Best way to get more space ?

Guest Skate Away

Guest Skate Away

Hi,

I've transferred everything I can to sdhc (manage applications) it's rooted and I've got titanium installed.

What's the best/easiest way to gain more on phone storage ?

I'd rather not do anything that will make installing other ROMs more difficult.

Any suggestions ?

Ok, I've read it.

How do you know which of those options are best ?

And what is a TPT anyway ?

It doesn't say....

tpt stands for Total Phone transfer.

It will change the partition sizes,giving you more internal space.

Go for the 200mb system 35mb cache one.

Edited by Guest

Hi,

I've transferred everything I can to sdhc (manage applications) it's rooted and I've got titanium installed.

What's the best/easiest way to gain more on phone storage ?

I'd rather not do anything that will make installing other ROMs more difficult.

Any suggestions ?

I installed link2sd and have no problem at all flashing roms etc, very user friendly!

Guest Atomix86

I was just about to buy one....

Looks like I saved you some money and disappointment ;). Seriously though, the cheapest Android tablet you should ever consider is probably the Advent Vega.

tpt stands for Total Phone transfer.

It will change the partition sizes,giving you more internal space.

Go for the 200mb system 35mb cache one.

tilal6991's CM9 is currently 205MB so be prepared ...

Guest Atomix86
You install a program to phone memory and then move it to sdhc, is it moved entirely or is just part of it moved ?

Depends on the app, sometimes a small chunk remains on the internal memory.

Edited by Atomix86

Guest Atomix86

So, it's possible some 'move to sd' apps do a better job than others ?

Most "homebrew" move to sd methods move the whole thing, while the native one leaves part of it on the memory card, I imagine that's why the native method launches faster. Thats the only benefit aside dfrom the fact the native method doesnt screw up when mouting USB.

Thats the only benefit aside dfrom the fact the native method doesnt screw up when mouting USB.

Well, on stock it is the other way around... On stock + native method there is only one partition on the SD card and thus unmounted in the android OS when the "USB mass storage" option is enabled

Guest Atomix86

Well, on stock it is the other way around... On stock + native method there is only one partition on the SD card and thus unmounted in the android OS when the "USB mass storage" option is enabled

Well obviously, that's because it's mounted to the pc at this point. The alternative is to use a homebrew method, let the ext partition get unmounted then watch helplessly as it messes up for the remainder of the time the phone is on with no access to the apps on the ext partition even if you unmount cleanly and eject from pc first etc. I have never once had the ext partition remount properly when using any method that requires it.

Edited by Atomix86

Guest Skate Away

Do these various methods have any impact on backing up ?

Guest Atomix86
Is it possible to enable internal space as done on this link http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1045824

The HTC Desire has only about 147mb of internal space but now it can have up to 2gig.

Yes, if a dev decides to make it so. That is even worse though having the entire data partition on the SD card, not only for the reasons I mention above, but the speed loss.

Yes, if a dev decides to make it so. That is even worse though having the entire data partition on the SD card, not only for the reasons I mention above, but the speed loss.

So in your opinion what is the best way to go for the max internal sizing at this moment in time?

Guest PedroVader

So in your opinion what is the best way to go for the max internal sizing at this moment in time?

Depending on the ROM you choose, go for one of the TPT's on the forum.

If you're using a ROM that redirects cache, go for one that has a 2mb cache size. If like me you're on CM9/ICS, which doesn't redirect, choose option 2, with a 35mb cache size, leaves plenty of space, for me at least.

Sent from my ICS Skate using Tapatalk

Edited by PedroVader