[ROM] [07-02] TripNiCE "The next level" 004B | ICS 4.0.3 | PURE AOSP

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest MartijnGP

would installing another camera app work?

I tried some, most of them give a full grey image.

However, there are apps that take the picture directly from the video stream in order to be faster. Those should work, however I haven't tested one of these.

Btw, this is the first time ever that my Whatsapp list scrolls without jerking! :P Tranks Trip, awesome job.

Edited by MartijnGP

Guest BummAround

Full wipe, super wipe, fix permissions.... handcent (3rd party sms app), as well as video playback using the stock app produce "tiles" bug.

I believe the so-called "embedded webview" is the cuplrit of erroneous rendering.

I found out that embedded webviews just dont rendeder appropriatly. thats the reason gmail (among other apps) dosent work well.

Ok so the web page rendering problem still exists everywhere except in the browser it self, any app that uses a browser window will have the 4 windows bug thingy... reporting in,

Will wait for an update, patiently.

Edited by BummAround

Guest phillthorpe1

Simply looking at after market.

yea it was hanging so i uninstalled and reinstalled and it appears to be working now.

didnt understand you first post when you said "it took roboto" lol , never heard of that font sorry.

thanks anyway!

Guest phillthorpe1

yea it was hanging so i uninstalled and reinstalled and it appears to be working now.

didnt understand you first post when you said "it took roboto" lol , never heard of that font sorry.

thanks anyway!

woohoooooo! all systems are go! with this and K-9 Mail for gmail things are lookin good :o))

Guest phillthorpe1

Anyone else noticed that you can now pull down the notification bar at the lockscreen without unlocking your phone?

that is a new ics feature, its on all the ics roms.

Guest rogoshin

thanks anyway!

I found a app called Roboto but it is a game, can that be right?

Guest phillthorpe1

I found a app called Roboto but it is a game, can that be right?

its called "Font Installer", you install Font Installer and the run it and install the

"Roboto" font.

Guest schwederino

I cant get the gmail app to work properly.

At first I tried flashing the gapps and fixing permission but mails in gmail still looked messed up.

After that I tried a clean install without flashing the gapps and now opening the gmail app causes a reboot!?

Other than that the rom feels extremely fast! Great work trip!

edit: After the reboot my home button stopped working. (I still get a haptic feedback but nothing happens!)

Edited by schwederino

oh wow! brilliant work Trip:) alot of improvements since first beta build. ! well done once again , been following you on twitter for a while

everything works great , no browser errors no gmail or mail errors

camera is working somehow ( but FC the first time for me )

when installing TripNraveR Rom :

1: Factory reset

2: Delete Cache/data/system/Davik/

3: back up/ Format SD card ( but left 1 folder Clockworkmod)

4: Flash with Trips Rom

5: Flash with Trips Google Addon package from first Beta which was released on 25/12/11)

6; Didn't reboot straight after , go back into recovery mode : Fix permissions x2 / Reset Battery Statistics /

7: Restart the Phone , pass the installation and so on .. when asked to set up email during installation skip it . set up later on .

when tried opening camera , taking picture , it took it then crashed , ive booted into recovery mode and navigate thrue menu , Fix permissions clicked twice .

restarted phone . , camera work great .:) , video recording doesnt work . Browser working perfect .

Hope this helps for some :)

To TripNraveR : 1 question . if its possible maybe some people interested as well as me . to have Audio Beats integrated into music player . I know the ICS ASOP have problem with it , , but is it possible to install sock Senses Music Player ( themes a bit to look like ICS but have AudioBeats ?? ) or Custom Update that will delete the music player that you have in ICS and will install stock Senses Player with Beats from Sensation XE .. Just a thought as after leaving some other roms that had beats . the music doesn't sound the same :(

Edited by SokNok

Guest illuminarias

To TripNraveR : 1 question . if its possible maybe some people interested as well as me . to have Audio Beats integrated into music player . I know the ICS ASOP have problem with it , , but is it possible to install sock Senses Music Player ( themes a bit to look like ICS but have AudioBeats ?? ) or Custom Update that will delete the music player that you have in ICS and will install stock Senses Player with Beats from Sensation XE .. Just a thought as after leaving some other roms that had beats . the music doesn't sound the same :(

Naw, i don't think it is. It requires some framework from sense itself. Why Beats anyways? Easily done with DSP Manager