OTA 4.0.2 and keeping root

Guest Andi Desire

Guest Andi Desire

Hi all,

I know this is probably a stupid question but I need to check before I agree.

I have the OTA update for 4.0.2 ready to be installed and currently running a rooted shipped ROM just with the insecure image and superuser installed. The insecure boot image that paul provides is not version dependant right?

Meaning I can agree to the OTA update on the shipped ROM, then reflash the boot image and keep my root and everything will work fine, all apps still and settings unaffected right?

Thanks

Guest onicrom

im not sure whats in the ota but generally its safe to say that if you ota update you will lose root.

Hi all,

I know this is probably a stupid question but I need to check before I agree.

I have the OTA update for 4.0.2 ready to be installed and currently running a rooted shipped ROM just with the insecure image and superuser installed. The insecure boot image that paul provides is not version dependant right?

Meaning I can agree to the OTA update on the shipped ROM, then reflash the boot image and keep my root and everything will work fine, all apps still and settings unaffected right?

Thanks

I would imagine so. I did this for 4.0.1 lost root then reflashed the insecure image. Wouldn't do OTA though had to download the files manually and install. tbh Paul will probably have an update out Monday so probably worth the wait.