TMV T-Mobile Vivacity loading custom roms

Guest ROMZERO

Guest ROMZERO

Please can someone help me re flash my vivacity with an updated cumstom rom after initially unlocking and flashing the Crescentr2 rom with bouncers5 method. the only way i can now enter recovery (which now has blue highlighted bars) is by using rom manger.the button press hold down volume and press on power button only brings up FTM mode. The command prompt is not working for me its just throwing up errors. can i got through the whole unlock process again? id like to use the clockwork recovery 5 but have no idea now how to load it. any help i'd much appreciate.

Edited by ROMZERO

Guest Simon O

Sounds like you haven't got recovery installed correctly. If you have installed this through rom manager then it will certainly have flashed a recovery image meant for another device.

Follow Sebastian404s guide to installing recovery using fastboot then you'll be able to install roms correctly.

If you get errors from fastboot like "waiting for device" or "no device found" then you need to install drivers. Download the drivers from the unlocking thread which should include the fastboot drivers.

Guest ROMZERO

thanks for your reply flibblesan,

i havent installed clockwork thro rom manager,i had it briefly thro bouncers unlock, cant get it back now. even tried going thro the whole unlock process again so i could install it but i wiped my w7 64-bit when fastboot never worked,now on my w7 32-bit machine i can open qpst but get an error when i try and open software download.i dont even know if this is safe to do twice but its not even letting me do it. i can enter fastboot it carries out the command reboot bootloader but doesnt execute flash recovery. i dont know what to do now.i had a blade 1 and always got into clockwork to install lots of different roms.

Sounds like you haven't got recovery installed correctly. If you have installed this through rom manager then it will certainly have flashed a recovery image meant for another device.

Follow Sebastian404s guide to installing recovery using fastboot then you'll be able to install roms correctly.

If you get errors from fastboot like "waiting for device" or "no device found" then you need to install drivers. Download the drivers from the unlocking thread which should include the fastboot drivers.

Guest ROMZERO

i got clockwork 5 on,dont quit know how i done it but i did, i did put the recovery image in the adb folder and opened up the android folder in program files etc. now i look forward to CM7 and ICS now, :)

thanks for your reply flibblesan,

i havent installed clockwork thro rom manager,i had it briefly thro bouncers unlock, cant get it back now. even tried going thro the whole unlock process again so i could install it but i wiped my w7 64-bit when fastboot never worked,now on my w7 32-bit machine i can open qpst but get an error when i try and open software download.i dont even know if this is safe to do twice but its not even letting me do it. i can enter fastboot it carries out the command reboot bootloader but doesnt execute flash recovery. i dont know what to do now.i had a blade 1 and always got into clockwork to install lots of different roms.