Andy_E, on 04 January 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:
I mentioned your tale of woe on the Tabletroms site and Cass has come up with another suggestion:
id be interested to see the result of the partition dump after the setrecovery command is run and then flashed to non working tablet as thats what id be testing initially...
He's going to be taking a look himself so any pointers will be helpful (might save you that drive to PC world)
so basically on a working Vega:
setrecovery boot-recovery recovery
dump_image misc misc.img
on non-working Vega:
flash_image misc misc.img
(unfortunately your working Vega will now boot into recovery - I know of no way to clear the "boot-recovery" command)
Sorry for the delay, its been a long day and have been catching up on college work which I should have started before christmas
Anyway on the working tablet I
1. typed in the setrecovery bit which wrote at block 0 fine,
2. then at the dump image command it showed "error opening misc.img"
3. so I looked up that error and found people solved it by specifying where to store it so instead I typed dump_image misc /sdcard/misc.img
and it was fine then
On the non-working vega
1. I cd to the sdcard and give the terminal root permission
2. run the flash_image command and a long list of mtd: successfully wrote block at x
3. Type reboot and it reboots back into vegacomb
Tried reboot recover, rebooting from menu and recovery from menu and same
Edited by Richard_Arkless, 04 January 2012 - 11:52 PM.