[Q] Bootloader and radio images

Guest efrant

I have a few questions:

1) How do I dump the bootloader? I have a different version than the one included in the stock image from Google, and I would like to back it up.

2) I am looking for a dump of the UGKL1 radio. Can anyone dump it for me?

3) What is the best way to dump a radio image?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ssmithri2

I have a few questions:

1) How do I dump the bootloader? I have a different version than the one included in the stock image from Google, and I would like to back it up.

2) I am looking for a dump of the UGKL1 radio. Can anyone dump it for me?

3) What is the best way to dump a radio image?

Thanks.

Be very careful updating your radio as I hear that this is the one thing that if flashed improperly, will brick your device.

Here is the ugkl1 radio... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=20338327&postcount=78

• 2 weeks later...

radios are widely available on the net, as are bootloaders. what version of the bootloader do you have?

I have PRIMEKK14, and I would like to dump it. I have not seen that bootloader anywhere. Do you know how to dump the bootloader on a Galaxy Nexus?

Guest dukestraykker

Hi thanks for the post. One thing I would like to clarify. I am currently on a yakjuzs build. I am going to move over to a “pure” yakju build (currently on yakjuzs 4.0.1, new build will be yakju 4.0.2). I have already unlocked bootloader and rooted phone and am using it. If I were to perform this update, I know I do not need to perform fastboot oem unlock (which I know wipes the internal storage) but will the flashing of the new bootloader wipe the storage as well, or will it just update it?

Current build number is ITL41F.I9250ZSKKB

Baseband I9250XXKK1

Guest dukestraykker

nope. flashing of the bootloader does exactly that, flashing of the bootloader. as does radio, and recovery fwiw.

Did it last night. Found that replacing bootloader and radio were fine, performing the update itself ok, but stuck in bootloop. Only way to get out of it was to re perform the update using -w to wipe everything during the flash. I did attempt to re flash cwm and just clear dalvik and cache, but didnt fix boot loop issue.

Long story short, when switching from different builds and/or updating bootloaders, it wipes the user data.

Best part was, the phone restored everything except 1 game's saved data and 2 apps from how it was before :D

Guest dukestraykker

updated bootloader and radio twice by now, never had a problem. rom just booted up and was fine.

When coming from a different build, different branch of radio and different branch of bootloader? Or updating along the same branches path?

I came from yakjuzs line to yakju to be in the google update list.

• 1 month later...
Guest cmstlist

Bump. Mine came with PRIMEKK14, and it got changed when I flashed it to yakju. But I'm wondering if anyone can provide a copy of PRIMEKK14 in case I need to flash back to shipping for warranty purposes.