evad

evad

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire Z
  • Twitter:@adlorenz
Just got fw update notification on my 80 G9. Changelog is quite long this time round:

Version 3.2.77 - December 6th, 2011

• Google apps: new Honeycomb release 6 integrated. It fixes Video GTalk crash when switching cameras on devices with only one camera. Now Google+ is part of the firmware.
  • Archos media server: allow connected TVs to play video from your tablet via network
  • Network shortcuts: it is now possible to create network shortcuts in file/music/video browsers
  • Accessories: external USB audio cards (DAC) support has been added
  • Media center: a new progress bar slider indicates resume position on videos already played
  • Media center: in regular list view, the title of the TV show episode is appended after the season and episode numbers
  • File manager: support of zip files
  • Music: fix repeat mode
  • Audio: decrease loud volume glitches on notifications while playing music
  • Media database: remove muSD card related entries when the card is ejected
  • Media center: global resume displays posters when available
  • File manager: fix UI glitches when dragging files after cycling through dual/single panel display
  • Network shares: make sure authentication credentials are asked when entering a samba protected share folder with Archos media center
  • MTP: device icons for A80S/H and A101S/H have been added for display on the Windows PC
  • Display: fix touch panel events sometimes not taken into account
  • Display: fix blinking of icons occurring sometimes in applications (e.g. Android Market)
  • Display: increase of icon redraw speed when moving application icons on launcher
  • 3G: correct telia.se and add Polen Telekom APNs
  • Battery: make sure led blinks at full charge
  • Battery: issue a warning that the product will stop charging if powered off while on DCin in the shutdown menu
  • Battery: a new shutdown policy has been implemented when in suspend to ensure that product still has battery when powered back on. Shutdown of the device occurs when it reaches 50% of the battery capacity when the screen was last on.

Dawid 'evad' Lorenz

cajl-jbmm

cajl-jbmm

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Rugby
    Paris SG
    Archos
    Hard Rock
  • Devices:ARCHOS GEN 7 - 8 - 9
  • Twitter:@Cajl_Jbmm

The old addict of ARCHOS - I have all Archos from the Jukebox6000 to the GEnXX

stormrain

stormrain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the information.
Since I'm new to Archos, but not in android in general, you wouldn't mind me asking a rather stupid question. :)
When I update my fw I am not going to lose any apps and data am I? Thanks in advance :)

evad

evad

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire Z
  • Twitter:@adlorenz

When I update my fw I am not going to lose any apps and data am I? Thanks in advance :)

No, you won't loose anything in these updates. However, I'm not sure whether that would also be the case with ICS upgrade. Time will tell. :)

Dawid 'evad' Lorenz

stormrain

stormrain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

No, you won't loose anything in these updates. However, I'm not sure whether that would also be the case with ICS upgrade. Time will tell. :)

Thanks for the info mate, updating now! :)

Yeah when the ICS comes I guess it will wipe the device. Which by the way is something I'm planning to do when the time comes, since a clean install before a major update is usually better.

Edited by stormrain, 15 December 2011 - 11:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users