Link2sd Nand+ext backup error

Guest stonebear

Guest stonebear

I just started using Link2sd and have everything linked and so wanted to make a backup that would include the ext2 partition, so I assume I was doing the right thing choosing that option in recovery?

It gave me an error though, "error: run 'nandroid-mobile.sh' via adb!"

I have never used ADB, I once tried to download it but I think I downloaded the wrong thing as it was a LARGE download.

Should I just try to run the back up again?

Where can I get the right version of ADB?

Is there a quick "how to" on how to use it?

Any advice at all please.

Remember I am a noob but fairly quick learner (after banging my head against the wall for some time). :)

Guest Smeelious

How much space are you using on your ext partition?

tbh, I always get this error, and always have. I assumed it was how link2sd mounts the ext. Just restoring your default nand isn't actually a problem. The Ext partition remains intact, you'll probably just have to "cleanup the 2nd partition" if you are backing up to an earlier state.

Guest TechnoLover

if you want to be sure, to have the latest adb, follow steps 2, 4 & 5 from the official installation guide for android-sdk. fastboot isn't included there (anymore). So you have to search for it or I can upload it if you want to ;)

for working with adb you can use the guide from google, too. The thing with the emulator isn't necessary unless you want to play with the emulator ;)

Edited by TechnoLover

Guest TechnoLover

if fastboot is included there, I don't have to upload it ;) If you want newest version of adb you have to download the android-sdk ;)

it's hard at the beginning, I had the same problems ;)

Edited by TechnoLover

Guest stonebear

for working with adb you can use the guide from google, too. The thing with the emulator isn't necessary unless you want to play with the emulator ;)

Yea, I just want to keep things simple. smile.gif

Edited by stonebear

Guest stonebear

if fastboot is included there, I don't have to upload it ;) If you want newest version of adb you have to download the android-sdk ;)

it's hard at the beginning, I had the same problems ;)

Ok, I think the version I have is new enough, I got it from this thread http://android.modac...9-root-phase-1/

So, once I am communicating with the phone with ADB I could follow these instructions for this problem? http://android.modac...estore-via-adb/

Although I probably won't bother, lol. I am just gonna do like smeelious.

Edited by stonebear

Guest Smeelious

Although I probably won't bother, lol. I am just gonna do like smeelious.

eek.

Yeah, the only real problem I have with doing it this way is when you go to switch roms. (which I do often...for fun) I was hoping you'd tough it out and find a solution ha!.

maybe I'll dig into it tonight.

Edited by Smeelious

Fix: Download ES File Explorer

Put it into root mode and mount /system (It's under ES File Explorer Settings)

Go to /system

Create a folder called 'sd'

Reboot and try backup again.

Guest stonebear

eek.

Yeah, the only real problem I have with doing it this way is when you go to switch mods. (which I do often...for fun) I was hoping you'd tough it out and find a solution ha!.

maybe I'll dig into it tonight.

LOL

Yea, I might have a go at it tomorrow myself. smile.gif

It would be nice to have a solution. I wonder why it won't just backup nadnd+ext? That is the problem. I don't want to have to do the whole ADB fix (assuming we work it out) everytime I want to backup.

Guest stonebear

Fix: Download ES File Explorer

Put it into root mode and mount /system (It's under ES File Explorer Settings)

Go to /system

Create a folder called 'sd'

Reboot and try backup again.

Cool, that sounds more like. Thanks mate.

Gonna try it.

edit

Yea it worked. I did nand+ext and it is a bigger back-up than just doing nand so the ext2 IS in there.

smile.gif

Edited by stonebear

Guest Smeelious

Cool, that sounds more like. Thanks mate.

Gonna try it.

edit

Yea it worked. I did nand+ext and it is a bigger back-up than just doing nand so the ext2 IS in there.

smile.gif

Yeah, I backed up and flashed CM7, then restored back. Worked like a charm.