Hi my sister got a vega for christmas, anyway im planning on putting honeyice on it, well I heard that there is a wifi issue in honeyice and I have to boot first into vegacomb, set it up then boot back into recovery and install the honeyice update, problem is that once I am in vegacomb I can not boot into recovery (could when I was in modded stock- Android 2.2) , I hold the power button for 3 odd seconds until the dialogue comes up and select recovery, all that it does is reboot back into vegacomb, no grey screen aka stale boot
So far I have tried
- Reinstalling moddedstock v2, same issue occurs
- Reinstalling clockworkmod using vegatools, the error "segmentation fault" appears
- Using vegatools to boot into clockworkmod, the error recovery 2 not found appears, reboots back into vegacomb like if I done it from the tablet
- Flashing recovery from the tablet, flashed fine but would still reboot back into vegacomb when selecting the recovery option
- Flashing recovery in the boot partition, failed to boot and needed to reflash back to modded stock
My aunt also got a vega for Christmas and I had no issue installing honeyice or getting into recovery and I also had a vega since January
I guess I can leave vegacomb on it but if I cant boot into recovery then how can I apply any future updates, I cant keep starting from scratch and setting it up everytime there is an update
anyway if I
install vegacomb then honeyice = wifi says error install vegacomb then update 3 then honeyice, same issue
So I assume that the problem is that vegacomb needs to boot first before applying honeyice, problem is that I now cant boot into recovery, all it does is reboot itself (honeyice is also the same so I have to start afresh each time)
Also tried using the adb and it says recovery_2 not found, ive tried flashing recovery again and still wont work, what is the problem here?
I have also got a vega which I got last january and that can boot into recovery fine
Edited by Richard_Arkless, 31 December 2011 - 12:59 AM.