Good news for gta lovers

Guest arnookie

Guest Wacky.ddw

If you want to see gameplay of skate running at stock speed with gta 3 below is the link to video.

It gives you an idea on what it runs like on atomic rom at stock speed and without chainfire.

Please sub me if you like. ;0)

I wont be installing it if it runs like that, then i probably smash my phone after 2 min :P

Guest Atomix86
If you want to see gameplay of skate running at stock speed with gta 3 below is the link to video.

It gives you an idea on what it runs like on atomic rom at stock speed and without chainfire.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=1FQoTIQUSHM

Please sub me if you like. ;0)

Hmm. Thanks for the vid, ill probably pass until I get my Sensation. But cheers for taking the time to show us, much appreciated.

Guest arnookie

I wont be installing it if it runs like that, then i probably smash my phone after 2 min :P

That is running at stock speed and without chainfire.

I will post another video showing it play at 900 cpu overclock

using chainfire3d and the settings as follows

Reduced texture size

Reduced texture quality

Use plugin None.

Guest arnookie

have downloaded it :) just got to download the extra 400mb of data, will start at midnight when my data allowance is free! Hope this works on the blade :)

Yes it works on the blade also.

Guest admanirv

Right I've tried it with

CM7, overclocked @ 960mhz

Atomic Rom, overclocked @960mhz

For me CM7 is slightly smoother.

With chainfire, no real difference other than slightly reduced graphics, you can tell on loading screens.

Cm7 for me.

Guest Atomix86
have downloaded it just got to download the extra 400mb of data, will start at midnight when my data allowance is free! Hope this works on the blade

Why not use wifi?

Right I've tried it with

CM7, overclocked @ 960mhz

Atomic Rom, overclocked @960mhz

For me CM7 is slightly smoother.

With chainfire, no real difference other than slightly reduced graphics, you can tell on loading screens.

Cm7 for me.

Not to keen on the overclocking.The thing is,I have read many talks about overclocking,but nobody seems to be able to come to a conclusion.Some will say,overclocking your phone is not like overclocking a pc,so nothing to worry about.Others say it can cause damage to your cpu if it gets too hot.

Like a fool,I got my skate on contract because i was to impatient to wait till I had a few quid spare.

So my OMC has to last 24 month.

If my OMC is clocked at 900Mhz for 2 years with intensive usage,surely it will not make it to the end of contract ?

If it's the game, then we should wait for the next release. I'm sure they'll fix this eventually.

If enough people rate it bad on market they will most likely look into the problem.

But really they should not be releasing the game when it is so lagy.

But like you said next update may solve this.

Guest victormun

If enough people rate it bad on market they will most likely look into the problem.

But really they should not be releasing the game when it is so lagy.

But like you said next update may solve this.

+10000. Maybe they optimized it for tablets and not for phones. Who knows... let's wait a couple of weeks...

+10000. Maybe they optimized it for tablets and not for phones. Who knows... let's wait a couple of weeks...

If they have only optimized for tablets then they are misleading by letting us believe it will work on our devices.However,according to the market,I have a HTC DESIRE :lol: Few build prop tweaks.So I dont know if it says compatible with skate.

Why not use wifi?

I am using wifi, only got 10gb allowance at the minute :(

60gb allowance from the 20th :) downloads overnight are free! Also get my advent Vega tomorrow:)

Guest arnookie

I am using wifi, only got 10gb allowance at the minute :(

60gb allowance from the 20th :) downloads overnight are free! Also get my advent Vega tomorrow:)

Advent vega runs it superb. It simply flys on the vega.

It's amazing it works at all on the skate really especialy because it was made for duel core processor. It runs fast if you rename the sound folder and play without sound. Fps get a really decent boost if you do that.

Guest arnookie

What would be the use without sound :lol:

It plays very smooth without sound. This makes if fully playable at a fast frame rate. Funny because even my sons nexus is running this slower than the ZTE skate. Infact I had to disable the sound on his nexus to get it running smooth. It is worth it as the games is better with more fps than sound. I also just run it with my music app playing in the background and to be honest I don't really notice the lack of sound effects that way.

I am also trying to build a version with a sound fix for slower and single core phones.

I will post if I manage to make it better with sound.

It plays very smooth without sound. This makes if fully playable at a fast frame rate. Funny because even my sons nexus is running this slower than the ZTE skate. Infact I had to disable the sound on his nexus to get it running smooth. It is worth it as the games is better with more fps than sound. I also just run it with my music app playing in the background and to be honest I don't really notice the lack of sound effects that way.

I am also trying to build a version with a sound fix for slower and single core phones.

I will post if I manage to make it better with sound.

It is odd that sound is making performance bad,maybe just keeping the essential sounds and deleting others will help,like voices etc.

Ok it works,I deleted all the radio stations and a few ambiant sounds,and the game performs much better.

All the car sounds etc still there.

This is on atomic v2.

And I can hear every sound effect of the car now.I wonder if the radio stations are causing problem?

Or maybe its atomic v2 making performance better?

To round it up.

I am on atomic v2

chainfire reduce texture and qaulity,no plugins

clock speed 900Mhz

deleted all radio station audio files and a few others I don't think are necessary,can't remember all,but one was water fx 4mb file.

And the result is the game is very playable,

I can even hear footsteps when running,whereas before I could not.The car sound effects are better too.

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the info, jikobutsu! Will test it later on CM7 with the same configuration and report!

This was done on clean install of atomic v2.

But after installing all my app,nearly 100 of them,the game was slightly more laggy.

I wish I had the knowledge to build an app,because I have an idea.On my PC there is a program called gamebooster,which shuts everything down when playing games.If we had an app for android that could instantly freeze selected apps other than the game you are playing,it would no doubt boost game performance.

There are several freeze apps on the market,but none to my knowledge that can be programmed to freeze a selection of apps and switch to airplane mode at the click of a widget.

As arnookie said,renaming audio folder makes the game play well.

So I am thinking the audio can be optimized so that we have some sound and performance.Its just finding all the audio files that are not really needed to play the game.

Report back if you find an improvement too.

Hopefully arnookie is going to find a fix for the sound :D

Also,I am just wondering,how many of us who are playing this game are using app2sd ?

First thing I do when flashing a rom is flash darktremors too.Is it possible that this could also reduce performance ? I may try playing the game from fresh install with no app2sd scripts,just to see how it performs.

Edited by Guest

Guest arnookie

In the gta Audio folder rename the audio file to audiobackup. Then make a new audio folder and name it audio Then just copy these three files from the renamed audio folder into the audio folder you created. "Sfx.lst" "Sfx.raw" "Sfx.sdt" .

This will give you the least audio in game but keep the essential sound effects.

I still find it better running without any sound in game. Just use the music app to play your own music whilst playing for the best performance. You could even just play the radio sound files from the renamed audio folder in your music app if you still want gta radio.

But the guide above gives best results if you want minimal audio in game.

Guest arnookie

This was done on clean install of atomic v2.

But after installing all my app,nearly 100 of them,the game was slightly more laggy.

I wish I had the knowledge to build an app,because I have an idea.On my PC there is a program called gamebooster,which shuts everything down when playing games.If we had an app for android that could instantly freeze selected apps other than the game you are playing,it would no doubt boost game performance.

There are several freeze apps on the market,but none to my knowledge that can be programmed to freeze a selection of apps and switch to airplane mode at the click of a widget.

As arnookie said,renaming audio folder makes the game play well.

So I am thinking the audio can be optimized so that we have some sound and performance.Its just finding all the audio files that are not really needed to play the game.

Report back if you find an improvement too.

Hopefully arnookie is going to find a fix for the sound :D

Also,I am just wondering,how many of us who are playing this game are using app2sd ?

First thing I do when flashing a rom is flash darktremors too.Is it possible that this could also reduce performance ? I may try playing the game from fresh install with no app2sd scripts,just to see how it performs.

Apps to sd has no effect on game speed at all. The audio is being processed through the second core of the cpu if available. In our case we only have a single core so sound running ingame makes a big hit on fps because it is trying to do everything on a single core. The game was made for duel core so not much can really be done apart from the fix I posted above. I am happy playing with no sound ingame and using my music app to stream my playlist instead. Especially when it runs so well doing things that way. For basic sound just use the three files named in the post above and delete everything else in the audio folder. But it still has a big effect on fps having any sound running ingame.