[ROM] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3)

Guest Zunex

Overall the rom is great, a few graphical glitches and fc's but it is an alpha.

A few points:

1. When typing there is a select input method notification is this an ics feature?

2. A lot of apps still have the old menu style and yellow/orange colour even ones that are 'compatible' with ics.

3. Google Music took ages to sync but the notification in the status bar has album artwork and play controls which is just awesome

4. Much improved stock keyboard, typing this was easy.

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk

Guest Kamikaze.

Some of my thoughts:

-It's smooth and fast!

-WiFi and 3G does work.

-Turning on the USB storage was fast(with GB it took half a minute, with this it took only couple seconds)

-UI is super! So elegant, grey and dark blue. Awesome!(I used ICS theme on CM7 btw... :D )

-"Power menu" has ability to take screenshots, reboot(normally or into recovery)

-I love the bootanimation! Never gonna change it :D

-Keyboard is responsible, and tacticle feedback doesn't have any delay.

-Gapps seems to work.

CONS:

-It keeps propting: Unfortunately Gapps has stopped working".

-Booting time is pretty long. Also there's some kind of a window always which says "Android is Upgrading" and "Optimizing application # of 74". And it's not because of the Gapps installation, it has done it several times at the boot.

-Youtube doesn't seem to work :(

Dolphin HD does not work. Opera Mini does fortunately.

-Installing Titanium Backup is a pain in ass, I downloaded it from Market, and it keeps saying that I don't have SU. I also tried the .apk file of TB on my SD, and it can't be run...

Overall, I like this rom. For now, I'm keeping it If there will be any weird dilemmas I may go back to Burstlam's CM7 rom.

Good work Tom!

Edited by Kamikaze.

Guest oxyg3n89

Must be ics unsupported then..efgi is already installed. Strange thing is only home button works from virtual bars, back&menu are not recognized. Thanks for support!

Yeah, I installed it via Rom Manager and used a dozen root apps no prob. Superuser works fine. If that's what you're doing and it still doesn't work on 2 different ICS roms I'd say it's more likely that the virtual buttons app itself isn't ICS compatible?

Guest targetbsp

How is the battery life on this?

You're joking right? We've had it less than a day. And in that day we've all had to spend hours using it in a non typical way - setting it up, testing, restoring/installing and checking app compatibility. It also doesn't have battery percentage yet (known issue that CM Settings is missing). So... who the heck knows? :D

CONS:

-It keeps propting: Unfortunately Gapps has stopped working".

-Booting time is pretty long. Also there's some kind of a window always which says "Android is Upgrading" and "Optimizing application # of 74". And it's not because of the Gapps installation, it has done it several times at the boot.

I didn't see either of those. My gapps never stopped working and it only did the upgrading the once, after the gapps install. And I rebooted a lot of times. I was using the smaller gapps though for 160mb partition, were you using the larger one with a bigger partition?

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Kamikaze.

You're joking right? We've had it less than a day. And in that day we've all had to spend hours using it in a non typical way - setting it up, testing, restoring/installing and checking app compatibility. It also doesn't have battery percentage yet (known issue that CM Settings is missing). So... who the heck knows? :D

I didn't see either of those. My gapps never stopped working and it only did the upgrading the once, after the gapps install. And I rebooted a lot of times. I was using the smaller gapps though for 160mb partition, were you using the larger one with a bigger partition?

I think it's the larger one.

OK, any idea how I can make TB work? First time I installed it, it said I don't have SU installed, that was ok, I went to Market and downloaded it. But now every time I open TB, it just says I don't have root access(I do, cause SU app works as it should), and there's no "Ask SU request again" option in TB. Is there any way to allow TB manually? Never faced this problem before.( And yes, I tried dl'ing TB from Market, and tried several .apk files downloaded from internet.)

Edit: Oh, wait a minute, it's not TB's fault, Rom Manager also keeps telling me that I have not rooted my device! Now this is weird! Obivously I have rooted :lol: I'm trying to install su again from recovery now. Let's see what'll happen!(fortunately my vacation just started so I have time to play with my phone :lol:)

EDIT 2: whatever, I'mma just wipe it again.

Edited by Kamikaze.

Guest targetbsp

Flash superuser 3.0.7 efghi from rom manager worked for me. Or does it need root to do that? That would be ironic! When I installed CM9, I queued that up in my previous rom, where i already had root, using the advanced add zip mode.

You could download it in rom manager, boot into clockwork and flash it.

Guest Kamikaze.

Flash superuser 3.0.7 efghi from rom manager worked for me. Or does it need root to do that? That would be ironic! When I installed CM9, I queued that up in my previous rom, where i already had root, using the advanced add zip mode.

You could download it in rom manager, boot into clockwork and flash it.

Argh. I tried installing the su.zip from the starting post, it didn't work, Rom Manager says I don't have the friggin' root access. I also tried the su.zip from Rom Manager(Yea, I was able to download it. Altough Rom Manger couldn't do reboot to recovery :D) it worked neither. Imma try older su, hope it works...

Edited by Kamikaze.

Guest rwalton159

Please ignore my ignorance but what is the big thing about this rom.

I use Blue Ginger and its works superbly. However, like many people I like to keep up to date but would want to know what the advantages are.

I really appreciate all the work the creators put into all roms so please don't take this post the wrong way.

Guest Davidoff59

Super user apk is pre installed. The binary that comes pre installed is not suitable for 4.0.3. Going into super user and checking for updates will show an update but it will error out when trying to install it.

The fix is simple. go into rom manager, download the super user efghi binary only, switch off phone, power on with minus volume button, which brings up cwm, install efghi binary zip, reboot, done. The was already covered in the other thread, so people are asking the same questions here that are already answered.

There is no real point giving details of what does and doesn't work. Its clear now what's working. Its for testing purposes only.

Guest Davidoff59

there was no mention of stupidity, just a clear and concise set of instructions to help people in general.

Did you check md5# before installing?

what is going wrong, does it install at all, or does it error out?

reboot into recovery won't work as the binary was wrong. After flashing updated binary, reboot into recovery is restored.

Guest Amphoras

You think I'm that stupid? I already tried that several times. I just can't get it work.

When you try and run an app that needs root, does it give you the prompt asking for permission, or does nothing at all happen? If it shows the prompt the first time, make sure you aren't clicking deny, the options have swapped sides. I did that a few times and couldn't work out what was going wrong.

Guest Kamikaze.

It does boot into recovery manually, but not via Rom Manager(because it thinks I don't have the root access). Also one other problem, I can't install anything from Market. "Insufficent storage space blablabla", I wiped Dalavik, but when I boot it again, it starts loading Google apps, and voilá, again the same damn error.

Guest Kamikaze.

did you try installing the zip after rebooting into recovery manually, just as you would install a rom?

Yes I did. I think it's some sort of a bug that only occurs on my phone. Maybe I should restore my previous rom and try this again when it's more stable or something. Right now there's nothing I can do :angry:

1.battery life is great but just bec everything isnt working .when we have more things working then it will be tested better .

2.my gapps work fine also.

I think it's the larger one.

OK, any idea how I can make TB work? First time I installed it, it said I don't have SU installed, that was ok, I went to Market and downloaded it. But now every time I open TB, it just says I don't have root access(I do, cause SU app works as it should), and there's no "Ask SU request again" option in TB. Is there any way to allow TB manually? Never faced this problem before.( And yes, I tried dl'ing TB from Market, and tried several .apk files downloaded from internet.)

Edit: Oh, wait a minute, it's not TB's fault, Rom Manager also keeps telling me that I have not rooted my device! Now this is weird! Obivously I have rooted :lol: I'm trying to install su again from recovery now. Let's see what'll happen!(fortunately my vacation just started so I have time to play with my phone :lol:)

EDIT 2: whatever, I'mma just wipe it again.

i have the larger gapps.zip but with 215mb partition size ,unless you are using them with 160mb partitiong size

Argh. I tried installing the su.zip from the starting post, it didn't work, Rom Manager says I don't have the friggin' root access. I also tried the su.zip from Rom Manager(Yea, I was able to download it. Altough Rom Manger couldn't do reboot to recovery :D) it worked neither. Imma try older su, hope it works...

Forget the su or whatever from first post.it has been working for me and many others the superuser 3.0.7 efgi so just download that and then reboot into CWM and install it.(you will find the zip in one of the folders of CWM)

Please ignore my ignorance but what is the big thing about this rom.

I use Blue Ginger and its works superbly. However, like many people I like to keep up to date but would want to know what the advantages are.

I really appreciate all the work the creators put into all roms so please don't take this post the wrong way.

well for now we cant tell advantages because not almost everything is working but i can tell you 1 thing for now :)

ITS JUST MORE COOL :D

Super user apk is pre installed. The binary that comes pre installed is not suitable for 4.0.3. Going into super user and checking for updates will show an update but it will error out when trying to install it.

The fix is simple. go into rom manager, download the super user efghi binary only, switch off phone, power on with minus volume button, which brings up cwm, install efghi binary zip, reboot, done. The was already covered in the other thread, so people are asking the same questions here that are already answered.

There is no real point giving details of what does and doesn't work. Its clear now what's working. Its for testing purposes only.

+1

but not the binary only bec when i tried it in the begin (when i wanted to install it from CWM it didnt show me the dowmloaded file somewhere ) so i downloaded superuser 3.0.7 efgi from rom manager ,rebooted into CWM and installed the file and everything is working fine from the begin :)

You think I'm that stupid? I already tried that several times. I just can't get it work.

yes davidoff59 is right!nobody think you are stupid but we are telling u all the time what to install and you install other things and just keep asking the same thing .if one method didnt work then try another !

what partition size you have btw ? 160mb or 215 mb ?

Guest Davidoff59

(when i wanted to install it from CWM it didnt show me the dowmloaded file somewhere )

Jeddy1, Im not sure if I understand that correctly but in case I am reading it wrong, the downloaded superuser updated binary is stored in,

clockworkmod/

download/

downloads.androidsu.com/

superuser/

and then you will see the file that you downloaded

Guest timfimjim

Definitely trying this as soon as I get home from work... Sounds very promising, considering the source came out only a few days ago and it's only being worked on by one guy!