Change sd card keeping all data and programs installed with link2sd

Guest ltpitt

Hi all!

I have an 8 gb memory card and I've just bought a 16 gb...

I'd like to move all my old programs and data to the new sd so I've partitioned it using Amon Ra recovery and I put it into my ubuntu netbook.

I've copied all data in the fat partition without problems, when I've started copying data from the old ext3 to the new ext3 it says that I have not the permission to read those files :/

What could I do?

Thanks!

Guest TechnoLover

make with the old sdcard a nand+ext backup, copy the backup on the new sdcard and restore the system ;)

otherwise try to copy everything as root because the folder on the sdcard were made by root ;)

make with the old sdcard a nand+ext backup, copy the backup on the new sdcard and restore the system ;)

otherwise try to copy everything as root because the folder on the sdcard were made by root ;)

I'm dumb and you're always priceless.

a simple

sudo cp

did the job :D

Thanks a lot.

Guest xmaxxmax

I'm dumb and you're always priceless.

a simple

sudo cp

did the job :D

Thanks a lot.

Hi, i've cmw recovery but i'am unable to backup my sd-ext (recovery doesn't found it). Which recovery version did you use?

Thanks.

Guest xmaxxmax

If anyone is still using 2.2 and want's to back-up ext2 partition see this http://android.modac...t-backup-error/

Look at post 13 where kozmic solves it.

Dunno if it is a 2.2 vs. CWM thing but it works.

I followed that "guide" but (with amonra 2.2 / t&l metal 2.3.6 / link2sd) it skip sd-ext anyway. it report "error: run nandroid-mobile.sh via adb".

Has anyone another solution?

I followed that "guide" but (with amonra 2.2 / t&l metal 2.3.6 / link2sd) it skip sd-ext anyway. it report "error: run nandroid-mobile.sh via adb".

Has anyone another solution?

1.) Download ES File Explorer

2.) Go into settings

3.) Put it into 'Root Explorer' and tick 'Mount File System'.

4.) Go into /system

5.) Create a folder called 'sd'.

6.) Try again to create backup.

Guest xmaxxmax

1.) Download ES File Explorer

2.) Go into settings

3.) Put it into 'Root Explorer' and tick 'Mount File System'.

4.) Go into /system

5.) Create a folder called 'sd'.

6.) Try again to create backup.

Nothing, same error mad.gif.

• 1 year later...
Guest chris1729

make with the old sdcard a nand+ext backup, copy the backup on the new sdcard and restore the system wink.gif

otherwise try to copy everything as root because the folder on the sdcard were made by root wink.gif

Excellent! This has just worked for me, and no doubt saved me hours of messing around.

For beginners (like me), your new card needs to be partitioned first. I used Minitool to partition mine, splitting 8gb into 3.6gb FAT (for data) and a 3.6gb ext2 (I think it was 2) partition.

I am using clockword mod.

If you ARE a beginner, it's worth being aware that this process will wipe, then replace, your operating system. Provided that the process works, everything will be as you left it. However, if something went wrong half way through, e.g. battery died, you may end up having to re-install Android..... I think.

Just be careful, anyway.

However, it worked for me and I'm delighted! My Samsung Galaxy Ace now has 3.6gb of memory for apps!