Help! Market Is Slow :(

Guest Blox

Hi there,

Recently I have been having a problem with my Market. Since friday night it has been really slow. We`re talking 5ish seconds to load an app page or between pressing download and an app beginning to download. I have tried everything i coud think of: Restarting router, rebooting phone, wifi etc. even reflashed cm to no avail :( anybody know wbat the cause of the problem is or how to fix it?

Thanks, Nathan

(Running CM7.1 stable build with CM kernel)

Same for me. .:mellow:

Wierd :( My 3 friends who have Android phones are not experiencing this and I have also tried the Market on my fathers HTC Wildfire S, which, although an older version, is working speedily. This morning my Market is running VERY slowly, as in haven`t got it to load yet. Anyone else experiencing this problem, so we could find the problem/fix it?

Thanks, Nathan

Thanks SuperSkill! Set DNS seems to have worked, as well as speeding the internet up in general. I forgot to note down my previous DNS settings, will this be a problem? Will they change back on the flash of a ROM? And will it only be temporary? Either way, I'm happy I can download my 10p apps now :P

Thanks, Nathan