[ROM] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3)

Guest Zunex

Guest timfimjim

I had upgrade my blade from gen-1 to gen-2 quite sometimes ago, and now i cant remember with partition it has. 160mb? 210mb? i have no idea. anyway to check it?

If you have root access, go on Titanium backup. On the main screen, Overview, at the bottom it will tell you your System ROM: which is your partition, followed by how much free space you have in brackets.

(when i wanted to install it from CWM it didnt show me the dowmloaded file somewhere )

Jeddy1, Im not sure if I understand that correctly but in case I am reading it wrong, the downloaded superuser updated binary is stored in,

clockworkmod/

download/

downloads.androidsu.com/

superuser/

and then you will see the file that you downloaded

yes i know where exactly it would be ;) but i download it twice in the begin and it wasnt there .nevermind bec i have root so i dont care :) but just to help others

Guest wesleyjah

Argh. I tried installing the su.zip from the starting post, it didn't work, Rom Manager says I don't have the friggin' root access. I also tried the su.zip from Rom Manager(Yea, I was able to download it. Altough Rom Manger couldn't do reboot to recovery :D) it worked neither. Imma try older su, hope it works...

You can boot to recovery from the menu, you know when you press the fysical power off/on key on top of your phone or you can to the classical one with Power key and volume key.

Sorry if this is mentioned before, then please ignore

Edited by wesleyjah

Guest birdibird

with me maps is working, while on the op is stated not!

I installed it manual from the gapps zip

gmail is working but doesn't load mail, I think because of Browser not working

same with Facebook: no content

talk FC-ing.

you guys got gmail working?

what would be an alternative for gmail?

Guest jonas.lindberg

with me maps is working, while on the op is stated not!

I installed it manual from the gapps zip

gmail is working but doesn't load mail, I think because of Browser not working

same with Facebook: no content

talk FC-ing.

you guys got gmail working?

what would be an alternative for gmail?

I'm having the same problems here, you could use Gmail through some browser (not the stock one though).

By the way, will we have updates to the ROM from TomG when he releases them? Who has contact with him?

I'm having the same problems here, you could use Gmail through some browser (not the stock one though).

By the way, will we have updates to the ROM from TomG when he releases them? Who has contact with him?

Same here.. Gmail not fully working, and calendar not syncing... :S but maps work

Guest Davidoff59

Its very doubtful that we get another release for a while as this wasnt meant to be widely available to the public as mentioned by Felix_L.

I had some success with Gmaps, but the map would not redraw when gps was enabled. When gps, was switched off, the map would redraw and show my location perfectly. When gps switched on again, the map would not draw.

Contacting the CM team will only distract them. Asking them when it will be ready wont speed up the progress, so I say enjoy what you have now, and have patience while stability is improved. Releasing a Broken rom will lead to a deluge of support requests when things dont work, hence why its not been released properly.

It will only be released when they are in a position to support it.

Guest wesleyjah

Can someone explain the differents(in use)between Gmail and the default mail app. Because the default one works fine with my gmail account.

Edited by wesleyjah

Guest Kamikaze.

yes davidoff59 is right!nobody think you are stupid but we are telling u all the time what to install and you install other things and just keep asking the same thing .if one method didnt work then try another !

what partition size you have btw ? 160mb or 215 mb ?

Yeah, sorry about that :D. My partition size is 160mb, would the other one be better? I didn't quite understand the first post. I tried several su packages(two different zips from Rom Manager, one found from androidsu.com and one found from goo.go or whatever), but none of them actually worked.

Guest targetbsp

Contacting the CM team will only distract them. Asking them when it will be ready wont speed up the progress, so I say enjoy what you have now, and have patience while stability is improved. Releasing a Broken rom will lead to a deluge of support requests when things dont work, hence why its not been released properly.

Oh heck yeah no-one go bothering the CM guys about any issues with this. The fact that it's leaked just gives us something interesting for us to play with and reassures us CM9 is coming. If they wanted our feedback on it, they'd have given it to us themselves. I'm sure they're already aware of what needs fixed on it and don't need bothered by us. :)

Dont ask again when next releases will be on !!!

this thread was opened just bec cm9 get mentioned in AOSP ICS thread!!

Its very doubtful that we get another release for a while as this wasnt meant to be widely available to the public as mentioned by Felix_L.

I had some success with Gmaps, but the map would not redraw when gps was enabled. When gps, was switched off, the map would redraw and show my location perfectly. When gps switched on again, the map would not draw.

NO FelixL didnt mention it here ! he is moderator in Android-hilfe.de and he opened there a thread with the permission of TomG(this is just info btw)

i agree with u for not bothering anyone of cm team or AOSP ICS builders !

Can someone explain the differents(in use)between Gmail and the default mail app. Because the default one works fine with my gmail account.

the difference is that the e-mail app u can use it with any e-mail account u have but gmail just with gmail account !

Yeah, sorry about that :D. My partition size is 160mb, would the other one be better? I didn't quite understand the first post. I tried several su packages(two different zips from Rom Manager, one found from androidsu.com and one found from goo.go or whatever), but none of them actually worked.

yes i am sure u installed rom and gapps which are 57-60mb yes !!?

anyway just TPT with 215mb and you are ready to go :)!

Guest birdibird

the solution of using the Email app for Gmail works perfect!

anyone has a solution to use apps2sd or s2e or something?

both are not working.

I would like to move my apps to ext

Edited by birdibird

the solution of using the Email app for Gmail works perfect!

anyone has a solution to use apps2sd or s2e or something?

both are not working.

I would like to move my apps to ext

move them to ur sdcard directly ! it have this option in the settings!

Guest jonas.lindberg

Dont ask again when next releases will be on !!!

this thread was opened just bec cm9 get mentioned in AOSP ICS thread!!

I did nothing but ask IF there would be a release, not WHEN. Didn't want to bother anyone, was just thinking if FelixL, or TomG himself, would get his hands on an updated build through his contact with TomG and if so hand it over to us (or that german forum).

I did nothing but ask IF there would be a release, not WHEN. Didn't want to bother anyone, was just thinking if FelixL, or TomG himself, would get his hands on an updated build through his contact with TomG and if so hand it over to us (or that german forum).

yes that is missing also so u ask WHEN ! anyway

just so u know if there would be a release then or if already would be then it will be mentioned in our threads !

Guest birdibird

move them to ur sdcard directly ! it have this option in the settings!

I know that setting, but that is moving to the sd fat32 partition, which in my case is quite full

(and I moved already some apps there too)

So, I want to move the apps to the ext3 partition!

Guest Davidoff59

NO FelixL didnt mention it here ! he is moderator in Android-hilfe.de and he opened there a thread with the permission of TomG(this is just info btw)

i agree with u for not bothering anyone of cm team or AOSP ICS builders !

Davidoff59

yes since we have found the way to germany he say !!! bec one user mention it @modaco and then i asked about cm9 at AOSP ICS discussing thread !!!

edit: and now that u say it watch one post more up where he wrote all that !is that my name or i am wrong ?

edit :anyway i dont wanna say anything with this and the rom came how it came and i dont wanna discuss now how it reached here .let just get on topic ;)

Edited by jeddy1

Guest wrtease

well its done and dusted .lets say its a very good rom and breaths new life into the blade and the user .its good.not perfect but working.and thats what counts ,progress is about others using and saying what can be bugs and failures of not doing this and that. well i like it and thats fine by me.others will say its good or bad ,but please remmber its a alpha cm9 and not fully complete ,but thats why you try it out and say keep it or return to stable rom .but its free so dont knock it down when you get it for free. .

thanks to the dev and hope he or she is doing a good job for free .thank you.