[ROM] [07-02] TripNiCE "The next level" 004B | ICS 4.0.3 | PURE AOSP

Guest TripNRaVeR

Naw, i don't think it is. It requires some framework from sense itself. Why Beats anyways? Easily done with DSP Manager

i just got used to it , music sounds so much better .. and im a noob in the EQ .... :( never been great with enchaching EQ .. DSP crashing on me the od times. when using Task killer to free up some space . ive added to ignore list , but sometimes it randomly crashes..

Naw, i don't think it is. It requires some framework from sense itself. Why Beats anyways? Easily done with DSP Manager

Yep dsp is better, but now its not working properly. And we have TAPS too. (Didnt noticed any benefit from taps)

Küldve az én TripNiCE Pyramid-emről Tapatalk használatával.

Guest Arz Bhatia

God dammit! I got fever! Downloading the ROM now :) Oh and guys follow SokNok's tutorial on the 5th page for smooth installation :)

Nice to see every one on topic ;)

Not sure if this will help or not but i was getting ticked off that i couldnt get a few apps installed for permission reasons so i took one of my other ROMs backed up permission folders and replaced this one...still no hope for my apps but now camera takes a picture, then fc's. Might be something in permissions blocking it.

App I was trying to install was apn backup and restore, installs fine but when you try to restore APN's it doest get proper permissions and fails.

Guest ronaldramsayii

MMS works fine for me. Sounds like an incorrect APN or carrier issue

What are your APN settings? I'm thinking what's more so required is "MMS" added to APN.....I may be wrong, I'll try it out though.

Guest Michal Janda

Bugs:

• When I run Maps for first time, my phone reboots
  • Mails in a Gmail still doesn't showed correctly

Everything other seems to be ok. :) (except camera & bt of course)

Edited by Michal Janda

Guest schwederino

I did everything as suggested by soknok on page 5....but still the camera force closes and the gmail app wont work!

I dont see any advantage after following his procedure?!

The only thing that stops me from using this as a daily driver is the gmail problem....is there any fix?

edit: facebook also doesnt work. Had to change fonts via "font changer" in order to get it working!

Edited by schwederino

Guest MartijnGP

Is the Facebook app also working for you guys after installing Roboto? The mobile web version is working as it should with the font and the OpenGL rendering. However, the app is still having the blocks issue. I haven't found a way to fix it. If I still have some time left when I get home I'll cook up a quick app that wraps the mobile website in an app without all the browser fancy stuff. No promises though.

Guest Joel lock

ok I see a lot of people are having problems with facebook, gmail, mms and so on..well let me help you getting all your stress out

• for mms click here make sure everything looks the same as the screenshots
  • for gmail, just install an old version..don't install the ICS version
  • for facebook, you gotta install a font changer, apply any font and reboot

Guest llKNOTTYll

Bug #1:

a glitch i quickly saw after first boot.

Phone boots, The set-up screen appears "This phone belongs too" etc.

Once you get to the "accept updates from google" screen and press next/ok the screen split veritcally into 4 slices for a half a second, nothing wrong after that.

Bug #2:

Music player was playing an mp3. opened gallery and music stopped playing. i dragged down the notification bar and then pressed play as music player was still running. the song played again but with a DSPmanager force close.

Just an update:

This bug is caused by opening gallery while playing music, wait around 5 seconds and it should happen or is this just me?

FYI: DSPmanager is not even enabled.

Bug #3

First time i tried accessing settings inside the gallery it FC'd, now i can get inside it but there are no options.

Bug #4:

Getting a soft reboot if playing music while trying to read an email inside gmail.

Bug #5:

Starting to see the screen splitting vertically into 4 peices more often, seems to be when the screen transitions between programs.

Edited by llKNOTTYll

Guest deathbreath

Any plans on some update for the X10?=] TripNiCE, TripNdROID, TripNmiUi? i miss your work and would really appreciate to see some of your magic again;)

Cheers

Does anyone know how to make the Automatic Brightness level just a little bit higher? It manages to keep up with varying conditions very well, but the phone looks downright dull in any low light scenario. It's as if the 'pitch-dark' setting and 'low-light' setting are the same level...

Also, the LED indicator is acting weird. Instead of flashing green like it normally does, it glows green while simultaneously flashing red. Anyone else experiencing the same? And does anyone have a clue how to fix it?

Guest llKNOTTYll
  • for facebook, you gotta install a font changer, apply any font and reboot

Just to let everyone know, re-installing roboto does not help.

I can confirm that others fonts do fix facebook.

I've attached a font i quite like :)

Guest llKNOTTYll

Also, the LED indicator is acting weird. Instead of flashing green like it normally does, it glows green while simultaneously flashing red. Anyone else experiencing the same? And does anyone have a clue how to fix it?

I thought this was just a new feature in ics, i actually prefer it tbh :)

-Could possibly waste your LED indicators life time though :P

Guest BummAround

I thought this was just a new feature in ics, i actually prefer it tbh :)

-Could possibly waste your LED indicators life time though :P

Nope, LED flash green-orange alternately has been around since TripNMIUI days with endtime preview 02 kernel.

Guest BummAround

I did everything as suggested by soknok on page 5....but still the camera force closes and the gmail app wont work!

I dont see any advantage after following his procedure?!

Neither do I, the procedure doesn't work somehow.

The video playback with stock app also produce the infamous tiles "bug".

Well, will have to wait for Trip's next update, then. :)

Edited by BummAround