Keep your GFs away

Guest nelles

... mine just dropped the tablet and cracked the glass.

I've searched and sifted through modaco and xdev, but it seems there is no replacement ...

anyone got any new info on the mysterious digitiser and possible compatible replacement ?

anyone got broken vega with working digitiser ?

Guest IanTurner

If she has any decency she will replace it herself, the tablet not the touch panel. One should be careful with other peoples property even boyfriends. The only option for replacement touch panels is broken Vegas on fleabay. While you can get replacements for more popular devices such as the ipad the cost is a fair percentage of the cost of a new device.

If she has any decency she will replace it herself, the tablet not the touch panel. One should be careful with other peoples property even boyfriends. The only option for replacement touch panels is broken Vegas on fleabay. While you can get replacements for more popular devices such as the ipad the cost is a fair percentage of the cost of a new device.

What bothers me is the "throwaway society" syndrome... the tablet itself is working perfectly, cpu, memory, display, even touch works ...

Guest IanTurner

Yup, hey have no sense of value in part because they don't see the cost of their smartphones as that's hidden in the cost of a phone contract.

The number of broken screens tends to indicate that large touch screen devices are still not really ready for the non tech market until they start using a

more resilient material

Guest richardmlea

Its a bit late now but you can get gadget cover for the Vega for £3.79 per month from a well known gadget insurer that advertises on TV.

Seems good value for something so fragile.

Maybe you could get it for your next Vega ;)

Just to give you an Idea of what you will have to pay for one on ebay. One went for £84 about a week ago :blink: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130614962445?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

That did include an LCD but the are available so the High price was because of the touchscreen.

I cant find it in my ebay now but one went about a month ago (just the digitiser) for £62.

Edited by richardmlea

Guest richardmlea

You should be able to buy girlfriend insurance for moments like this but unfortunatly they dont sell it. :lol:

Edited by richardmlea

Its a bit late now but you can get gadget cover for the Vega for £3.79 per month from a well known gadget insurer that advertises on TV.

Seems good value for something so fragile.

Maybe you could get it for your next Vega ;)

Just to give you an Idea of what you will have to pay for one on ebay. One went for £84 about a week ago :blink: http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2649

That did include an LCD but the are available so the High price was because of the touchscreen.

I cant find it in my ebay now but one went about a month ago (just the digitiser) for £62.

omg ... i was prepared for steep, but that is insane ...

then maybe its better to start looking for a new tab... is there anything better out there or should i just buy the same ...

Guest richardmlea

maybe this can help some of you.

Viewsonic Viewpad 10s touch Screen Digitizer glass lens

http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_1797wt_1163

as soon I got the spare money I'll buy one ;)

if someone tries them, report back pls.

Well spotted melted.

Thats going to help quite a few poeple on here included me.

expensive but as they seem to have the only ones for sale they can charge what they like.

Edited by richardmlea