New ZTE Skate Kernel (13-12-11) for (Z3 ROM)

Guest Elitemovil

Guest Elitemovil

Updated:

- GPU Drivers.

- BT Driver

- Sensor

- OC only 998Mhz (Warning for 1'xxGhz)

- Add new governors: Lazy, Intellidemand y Lulzactive. (Better drain battery and performace).

1) Lazy:

This governor from ezekeel is basically an ondemand with an additional parameter min_time_state to specify the minimum time cpu stays on a frequency before scaling up/down. The Idea here is to eliminate any instabilities caused by fast frequency switching by ondemand. Lazy governor polls more often than ondemand, but changes frequency only after completing min_time_state on a step. Lazy also has a screenoff_maxfreq parameter which can be configured to specify screen-off max frequency.

2) Lulzactive:

This new find from tegrak is based on interactive & smartass governors and is one of our favorites.

Old Version: When workload is greater than or equal to 60%, the governor scales up cpu to next higher step. When workload is less than 60%, governor scales down cpu to next lower step. When screen is off, frequency is locked to global scaling minimum frequency.

New Version: Three more user configurable parameters: inc_cpu_load, pump_up_step, pump_down_step. Unlike older version, this one gives more control for the user. We can set the threshold at which governor decides to scale up/down. We can also set number of frequency steps to be skipped while polling up and down.

3) Intellidemand:

Intellidemand aka Intelligent Ondemand from faux is yet another governor that's based on ondemand. Unlike what some users believe, this governor is not the replacement for OC Daemon (Having different governors for sleep and awake). The original intellidemand behaves differently according to GPU usage. When GPU is really busy (gaming, maps, benchmarking, etc) intellidemand behaves like ondemand. When GPU is 'idling' (rather moderately busy), intellidemand limits max frequency to a step depending on frequencies available in your device/kernel for saving battery. This is called browsing mode. We can see some 'traces' of interactive governor here. Frequency scale-up decision is made based on idling time of cpu. Lower idling time (<20%) causes cpu to scale-up from current frequency. Frequency scale-down happens at steps=5% of current frequency. (This parameter is tunable only in conservative, among the popular governors )

To sum up, this is an intelligent ondemand that enters browsing mode to limit max frequency when GPU is idling, and (exits browsing mode) behaves like ondemand when GPU is not busy; to deliver performance for gaming and such. Intellidemand does not jump to highest frequency when screen is off.

Download new Kernel for (z3) Rom [13/12/11] here.

Mirror 2 here.

Tanks.

Edited by Elitemovil

Guest PedroVader

How to install this? I am using Atomic 1.6. Will it mess things up?

You need to boot into clockwork, and flash the .zip file from there, no wipes necessary.

I've flashed it to Atomic, CM7 and CM9 ICS, works fine on all three.

How to install this? I am using Atomic 1.6. Will it mess things up?

Both Rome are based on the 2.3.5 rom I believe,so I for 1 will be doing a back up of Atomic then flashing this to see if it will work with atomic.I am sure it will work,but always best to back up first before making any big changes to your rom.

Edit: Just flashed new kernel over atomic 1.6 and it still lives :)

And I can see all the new governors in setcpu.

Edited by Guest

Guest pablitobm88

Both Rome are based on the 2.3.5 rom I believe,so I for 1 will be doing a back up of Atomic then flashing this to see if it will work with atomic.I am sure it will work,but always best to back up first before making any big changes to your rom.

Edit: Just flashed new kernel over atomic 1.6 and it still lives :)

And I can see all the new governors in setcpu.

I will test the new kernel.

You have noticed a significant improvement?

Sorry for my English, but I'm using Google Translate

Edited by pablitobm88

Guest Kayusumi

You need to boot into clockwork, and flash the .zip file from there, no wipes necessary.

I've flashed it to Atomic, CM7 and CM9 ICS, works fine on all three.

Does it really make differences in using new kernel? Such as performance or battery drain in same freq?

Thanks!

Cm7 is android 2.3.7 built from source.

This kernel is for zte 2.3.5 :blink:

It will work on Elitemovil rom & Atomic rom.

So if you get bootloops etc on cm7,dont be suprised :lol:

If I am wrong then someone tell me otherwise.

Edited by Guest