If you have the same problem as in the video below, a corrupted battery recharging animation while the phone is off. You probably corrupted your splash partition. Flashing back to the original ZTE stock splash screen most likely fix this. I took this out off a ZTE stock rom "GB_CURETAIL_P743V1.0.0B10.zip" and added it into a flashable zip file.
FIX LINK: ZTE_SKATE_STOCK_SPLASH
Boot into recovery and choose "install zip from sdcard" and navigate to the the file, choose "Yes".
note: On my phone it was caused by the splash you see in the video. Flashing the ZTE stock splash allso works for the MEDION P4310
Ive noticed if you make splash screens from images, and turn them into .bmp files you wont have a problem. But if you use the blade tool, or make .img files they remove the battery animation. There is a tutorial below with Kallt_Kaffee's methode. I never had any problems flashing splash screens this way.
Here are some splash screens/bootanimations i converted: LINK
From my expirience, you better flash bmp files with this methode.
1) Download This file: Bootanimation/splash image flash
2) Unzip the file. Swap ONLY the bootanimation and Splash image files. The other files are required for flashing.
NOTE: Dis-including a file will retain your previous splash image or bootanimation
Other methods may work but this worked for me:
In GIMP I open my 480x800 image. (as desired in terms or rotation, etc - how i want it to look on the phone)
Then go Image>transform>flip horrizontally
Now hit save as save it as splash.bmp
In advanced choose the "16bit R5 G6 B5" format
Now replace this file with the one in the unzipped directory.
3) Re-zip the file, and place it on your phones SD card.
4) Boot into recovery and choose install zip from sdcard and navigate to the the file, choose Yes.
5) Reboot your phone, and you should see changed booanimation and/or splash image.
Edited by Wacky.ddw, 07 January 2012 - 05:56 PM.