Have you picked up an Android post-Christmas bargain?

Guest PaulOBrien

It's that time of year again... Christmas has been and gone and the frenzy of the post Christmas sales is well under way! This year, there seems to be rather a lot of Android related bargains out there, which is always nice!

Have you picked up an Android bargain? If so, let us know what you've bought and keep us posted with how you find your new purchase!

A few discounts around the web i've spotted (let me know what else you've seen and i'll update the list)...

• Samsung Galaxy Europe only £19.90 + £10 topup at mobiles.co.uk - NO LONGER AVAILABLE

• We say: Weak spec, rock bottom price, crazy (and hence sold out quickly!)

• Samsung Galaxy Y only £69.90 + £10 topup at mobiles.co.uk - link - £3 quidco cashback

• We say: Very much bargain basement with it's 320x240 display, but a competitive price for this handset.

• Orange Monte Carlo only £89 + £10 topup at Argos - link - 1.5% quidco cashback

• We say: OK so the processor is a little lethargic, but a 4.3" screen for under a ton is a good deal.

• Motorola Defy only £99.99 at Orange - NO LONGER AVAILABLE

• We say: Tough, well designed handset that I like a lot, great price.

• Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman only £99 + £15 topup at Three - link - £12.50 quidco cashback

• We say: Nice little phone for the price with the added bonus of a forthcoming ICS update.

• HTC Flyer 16GB WiFi only £179.10 at Dixons - link - 1.5% quidco cashback

• We say: Most reviewers said the Flyer is a wonderful little tablet but way too expensive. Problem solved.

• HTC Flyer 32GB 3G only £224.90 at Dixons - NO LONGER AVAILABLE

• We say: See above! Probably my pick of the sales, a great tablet to chuck in your bag, especially with 3G onboard, 32GB storage and more via microSD! Funky pen included.

• LG Optimus Black only £190 at eBuyer - link - 2% quidco cashback

• We say: The Optimus Black set new standards for thinness and remains a nice handset. Software support shaky tho...

• Sony Ericsson Arc S only £199 for PAYG upgrades at Phones4U instore - £25 Sony Ericsson cashback

• We say: The Arc and Arc S are massively underrated phones, I love them! The Arc S is not dual core but has a fabulous camera and great battery life. Bargain.

• Samsung Nexus S only £199 at Carphone Warehouse - link - £5 quidco cashback

• We say: The second device to officially get Ice Cream Sandwich and still a lovely phone. 4" is the screen size sweet spot for many, and you get a clean Google experience, NFC, OLED and a minimalist design. A snip at the price.

• Blackberry Playbook only £169 at Dixons - link - 1.5% quidco cashback

• We say: OK, so it's not technically Android but it CAN run Android apps (supposedly, right?) I've not used one in anger personally...

This item was promoted to the News page - click here to view.

Haven't picked up any bargains yet (though I did order a 32GB Class10 MicroSD from Play for £24.99 last week). Probably heading into town this afternoon though, and I'm not sure I'll be able to resist a Nexus S. Seriously tempted, only issue is that it doesn't have an SD slot so I won't be able to use my new card. If I ever get around to uploading all my music to Google Music then I guess that problem would be solved though...

Ainol Novo 7 Basic XBurst 7-inch Capacitive Android Tablet 8GB

http://bestmid.com/ainol-novo7-basic-xburst-7-inch-capacitive-android-tablet-1080p-8gb.html

7 inch Capacitive screen1ghz cpu and 512mb of ram

It has HDMI USB, vibrate, and It comes with a remote !

bought it for 115.00$

Review is coming up on the Basic/advanced ver on Modaco. stay tuned :)

Guest Neil294

My 32GB 3G white flyer arrived this morning from Dixons with a white carry case and the pen. Very happy, especially as I'd forgotten I could expand the memory with it and can now use the 16Gb card I got free with a recent phone purchase. Might make my Galaxy Tab 10.1 a house-tablet and the Flyer my out and about tablet

Guest Simon O

I would have to say honestly that Ainol Novo 7 Basic is not a good deal. The fact that they are using a MIPS CPU rather than the usual ARM means that application compatibility is extremely low. Sadly.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.