz_long_ons_2=
persist.rild.nitz_long_ons_3=
persist.rild.nitz_short_ons_0=
persist.rild.nitz_short_ons_1=
persist.rild.nitz_short_ons_2=
persist.rild.nitz_short_ons_3=
DEVICE_PROVISIONED=1
debug.sf.hw=1
debug.composition.type=mdp
dalvik.vm.heapsize=32m
ro.product.board_name=skate
ro.sf.lcd_density=240
ro.sf.hwrotation=180
ro.setupwizard.mode=OPTIONAL
ro.com.google.gmsversion=2.3_r5
ro.build.baseband_version=P743TB01
ro.build.software_version=OUK_P743TV1.0.0B05
ro.build.sw_internal_version=OUK_P743TV1.0.0B14
ro.config.ringtone=OrganDub.ogg
ro.config.notification_sound=DontPanic.ogg
ro.camera.video.size.mms=307200
ro.camera.video.duaration.mms=20
ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-zte
ro.com.google.clientidbase.yt=android-zte
ro.com.google.clientidbase.am=android-zte
ro.com.google.clientidbase.ms=android-orange-{country}
ro.com.google.clientidbase.gmm=android-orange-{country}
rilswitch.vendorlibpath=/system/lib/libril-qc-1.so
rilswitch.ganlibpath=/system/lib/libganril.so
persist.sys.timezone=Europe/London
ro.config.alarm_alert=Alarm_Classic.ogg
ro.camera.video.cust.qua=noset
ro.camera.sound.forced=0
persist.sys.usb.switch_pid=0x0214
persist.sys.usb.product_name=AndroidPhone
persist.sys.usb.manu_name=Handset
persist.sys.usb.ms.vendor=Handset
net.bt.name=Android
net.change=net.bt.name
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt
ro.factorytest=0
ro.serialno=
ro.bootmode=unknown
ro.baseband=unknown
ro.carrier=unknown
ro.bootloader=unknown
ro.hardware=skate
ro.revision=0
init.svc.usbconfig=stopped
init.svc.recovery=running
init.svc.adbd=running
I:Checking for extendedcommand...
I:Skipping execution of extendedcommand, file not found...
mtd: successfully wrote block at c2a4800000000
I:Set boot command ""

I would be so grateful if someone could help me with this, but please go gentle with me as I'm new to it all.

Thanks

Lorraine

utternoob

utternoob

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Laughing at chavs, Formula 1, Football and general technology
  • Devices:Skate, OSD, GT-P1010
  • Twitter:@terrymalyon2
Think you have tried to flash the tpt. Download a rom such as Skatie or MoKee OS and follow installation instructions on the first or second post to have a new rom

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

I may not know a lot, but there are others that do. If you have a problem, just ask

Sent with magic :)

Lorraine1620

Lorraine1620

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for getting back to me.

I don't really understand what you mean by saying that I must have tried to flash the TPT. I just followed these instructions:

"All in One" This option does all these things for you: Checking if the download isnt corrupted, unpacking the downloaded ZIP file, checking if the unpacked files aren't corrupt and checking if the files still match the original.
If you want to do a "All in One" TPT you can check what partition layout you want to use under "Download a TPT". For example you think "Skate v1b" would suit your needs you can go back to "All in One" and select that option.
When this is downloaded and verified you can start the TPT several ways "Start TPT" to start the TPT. Or power off, remove the battery, put it back in and start the phone with "Power + menu + volum up" all held at once. Or if you are at stock ROM under settings "about phone > update from SD card"

When your TPT is complete, it will reboot into Clockworkmod 4.0.1.4 from here you can install a ROM. (Part 6) Once your ROM is installed delete the "image" folder from your SD so you dont acidentally flash it afterwards.

Anyway, as the only thing that I can load up on my phone now is ClockworkMod, I've downloaded the file from the link in Option 2 on this page:

http://www.modaco.co...-now-available/

The zip file has the following files/folders in it:

Meta-inf
System
boot.img

Do I have to do anything with the checksum that is mentioned on the above page? I can't find a .md5 file within the zip file, but then again, I don't know if there should be one or not.

Lorraine

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Don't extract the ZIP. Just put in on the SD and use "install zip from SD card", choose ZIP, confirm, reboot

Lorraine1620

Lorraine1620

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Got it working now. Thanks for your help.

Lorraine

Lorraine1620

Lorraine1620

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thought I had it working, and I have, apart from one small problem - I can't get on the Internet.

I've checked the settings for the network provider and they are fine. Would the Kitchen update fix this problem?

Lorraine

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Provide more details please. Wifi or mobile data? What settings exactly?

Lorraine1620

Lorraine1620

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Got it all working now - including the Internet.

Thanks for your help.

Lorraine

DesertF0x

DesertF0x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:Liquid E
What about adding this for Original Image Backup?

poludeli_kaktus

poludeli_kaktus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Devices:Medion Life P4310, LG L9
  • Twitter:@poludeli_kaktus
Helou
I`m using medion life p4310 aka Zte Skate on stock rom GB_GER_MEDION_P743V1.0.0B06 with custom kernel. Custom kernel don`t support OC governor smartass and smartassV2. My question is where I can find custom kernel supporting that 2 governors. I dont like to use custom rom`s becouse on ice armor i had a problems with wifi, and on mokee problem is overheating on charging. Thank`s in advance

razzmataz1478

razzmataz1478

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts
  • Interests:Flashing ROMs, Being distracted by my skate
  • Devices:ZTE Skate

Helou
I`m using medion life p4310 aka Zte Skate on stock rom GB_GER_MEDION_P743V1.0.0B06 with custom kernel. Custom kernel don`t support OC governor smartass and smartassV2. My question is where I can find custom kernel supporting that 2 governors. I dont like to use custom rom`s becouse on ice armor i had a problems with wifi, and on mokee problem is overheating on charging. Thank`s in advance

Take the boot.img from SKatie zip. Download the sdk platform tools and

fastboot flash boot boot.img

Posted Image

Current Phone:

Xperia T

Previous Phones:

Orange Monte Carlo

Nokia 5530 XpressMusic (Nokia C6-00 CFW)

Sony Ericsson v640i

Nokia 3120

Various other Nokia phones.

Not the best history of phones Posted Image

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
Not as simple as that. SKatie kernel expects sysinit support (init.d scripts support) and while booting it waits for
"filesystem ready" flag to be set with the last init.d script - 99complete before starting services.
Since stock rom doesn't have init.d support, this flag will be never be set and thus boot will be stucked in endless loop.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Helou

What about trying Android 2.3.5 custom roms? They're all based on stock rom and fully working.
You can e.g. start with SKatie which has also 2 governors you're looking for http://android.modac...-now-available/

Then you also have Swedish Snow (support smartass V1 and V2, too), H3 Blues, AtomicMod (although I am not sure what governors these two support). Anyway, you better go through them all to find one that suits you best.

Edited by C3C0, 31 August 2012 - 01:51 PM.

poludeli_kaktus

poludeli_kaktus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Take the boot.img from SKatie zip. Download the sdk platform tools and

fastboot flash boot boot.img

Tnx for idea but like C3C0 said endless loop is in that case.

poludeli_kaktus

poludeli_kaktus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

What about trying Android 2.3.5 custom roms? They're all based on stock rom and fully working.
You can e.g. start with SKatie which has also 2 governors you're looking for http://android.modac...-now-available/

Then you also have Swedish Snow (support smartass V1 and V2, too), H3 Blues, AtomicMod (although I am not sure what governors these two support). Anyway, you better go through them all to find one that suits you best.

I start with Skatie and update with kitchen, well good. Now using Mokee and having problems with battery draining and mms. Tried several times but battery still draining and i canot find what is problem, i tried cleaning cash, dalvik kash, clean battery stats... almost everything i know. on original medion life 2.3.5 rom with custom kernel everything is ok and battery working 2 days in everyday use (about 10 sms, 30 min talk, some wifi) without any problems. So i still searching for custom non cm kernel supporting smartass v2 becouse i love to play some games wich need more proccesor power. If you or somebody else have any idea how i can get kernel like that please post. thanks in advance

Edited by poludeli_kaktus, 07 September 2012 - 08:32 AM.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
You don't need SmartassV2 for playing games :)
Performance governor is better in this case because it doesn't scale frequency but keeps it at max ;)
But be aware that performance governor will drain your battery fast (sice CPU is always at max)

Edited by C3C0, 07 September 2012 - 08:47 AM.

poludeli_kaktus

poludeli_kaktus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

You don't need SmartassV2 for playing games :)
Performance governor is better in this case because it doesn't scale frequency but keeps it at max ;)
But be aware that performance governor will drain your battery fast (sice CPU is always at max)

well you quite right :) but smartass is for everyday use for some apps like igo (faster&better starting, working).

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users