• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

WildOne007

WildOne007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Vivacity
Hello I'm new here and I need some help if possible ?

I just bought a T-mobile Vivacity the other day and I needed it unlocked so I followed this procedure here http://www.diaryfoli...obile-vivacity/

Now all went well except after I installed a few apps I found myself extremely quickly out of space to install any more.

My phone says 162MB phone memory, so I guessed that partitioning using above methods would work.

I downloaded Option 4: 200MB system, 40MB cache, 200MB data

However I cant seem to get into bootloader to try to install it.

Holding home, vol+ then switching on doesn't work and I tried booting into it via clockwork mod as inc in the rom and only the up/down keys work so I can't select anything anyway.

It's doing my head in now :(

WildOne007

WildOne007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I've actually gone and sussed it on my own - eventually :)

r4nd0mh3r02k

r4nd0mh3r02k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hello I'm new here and I need some help if possible ?

I just bought a T-mobile Vivacity the other day and I needed it unlocked so I followed this procedure here http://www.diaryfoli...obile-vivacity/

Now all went well except after I installed a few apps I found myself extremely quickly out of space to install any more.

My phone says 162MB phone memory, so I guessed that partitioning using above methods would work.

I downloaded Option 4: 200MB system, 40MB cache, 200MB data

However I cant seem to get into bootloader to try to install it.

Holding home, vol+ then switching on doesn't work and I tried booting into it via clockwork mod as inc in the rom and only the up/down keys work so I can't select anything anyway.

It's doing my head in now Posted Image

For all those who had this issue like me when i booted the phone holding in the required keys nothing happened, so instead i just went to the system menu and did a system update that way, this is the only way i have managed to get clockwork installed on my phone too as i could not get adb to work at all, lack of drivers (lack of download links too :P)

This TPT flash worked a treat, 200-40-200, is the one i used and followed by an installation of Fish'N'Chips rom :) all works sweet as a nut.

Big thanks for the people who made this possible :D

AndyWestley

AndyWestley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:OSF, OSF II
Hi there,

I don't know if anyone's still following this thread. I'm trying to increase the available space on my wife's OSF II. I've read all of the above, and tried to use TPT Helper (chose option 3 download), but when I try to flash the rom I get a message saying installation aborted. No other info. Is there anything I can do to get any other clues?

aboylikedave

aboylikedave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Hi there

Trying to TPT my Vivacity but vol+ plus home not working. I believe an alternative is to do it via Update System. I go into System Settings for CM9 but don't have an update software option.

Is there something I am missing? Where under 'About Phone' should it be?

Cheers

Edited by aboylikedave, 05 January 2013 - 10:40 PM.

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Hi there

Trying to TPT my Vivacity but vol+ plus home not working. I believe an alternative is to do it via Update System. I go into System Settings for CM9 but don't have an update software option.

Is there something I am missing? Where under 'About Phone' should it be?

Cheers

Custom roms like CM9 don't have that option, its only available in stock roms (or ones based on stock roms).

TPT Helper lets you easily repartition your ZTE phone, install a new ROM and for the Blade, convert to/from Gen 2. Available for Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade, Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate and Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity. https://market.andro...horas.tpthelper

TPTs and other apps

dodgetimmy

dodgetimmy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Crescent, HTC Desire
I just tried flashing but it won't flash on start like it explains if you have a more recent Cwm recovery. To install I had to use the system update from within android.

lohtse

lohtse

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Devices:Too Many.HTC/Samsung/XDA/ZTE
Anyone used the app of the market to do the partitions?

dodgetimmy

dodgetimmy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
I'm guessing the market app just does the same as copying to your sd, renaming to update.zip and running android system update from settings.

nzmnisam

nzmnisam

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Devices:telenor touch plus
Im runing cm10.1 on my tmobile vivacity, and i dont know how to activate this. In cm10.1 settings there is not an option to install system updates from SD card, and when i hold volume up and menu key it does nothing, just boots normaly. I guess i need to flash a stock (or stock based rom) to use this tpt, right?

Edited by nzmnisam, 04 May 2013 - 12:19 PM.

nzmnisam

nzmnisam

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Im runing cm10.1 on my tmobile vivacity, and i dont know how to activate this. In cm10.1 settings there is not an option to install system updates from SD card, and when i hold volume up and menu key it does nothing, just boots normaly. I guess i need to flash a stock (or stock based rom) to use this tpt, right?

i done it

tititj

tititj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:Telenor Touch Plus ZTE Atlas
You dont need to use tpt with TT+ phone :)

nzmnisam

nzmnisam

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

You dont need to use tpt with TT+ phone :)

I wanted to so I can have 160 mob system,I than flashed slim bean,and with that,I have room to spear :)

danbb

danbb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi - I am currently using Amphoras's TPT (160MB system, 2MB cache, 278MB data) to re-partition the SF2 (thanks, Amphoras!).

The SF2 normally runs Fish 'n Chips RLS7 (with some apps taken out) on that configuration with a 'cache to RAM' re-direct script, enabling it to download large apps from the play store. Only about 122Mb of the /system partition is used.

Has anyone come across a TPT (or can please make a TPT) for the SF2 with a 128MB or 130MB /system partition? I hate to waste 30MB of potential app space.

dodgetimmy

dodgetimmy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
Are you using a2sd?

I saw there was an option in the tpt app for the crescent to make your own tpt but it didn't work for me.

Not sure how to manually edit the files, do they open with a text editor?

danbb

danbb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Are you using a2sd?

I saw there was an option in the tpt app for the crescent to make your own tpt but it didn't work for me.

Not sure how to manually edit the files, do they open with a text editor?

]

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am using A2SD as well, but still need to maximuse the /data partition. I didn't have much luck either trying to create my own partitions using TPT Helper. I think that option is disabled, probably becuase Amphoras can't test it. I might try and open the TPT files and see whether it's obvious what to do to create customised partition sizes, although I suspect it's not that simple!

Edited by danbb, 17 May 2013 - 01:22 PM.

dodgetimmy

dodgetimmy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
For my p736v (UK Orange San Fransisco II) you need to hold the menu key and the up(volume) key at the same time as powering on the device. The device mustn't be plugged into the computer also.I expect this may be different for other variants, but try if you're not having luck.

There are also other, more modern TPT's including a newer CWM version here

If you want to stick with these tpts but update recovery, you can just install the latest CWM here

Edited by dodgetimmy, 28 May 2013 - 11:46 PM.

nzmnisam

nzmnisam

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Is there any way someone can make 220mb system for vivacity, cause 200mb isnt enough for RootBox, ROM im trying to flash.

supermasters

supermasters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:S3
failed in both ways couldn't get it done, tried different sd cards but still failed.

any suggestions...

dodgetimmy

dodgetimmy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
If you have failed then you must not be doing it right. It still doesn't help if we don't know what device you have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users