• Please log in to reply
1543 replies to this topic

Reider59

Reider59

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
I had this phone 7 months and then started losing power, reinstalled FnC 6 (my fave) and ran loads of tests. Got a replacement battery for £10 and was happy again a few months. I always always got good power retension up until changing the battery and then after fitting the new one, up until it started again. I put the Micro SD and the 02 card in another non Android phone and decided to use that until I had enough for a new phone. I decided against another new battery, but really hated the fact that I could no longer use this phone, I love it to bits.

The non Android phone went flat overnight and was turned off when I awoke, yet it started with 100% power and I knew this phone normally lasted 5 days+. Straight away I suspected one of the cards, 02 or Micro SD. It turned out it was the Micro SD Card, so I copied the contents, formatted the card in the phone, replaced the contents, started the phone and ran Titanium Backup. Overnight the phone only lost 1% where normally even when I was happy with the power usage it lost 8% overnight. Two days in with slight use I still have 80% power left and I am well happy at this and the prospect of continuing to use the phone I love to bits. The Micro SD Card is a cheap 16gig Adata one and though a more expensive one may have helped people will fit their purchases to their budget. So this is a post to inform others that it's not always the end of the world with power issues and it's not always the most obvious of causes and/or replacements.

Just a FYI and hope it helps someone......

Steve

*** Just remember, any ROM change, Kernel change or any other type of change you do is at your own risk. Someone helping you is not responsible for any risks you decide to take. It works for many but their are situations, events and errors outside of the control of a third party that may cause a bricked phone. Think before you start. I took the chance and thankfully it worked for me. Had it not then only I would have been to blame. ***

lohtse

lohtse

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Devices:Too Many.HTC/Samsung/XDA/ZTE
Hmmm that's useful too know as having battery issues! So will swap sdcard to see results

.anyone know why sd can drain battery?

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
  • Twitter:@omegavesko

Hmmm that's useful too know as having battery issues! So will swap sdcard to see results

.anyone know why sd can drain battery?

It's certainly interesting, but I have no idea. It could be some error that causes continuous I/O operations to occur (resulting in wakelocks and bad battery life), but I've never seen this happen before.

Posted Image
ZTE Skate // CM7.2 // 2.3.7
ZTE Crescent (P736E) // CM9 // 4.0.4
Alcatel OT-990 // MIUI // 2.3.7 Sold!

snowbord

snowbord

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Hey. I've been out of the loop for a bit and have been given a TMV to reinstall.

What is the best / most stable ROM? RLS 6? Any hacks needed to reinstall the original Music app / flash the kernel / fix front facing camera etc? Also fixing the gray checkboxes with the original ones?

I need to have a solid release with no battery drain or not working bits. Thanks!

dodgetimmy

dodgetimmy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Crescent, HTC Desire
The only reason to install stock music app is for Bluetooth to work, otherwise release 7 is great.

http://www.modaco.co...NC-RLS8-[2.3.5]Release 8 is also good (it comes with original music app so Bluetooth works out of the box).

My camera isn't upside down and there and there are kernels built into different roms already, even if you need to flash it's easy, just done the same as the rom.

Edited by dodgetimmy, 31 March 2013 - 11:44 AM.

momist

momist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Vivacity ICS

http://www.modaco.co...NC-RLS8-[2.3.5]Release 8 is also good (it comes with original music app so Bluetooth works out of the box).

Hi, I just looked at that link, and it says RLS8 is for SF2 only. Is that right? Thanks.

gbosh

gbosh

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Atlas W (Vivacity)
You could always flash the TMV OC kernel on stock based roms. that should make it work on the TMV

dodgetimmy

dodgetimmy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
Yup don't be scared about flashing a kernel, it really is as easy as flashing the Rom itself:)

snowbord

snowbord

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Ok - installed RLS7, changed the camera app to stock from stock ROM - front camera working normally. Changed Music2 to Music. Installed the tick patch and the Nemus launcher patch.

All seems to be good. I am unable to find the ROM menu however to tweak the notification power widget and do a proximity reset. Am I missing something? Also, is it normal for the CRT off and landscape <=> portrait animations to be disabled?

Edited by snowbord, 31 March 2013 - 11:11 PM.

dodgetimmy

dodgetimmy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
There's no menu to configure as far as I am aware.

Everything else sounds good. I have never seen the crt animation when turning off unless I have the inspirate visual mod installed.

Never seen landscape portrait animations at all.

jones1901

jones1901

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco
Hi all. I've had a San Francisco II with Fish&Chips for a good few months now. Last week I switched it off, but when I switched it on again it goes as far as the FnC logo with the ball going around the fish's outline, and stays that way, apart from occasionally going blank for half a second.

Is there anything I can do? I don't know a great deal about this stuff. I got an electronics degree 20 years ago so I know just enough to be dangerous.

Thanks, raverr and n4y4nrules and the rest of you.

VJ.

dodgetimmy

dodgetimmy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Hi all. I've had a San Francisco II with Fish&Chips for a good few months now. Last week I switched it off, but when I switched it on again it goes as far as the FnC logo with the ball going around the fish's outline, and stays that way, apart from occasionally going blank for half a second.

Is there anything I can do? I don't know a great deal about this stuff. I got an electronics degree 20 years ago so I know just enough to be dangerous.

Thanks, raverr and n4y4nrules and the rest of you.

VJ.

Take the battery out to turn it off, then while turning back on hold the down side button.

You should enter cwm recovery where you can first try wiping "dalvik cache"in advance, or if that doesn't work, try a factory reset. If they fail it's a matter of installing a Rom again. Just the same as you did before.

Prince iqbal

Prince iqbal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
love this Rom using since last year without any problem

Edited by Prince iqbal, 01 May 2013 - 12:24 AM.

momist

momist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Move the mp3 to the 'Ringtone' folder on your SD card then change your ringtone and your song should be in the options, alternatively download something like ES File Manager and when you try to change the ringtone it will give you an option- Android System or ES File Manager, click ES, locate your file and select it.

Thanks for sharing that - it worked for me too! So glad to have my own tones back.

momist

momist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Hi, I'm using this ROM with music2 removed and music put back in, and everything works brilliantly (except front camera upside down). However, I'm now running out of space again. I do so wish ZTE had put a bit more room in there.

I'm thinking that I could try INT2EXT+ which worked so very well for me in CM9. However, I'd have to remove the embedded A2SD in FnC7. Can anyone tell me if and how this can be done?

Thanks.

dwl99

dwl99

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Tab2 P5100, Galaxy S3
What are the best apps to use for over/underclocking with this ROM?

EDIT - looks like Antutu CPU master works well

Edited by dwl99, 19 September 2013 - 07:05 PM.

dodgetimmy

dodgetimmy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Hi, I'm using this ROM with music2 removed and music put back in, and everything works brilliantly (except front camera upside down). However, I'm now running out of space again. I do so wish ZTE had put a bit more room in there.

I'm thinking that I could try INT2EXT+ which worked so very well for me in CM9. However, I'd have to remove the embedded A2SD in FnC7. Can anyone tell me if and how this can be done?

Thanks.

What size ext partition did you give your sd card when you formatted it?

I think a2sd is just a few lines added to the init.d script so you can probably search and remove them from there using a text editor.

momist

momist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

What size ext partition did you give your sd card when you formatted it?

I think a2sd is just a few lines added to the init.d script so you can probably search and remove them from there using a text editor.

Hi, I've got a 16GB SD card, and I gave the EXT partition 2GB of that. Currently "Storage" shows I have 13.54GB total space, 12.32GB Available space on the card. Internal storage shows only 23.39MB Available space, after I have deleted some apps that prevented updates. :-)

From what I've read, A2SD only puts a small part of each app onto the EXT partition, and I always check in Settings, Apps, Storage Use, that everything that can be is moved onto SD card. That menu shows Internal, 134MB used, 29MB free. SD Card 1.2GB used, 12GB free.

TBH, I wonder if A2SD is actually doing anything at all? INT2EXT+ worked very well for me under CM9. I'll have a look with a text editor like you suggest, thanks for the pointer.

dodgetimmy

dodgetimmy

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
Unless you have a LOT of apps that doesn't sound right.

Two things I would try:

Download diskinfo and check to see if you can see the ext partition being used.

2. Download the darktremor a2sd script to also rebuild and move dalvik too sd.

By all means try to get in2 ext+ working because it is a better and more up to date solution, but those are a couple of things to check.

Welder73

Welder73

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Razr XT910

Hi to all,

I´m new to this forum but I´m in the XDA for a while,so I know something about flashing roms etc... (on my Razr XT910)

My daughter have this phone (in my country is called Telenor Touch Plus) and I want to flash this rom but I´m not sure what version,RLS7 SF2 version or RLS7 TMV version?

Here is some information about the phone:

Model number: Telenor Touch Plus

Android version: 2.3.5

Baseband version: P736EB01

Kernel version: 2.6.35.7-perf+zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT

Build number: GB_TELENOR_P736EV1.0.0B03

Thank you in advance :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users