295 replies to this topic

Pia23

Pia23

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
Okay an update, i think i got my head around it... i now seem to have Superuser showing in my apps list, i've deleted some stock apps using Titanium and my internal memory has dropped from 47mb to 36mb... lol. No clue why that happened. But wi-fi seems ok so far

Edited by Pia23, 26 December 2011 - 01:47 AM.

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  • Devices:None :(

Okay an update, i think i got my head around it... i now seem to have Superuser showing in my apps list, i've deleted some stock apps using Titanium and my internal memory has dropped from 47mb to 36mb... lol. No clue why that happened. But wi-fi seems ok so far

Yea wifi should work fine, the problem was the layout from the tutorial got screwed up, so all the links where gone. So the link was missing and there where 2 packages in the Superboot topic. hologo probably used the oldest one.

Dont be afraid, its not that difficult fixing the wifi.

So its all working?

>>>> [FAQ] Rooting for beginners <<<<

Tutorial on installing installing Superboot and Clockworkmod.

Changing bootscreen, how to unbrick and more.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

Pia23

Pia23

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Yea wifi should work fine, the problem was the layout from the tutorial got screwed up, so all the links where gone. So the link was missing and there where 2 packages in the Superboot topic. hologo probably used the oldest one.

Dont be afraid, its not that difficult fixing the wifi.

So its all working?

Thank you, yeah all working great now , got rid of most crap but didn't seem to gain any internal memory for it, I've got 40mb roughly, seems worse than OSF considering this supports apps 2 sd.

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Thank you, yeah all working great now , got rid of most crap but didn't seem to gain any internal memory for it, I've got 40mb roughly, seems worse than OSF considering this supports apps 2 sd.

I never tried that, since i never had orange crap :) My phone is a german one, the only thing that i wanted to get rid of was the ugly bootscreen.

I have cyanogenmod 7 and link2sd and i never have problems with internal space.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

v1pEr

v1pEr

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Devices:MEDION P4310 (ZTE SKATE)

Gave this a sticky. Really nicely done guide!

Great news, I was glad to see it as the first sticky :)

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
Part 9 de-bricking added.

Edited by Wacky.ddw, 28 December 2011 - 02:58 PM.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
For some reason my layout allways starts looking like this if i edit the tutorial to much. And tis really pissing me off!

If somehow your phone is bricked and can’t boot into android OS anymore. There are a few options that could restore your phone. You should read this very carefully or you could make things worse. And always be sure you are using the right files. Below is a list of methods, the easiest and most recommended method comes first.<br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; text-align: -webkit-auto; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); "><br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; text-align: -webkit-auto; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); ">Here is an example of a bricked ZTE blade, a bricked skate should look the same.<br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; text-align: -webkit-auto; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); "><br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; text-align: -webkit-auto; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); "><br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; text-align: -webkit-auto; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); ">

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

v1pEr

v1pEr

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Devices:MEDION P4310 (ZTE SKATE)

For some reason my layout allways starts looking like this if i edit the tutorial to much. And tis really pissing me off!

I think your post is becoming too big, I could "donate" you my post just below it if you want it.

(By donating I mean if you need an update on something you could send it to me and I could add or change it for you)

kazoooo

kazoooo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, ZTE Crescent
Very good introduction Wacky. Made sense on the CWMs and TPTs.

I came across an issue today when trying to get back to the stock rom from CM7. Just had some wifi and proximity issues with CM7, otherwise it was very good.
I extracted the boot.img, splash.img, recovery.img and system.img and tried the adb method. Fastboot managed to replace the first 3 images but system failed because of some size issue. Luckily I had ClockWorkMod recovery to boot into and flash my stock backup.

Did some searching and it appears that fastboot has a limit on files size it can handle so this method is not suitable for stock roms as they all seem to be 200MB+.

Edited by kazoooo, 28 December 2011 - 09:39 PM.

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

I think your post is becoming too big, I could "donate" you my post just below it if you want it.

(By donating I mean if you need an update on something you could send it to me and I could add or change it for you)

Thanks if i ever need it i will ask :) But i think its pretty complete now. I cant think of anthing i could add.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Very good introduction Wacky. Made sense on the CWMs and TPTs.

I came across an issue today when trying to get back to the stock rom from CM7. Just had some wifi and proximity issues with CM7, otherwise it was very good.
I extracted the boot.img, splash.img, recovery.img and system.img and tried the adb method. Fastboot managed to replace the first 3 images but system failed because of some size issue. Luckily I had ClockWorkMod recovery to boot into and flash my stock backup.

Did some searching and it appears that fastboot has a limit on files size it can handle so this method is not suitable for stock roms as they all seem to be 200MB+.

Thanks.

Yea i think everyone has the proximity issue sometimes. Have you tried recalibrating? On CM7 i allso have this problem when i restore a clockworkmod backup. When flash cyanogenmod i reboot, then flash it again without wipes. Then i recalibrate the sensor and i have no problems then.

For the fastboot part, someone else also said me this yesterday. If you flash the backup you made with clockworkod, and then flash only the stock recovery partition trough fastboot you are allso at stock.

I cant think of a other way to go back to stock.

Edited by Wacky.ddw, 29 December 2011 - 03:11 PM.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

Bushes

Bushes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:Monte Carlo
Hi. I realise my problem may be a windows problem but my computer cannot find the android_winusb.inf driver from the google usb folder. Have tried several times but im getting nowhere, windows fails to see it. Have followed the instructions to the letter.

Any tips on what to do would be great.

Thanks

grh2g46

grh2g46

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
could someone upload the "

TWM_Fantastic_T3_Root_Packge.rar" as the link in the guide doesnt work

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

could someone upload the "

TWM_Fantastic_T3_Root_Packge.rar" as the link in the guide doesnt work

I dont have it here, i have a package to flash clockworkmod 4.0.1.5 im uploading it.

Everything is the same as in the tutorial except you have to click "install-recovery-windows.bat"

LINK: http://minus.com/mbaeBP2yjl#1

Edited by Wacky.ddw, 30 December 2011 - 01:50 PM.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

grh2g46

grh2g46

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I dont have it here, i have a package to flash clockworkmod 4.0.1.5 im uploading it.

Everything is the same as in the tutorial except you have to click "install-recovery-windows.bat"

LINK: http://minus.com/mbaeBP2yjl#1

Thanks, what about superboot? that was included in the original package. im not sure if i want to flash a new ROM yet

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Thanks, what about superboot? that was included in the original package. im not sure if i want to flash a new ROM yet

I dont have it on this computer, im going to see if i have it on my other computer.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D7NKE5AR

Thats the wrong link, it works but your wifi wont work afterwards i will ask johnny hung if he could reupload it :)

Edited by Wacky.ddw, 30 December 2011 - 02:54 PM.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

grh2g46

grh2g46

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I dont have it on this computer, im going to see if i have it on my other computer.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D7NKE5AR

Thats the wrong link, it works but your wifi wont work afterwards i will ask johnny hung if he could reupload it :)

Thanks but no need now. i saw there was CM7 nightlys for it. so im running that now :)

TrollFaceEngaged

TrollFaceEngaged

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, Gaming, YouTube and Teen Stuff :L
  • Devices:Atomic OMC 16GB, Galaxy SII

Hi. I realise my problem may be a windows problem but my computer cannot find the android_winusb.inf driver from the google usb folder. Have tried several times but im getting nowhere, windows fails to see it. Have followed the instructions to the letter.

Any tips on what to do would be great.

Thanks

The exact same thing has happened to me. My computer cant find the android_winusb.inf from the google usb folder. can anyone help?? (im using windows 7)

Edited by TrollFaceEngaged, 03 January 2012 - 11:40 AM.

ZTE Skate FTW
RGSHW - 13
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.c...Xx?feature=mhee Subscribe for more Android goodness

monographix

monographix

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Devices:orange monte carlo / ZTE Skate
to clearify my initial confusion : If i want to backup the whole phone before i touch it, before i even use cloclworkmod, to back up even stock recovery partition (and stock rom ofcourse and everything), what do i do ? And how i restore it from these backups to its stock (orange) state ?

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

to clearify my initial confusion : If i want to backup the whole phone before i touch it, before i even use cloclworkmod, to back up even stock recovery partition (and stock rom ofcourse and everything), what do i do ? And how i restore it from these backups to its stock (orange) state ?

You cant backup your whole phone :) thats why i state in the beginning you have to look what your stock is and see if there is a backup available.

You allways need two of the same phone's

One phone where you change the boot image, so you can dump "recovery.img, system.img, splash.img"
One phone where you cange the recovery, so you can dump the boot.img

And if you put the dumps from these 2 phones togetter you have a full dump :)

So conclussion, unless you still have a untouched phone of the same kind its not possible. But most stock ROMs are allready available.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users