Photo

[ROM / 2.3.1] Stripped AndyPad Pro ROM 4 (January 18)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Tichy

Tichy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:Andypad Pro
  • Twitter:@1275ce
I had the same error as you sboh247 when using v4. I had to send it back for a repair anyway, so just put Stock ROM back on anyway.

I've got mine back now (or a replacement one anyway) and i'll be sticking on v3b until v4b or v5 comes out.

Is there any news on an update?

Csharpe

Csharpe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire, AndyPad
Yes, there are some problems in v4 with the rootfs flags, which I still have to change in boot.img...
I just don't have the time right now to work on this :) I'm loaded with work right now.
Maybe in a month or so I can do another update, in meanwhile, for those curious, just uncomment the line in init.rc #rootfs ro, with rw flag instead, that should fix most of the issues.

Keep in mind that init.rc from /etc/ is just a symlink from boot partition but cannot be changed. This needs repacking of the cpio ramdisk.

Edited by Csharpe, 05 March 2012 - 08:05 PM.

Posted Image

sboh247

sboh247

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Pulse Mini, Andypad Pro

Yes, there are some problems in v4 with the rootfs flags, which I still have to change in boot.img...
I just don't have the time right now to work on this :) I'm loaded with work right now.
Maybe in a month or so I can do another update, in meanwhile, for those curious, just uncomment the line in init.rc #rootfs ro, with rw flag instead, that should fix most of the issues.

Keep in mind that init.rc from /etc/ is just a symlink from boot partition but cannot be changed. This needs repacking of the cpio ramdisk.

WHAT!!! is that some magic spell from Hogwarts, Mr Harry Potter?? :D I'll just wait for your update. Many thanks for this ROM, muchly appreciated.

pabc

pabc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I've tried V4 and it was a little unstable on my t760.

V3b however seems fine - except the touch screen is inverted on the x-axis. To click an app on the top right of the screen I need to click the top left. Plug in a USB mouse and that works as expected.

Is there an easy way to fix that so I can carry on using V3b with my fingers instead of the mouse?

Csharpe

Csharpe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

I've tried V4 and it was a little unstable on my t760.

V3b however seems fine - except the touch screen is inverted on the x-axis. To click an app on the top right of the screen I need to click the top left. Plug in a USB mouse and that works as expected.

Is there an easy way to fix that so I can carry on using V3b with my fingers instead of the mouse?

Yeah, v4 seems rather unstable... All I'm waiting for is a new AP release, but it doesn't seem like that'll be soon.
As for the inverted screen, it's due to the inverted driver in the kernel. If you really want to use this specific ROM, you'll have to replace the kernel.img yourself with the official pre-SDK2 release from Teclast.

Although, if you own a T760, there are much better ROMs out there than the one I've put together for AP, simply because the T760 kernel is maintained up to 3.x & has the newer SDK2 implementations (and even beta ICS).
For those T760 roms you can always checkout Slatedroid.

All I would need is the newer Teclast kernel source (the 3.0 sources or higher) so I can easily port Android 4 to AP too... Sadly enough, I'm afraid that's not going to happen.

Posted Image

pabc

pabc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Yeah, v4 seems rather unstable... All I'm waiting for is a new AP release, but it doesn't seem like that'll be soon.
As for the inverted screen, it's due to the inverted driver in the kernel. If you really want to use this specific ROM, you'll have to replace the kernel.img yourself with the official pre-SDK2 release from Teclast.

Although, if you own a T760, there are much better ROMs out there than the one I've put together for AP, simply because the T760 kernel is maintained up to 3.x & has the newer SDK2 implementations (and even beta ICS).
For those T760 roms you can always checkout Slatedroid.

All I would need is the newer Teclast kernel source (the 3.0 sources or higher) so I can easily port Android 4 to AP too... Sadly enough, I'm afraid that's not going to happen.

I've used the official teclast ROMs and those customized by users of the slatedroid forum - even though they are newer your 3b seems the most stable! ICS 4.03 has a lot, and I mean a lot, of FCs.

I have a pre-SDK2 kernel so will try that over the weekend - thanks for explaining why I'm getting the error.

Can I just select the older kernel when flashing or do I need to change the parameter files to adjust for (pressumably) the different filesizes?

Csharpe

Csharpe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

I've used the official teclast ROMs and those customized by users of the slatedroid forum - even though they are newer your 3b seems the most stable! ICS 4.03 has a lot, and I mean a lot, of FCs.

I have a pre-SDK2 kernel so will try that over the weekend - thanks for explaining why I'm getting the error.

Can I just select the older kernel when flashing or do I need to change the parameter files to adjust for (pressumably) the different filesizes?

You don't have to change the parameter file. There's a 16MB block for the kernel which should be plenty of space.

Posted Image

pabc

pabc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
cheers - I'll try this weekend then

sboh247

sboh247

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
hi Csharpe, i know you mentioned you have a lot work to do at the moment and i understand that. i am just hoping to get the update you mentioned soon. pls don't give up on the andypad yet. thanks.

Csharpe

Csharpe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hey guys, I know it's been a while... I've been working on Boot To Gecko and some other OS.
I got hold of Astralix again and he got most of the kernel code cleaned up & working for the Odys loox.
He's now helping me port it to AP so we can use CM9/AOSP ICS and other roms, as with a working kernel we can make it run anything (in theory).

Expect some results. (soon, I hope)

Posted Image

Tony_J

Tony_J

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:Andy Pad, HTC Desire S

Hey guys, I know it's been a while... I've been working on Boot To Gecko and some other OS.
I got hold of Astralix again and he got most of the kernel code cleaned up & working for the Odys loox.
He's now helping me port it to AP so we can use CM9/AOSP ICS and other roms, as with a working kernel we can make it run anything (in theory).

Expect some results. (soon, I hope)

That is great news - we are waiting eagerly!

Regards,
Tony

Tichy

Tichy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
If there is any testing you need done please feel free to give us a shout.

Csharpe

Csharpe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
The kernel boots the OS now with adb access in ICS, but the LCD driver's still 'crap' so there's no interface...
I've tried plenty of clock-speeds for the LCD but no results, and the datasheet lacks porches (we all love Chinese hardware...).
Plenty of work just came in so development might be stalled a bit, I'm sorry.

Posted Image

sboh247

sboh247

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
thanks for trying and all your efforts are really appreciated. hope the issues can be resolved somehow.

Tichy

Tichy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Hey guys, I'm still running v3b on my pad, but i'm unable to get the HDMI working.

Have you come across this before?

sboh247

sboh247

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I just don't have the time right now to work on this Posted Image I'm loaded with work right now.

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me with a step-by-step procedure on how to root my andypad properly as instructed from the quoted post above. I have done searches but I havent found anything to lead me in the right direction. Thanks.

Edited by sboh247, 02 May 2012 - 09:51 AM.

spacejammed

spacejammed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:advent vega, Andy pad pro
Bought the Standard and took back today, getting pro on monday but some questions,

1. Do i need to update this rom stage at a time, i.e v2, v3, v4 or can I put V4 straight on?
2. Do i need to install android market place or is this in the Rom, If not how do I do that?
3. Will this make it run better.?
4. is there a idiots guide to installing the ROM?

Thanks in advance

Csharpe

Csharpe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Bought the Standard and took back today, getting pro on monday but some questions,

1. Do i need to update this rom stage at a time, i.e v2, v3, v4 or can I put V4 straight on?
2. Do i need to install android market place or is this in the Rom, If not how do I do that?
3. Will this make it run better.?
4. is there a idiots guide to installing the ROM?

Thanks in advance

You don't have to install previous ROMS to use one or another. Although, I'd advise you to use v3 since v4 has instability issues due to wrong rootfs mount.
I'm not sure what AP ships their tablets with nowadays, but generally this roms runs 'faster' and has less bloatware installed. As for the guide, just follow the steps on the first page :)

Also, AP just tweeted that they'll release ICS this weekend, so we might get more stability after all. Let's all hope they didn't mess with the basic ICS layouts.

Posted Image

Tony_J

Tony_J

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:Andy Pad, HTC Desire S

Also, AP just tweeted that they'll release ICS this weekend, so we might get more stability after all. Let's all hope they didn't mess with the basic ICS layouts.

Hi Csharpe -

Assuming that ICS is forthcoming in the next few days, will there be any complication in installing it for those of us that took advantage of installing one of your ROMs? (for which many thanks BTW - I have been running V4 for a while & haven't found it to be unstable as yet!)

Regards,
Tony

Csharpe

Csharpe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Hi Csharpe -

Assuming that ICS is forthcoming in the next few days, will there be any complication in installing it for those of us that took advantage of installing one of your ROMs? (for which many thanks BTW - I have been running V4 for a while & haven't found it to be unstable as yet!)

Regards,
Tony

There won't be any trouble upgrading as long as they provide their updates in the original RK29 format, so the official way to update the tablet.
It's impossible that they release the update trough andyapp anyway, since that doesn't have the privilege to flash a rom.

Posted Image

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users