Internal SD card Problem Need Help Please!

Guest wgizmo

Hello,

I did took phone out form my pocket and i noutice my phone is on Logo scrren "Dell". I did standard baterey restart and again phone did stuck on logo screen. My Streakdroid is 1.9. I never had any problem at all. Fastboot_mode works, I can get acess to other options but as soon i do try get acess to my micro sd card phone cant see it. I did tun *301... test of sd card and internal memmory and all pass without problems. How i cen get acces now to my sd to flash my phone to 2.4.4?

Small update. I did put 2gb sd card in with zip and install txt file. I did went to Android system Recovery <2e> and when i go for "apply sdcard:update.zip" i do get message:

--Installing: SDCARD:Update.zip

Finding update package...

E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk1p1

(No such file or directory)

E:Can't mount SDCARD:update.zip

Installation aborted/

Update 2.

I did second test for sd and looks like my internal sd is not working:

"Internal sd:

Fail..."

Second test all go pass,

And no clue whats going on here. Really need soem help please.

Update 3.

Did manage get to recovery mode and some how my streak see sd card. I did press 1.9.0 to install as update to see if will finish....

Installation went without errors. After installation i did reboot my streak and the same again. Did stuck on logo screen and no changes at all...After this instalation streak just did rebooting himself all the time. Any ideas?

Update 4.

Did update 2.4.4 and installation went ok like 1.9.0. Now streak is rebooting all the time and home and two others buttons just flash before reboot.

Update 5. Did fallow whole installation procces from: http://android.modac...-244-release-r1

Progress i see logo..WOW!!!.....Still installation in progress i think. OK all works fine for now after few reboots. Going to set up phone and will let you know guys tomorrow how is my phone works.

Edited by wgizmo

Guest Azurren

Well thats certainly a different post :P

Where you've almost solved everything yourself

But if the internal SD is failing (And it looks like it is) this problem will just keep repeating itself and getting worse. Perform another check on the internal SD and if its still failing you may want to think about returning it under warranty or replacing it yourself

Plenty of guides on this form

But if it was just "one of those things" and there really isn't anything wrong with it you may want to use this opportunity to upgrade to Gingerbread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=698

Currently I recommend this rom with GXKernel: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1314898

Which has a very active Dev and is continually getting speed and performance tweaks

Edited by Azurren

Internal sd is down again :( like you said above its keep repeating itself. I dont have warranty anymore for it. Looks like i will need ot try replace it on my own or try to send it to get it fix for me. Dunno what i will do now when holidays comming soon and i dont have time to send it back :(.

Guest Azurren

Internal sd is down again :( like you said above its keep repeating itself. I dont have warranty anymore for it. Looks like i will need ot try replace it on my own or try to send it to get it fix for me. Dunno what i will do now when holidays comming soon and i dont have time to send it back :(.

Its a pretty easy fix.. There are guides littered around the forums. I personally would cut a slot in the plastic to get at the internal SD rather than taking the streak apart (Good for the future and less chance of breaking something ;)

I wouldn't send it back or try and get someone else to replace it, chances are any 3rd parties wouldn't have a clue what's wrong with it

Just did last time SD test (...301... option 10...) and:

img3662u.jpg

Its mean i need to replace my sd internal or its some other problem?

Edited by wgizmo

Another update. Did run QDL Tool and:

HW:

Board ID:

Comment:

--

LOG

--

###QDLTool: M 2.7.4.8, build ID: 1.301.20101022, time stamp: Wed Dec 21 16:32:07 2011

Check image DBL: E:\streak tutorial\QDLTool3rd_20101022_GAUSB1A130500\images\dbl.mbn ...

Check image FSBL: E:\streak tutorial\QDLTool3rd_20101022_GAUSB1A130500\images\fsbl.mbn ...

Check image OSBL: E:\streak tutorial\QDLTool3rd_20101022_GAUSB1A130500\images\osbl.mbn ...

Check image AMSS: E:\streak tutorial\QDLTool3rd_20101022_GAUSB1A130500\images\amss.mbn ...

Check image DSP1: E:\streak tutorial\QDLTool3rd_20101022_GAUSB1A130500\images\dsp1.mbn ...

Check image APPSBL: E:\streak tutorial\QDLTool3rd_20101022_GAUSB1A130500\images\appsboot.mbn ...

Check image DT: E:\streak tutorial\QDLTool3rd_20101022_GAUSB1A130500\images\DT.img ...

Check image boot.img: E:\streak tutorial\QDLTool3rd_20101022_GAUSB1A130500\images\boot.img ...

Check image system.img: E:\streak tutorial\QDLTool3rd_20101022_GAUSB1A130500\images\system.img ...

Check image userdata.img: E:\streak tutorial\QDLTool3rd_20101022_GAUSB1A130500\images\userdata.img ...

Check image recovery.img: E:\streak tutorial\QDLTool3rd_20101022_GAUSB1A130500\images\recovery.img ...

Check image logfilter.img: E:\streak tutorial\QDLTool3rd_20101022_GAUSB1A130500\images\logfilter.img ...

Check image Region: E:\streak tutorial\QDLTool3rd_20101022_GAUSB1A130500\images\RC_us.img ...

Check images: Partition Dbl Fsbl Osbl Amss Dsp1 DT Appsbl Boot System Userdata Recovery LogFilter RCFile

Check images ok

Download in speedup way

Open COM port success

ERROR[D14]: Read OSBL version Failed!

osbl.mbn version:

ERROR: Download fail!

Please remove the battery and try again.

Wait for modem set up ......

Download Fail! - 2011/12/21 16:32:15

Elapsed Time: 8.02 sec

Update 6:

OK then, i did manage to do trick with cutting out pice of streak to take out internal sd card and put it back. I did clean bouth slots just in case. Did first reboot and all looks like works fine. Still waiting for ordered 8gb 10 class sd card. Will keep you guys posted how i do with my streak.

My question is after replace of internal sd card do i need ot crate some partitions on it or something or just replace with old one and swich on streak?

Edited by wgizmo

Guest Azurren

Oh yes you need to create some very specific partitions and "mirror" several files

The internal SD is the phones internal memory, it holds almost everything vital to the device (Including recover etc.)

Which is why almost every phone manufacturer uses actual flash memory to store this vital software, not cheap microSD cards :P

I think this thread contains most of the info you need:

Actually (I'm no expert) but it looks like your internal SD card is okay.. (Isn't write protected). Could be something essential is corrupt, I donno

Good luck!