AndyPad reset

Guest Bill A

Well the nightmare scenario has happened.

Looking to wrap present for 7 year old Daughter and cannot login to AndyPad using password used previously. Stroke gesture I use on all Android devices not being recognised and using google id isn't recognisig credentials.

Is there a way to reset device so that I can re configure and have available for tomorrow.

After initialy configuring I put away in box and opened yesterday to charge up ready for it to be unwrapped tomorrrow. Time and Date is wrong on home screen and I cannot get successfully logged in to reset and use.

At a loss what to try now as with Windows OS I could just reinstall, Kindle I could phone customer services to unlock, and my iPad i could wipe on my PC and re-sync.

What is the equivalent for the AP Pro?

Guys I'm up against it here and would greatly appreciate a miracle!

Guest Csharpe

Well the nightmare scenario has happened.

Looking to wrap present for 7 year old Daughter and cannot login to AndyPad using password used previously. Stroke gesture I use on all Android devices not being recognised and using google id isn't recognisig credentials.

Is there a way to reset device so that I can re configure and have available for tomorrow.

After initialy configuring I put away in box and opened yesterday to charge up ready for it to be unwrapped tomorrrow. Time and Date is wrong on home screen and I cannot get successfully logged in to reset and use.

At a loss what to try now as with Windows OS I could just reinstall, Kindle I could phone customer services to unlock, and my iPad i could wipe on my PC and re-sync.

What is the equivalent for the AP Pro?

Guys I'm up against it here and would greatly appreciate a miracle!

* If you're using a pin on the lockscreen, and the device already had a Google account synced, you could unlock it by entering wrong pin untill it asks you to reset by Google Account.

* I did some testing for you (wiped my own device successfully heh) by creating a little custom rom. Keep in mind that this will also wipe your installed applications

Download: http://dl.dropbox.co...andypad_pro.zip

How this goes is:

1.) Make sure the device is powered off (if you can't get it off due to lock, put a needle in the power reset).

2.) While keeping Volume-Up pressed, plug the device into your PC

3.) If Windows doesn't recognize the tablet, point it to the driver folder (with correct architecture) included in the download

4.) Open RkAndroidTool.exe (As Administrator), and use the following setup:

* Point parameter to the parameter file in Image folder

* Point misc.img to the one in Image folder

5.) Press Run.

Your device should go in recovery mode now & start wiping data. Keep it plugged in until it says 'Charging'. You can now unplug the device and power it on as usual with a clean Android setup.

Hope I helped you out with your christmas present ;) gl

If you want a full wipe with newest market, you can also flash the stripped rom version in the other thread.

andypad_reset.png

Edited by Csharpe

* If you're using a pin on the lockscreen, and the device already had a Google account synced, you could unlock it by entering wrong pin untill it asks you to reset by Google Account.

* If not, you'll have to wipe the device by flashing the stock ROM (which AndyPad team doesn't provide, I know they are awesome *ahum*) or I think it's possible by just flashing misc.img. I'll do some testing and I'll let you know how it went.

Many thanks it'd be a life saver if I could get it back in some semblence of order. I'm getting the evil eye from my better half and am hoping above all hope for a way to turn the situation around :-)

What's worrying me is that it doesn't recognise the google id credentials. If it's happened once it could happen again

Guest Csharpe

Many thanks it'd be a life saver if I could get it back in some semblence of order. I'm getting the evil eye from my better half and am hoping above all hope for a way to turn the situation around :-)

What's worrying me is that it doesn't recognise the google id credentials. If it's happened once it could happen again

Well there's been some trouble with the google sync on the earlier rom releases. I've edited my post and above should get it up and running again :) biggest problem with the AndyPads is that the support team doesn't give any support whatsoever, and I haven't seen a single ROM release since they've started.

Well there's been some trouble with the google sync on the earlier rom releases. I've edited my post and above should get it up and running again :) biggest problem with the AndyPads is that the support team doesn't give any support whatsoever, and I haven't seen a single ROM release since they've started.

Thank you for your assistance in getting access to the AndyPad.

I am very relieved not to be disappointing my daughter and being able to have her use the Kindle App and get used to the tablet.

Your kind and courteous assistance and expert prompt advice has been of immense use and I thank you profusely.

Please have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year and enjoy a drink or treet of your choice with our gratitude.

Many thanks Bill and Debbie

(Very grateful techie parents :-) )

P.S. Some of these steps I'd looked at this morning (about 3AM (v. tired Dad) and the deal breaker was to remember on x64 bit Windows 8 to remember to run the ROM tool as administrator! ;-)

Guest Csharpe

Thank you for your assistance in getting access to the AndyPad.

I am very relieved not to be disappointing my daughter and being able to have her use the Kindle App and get used to the tablet.

Your kind and courteous assistance and expert prompt advice has been of immense use and I thank you profusely.

Please have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year and enjoy a drink or treet of your choice with our gratitude.

Many thanks Bill and Debbie

(Very grateful techie parents :-) )

P.S. Some of these steps I'd looked at this morning (about 3AM (v. tired Dad) and the deal breaker was to remember on x64 bit Windows 8 to remember to run the ROM tool as administrator! ;-)

Thank you, I hope your can enjoy Christmas with at least a working tablet now wink.gif Also, I'm not sure which version you're running right now, but if yours doesn't have Market anymore, make sure to checkout the custom rom. (but keep in mind it'll wipe previous ones)

I forgot to mention to run it as Admin mode (I'll add it to the guide), since I've always disabled UAC.

Kind regards,

Thank you, I hope your can enjoy Christmas with at least a working tablet now wink.gif Also, I'm not sure which version you're running right now, but if yours doesn't have Market anymore, make sure to checkout the custom rom. (but keep in mind it'll wipe previous ones)

I forgot to mention to run it as Admin mode (I'll add it to the guide), since I've always disabled UAC.

Kind regards,

At 3AM after getting evils from the better half I was forgetting m'self :-) All is now setup ready to be discovered after Santa delivery and i've relinquished control for wrapping to commence Many Thanks and AndyPad do I believe owe you one :-)