• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Chung83

Chung83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi all,

I have recently asked a friend of mine to get me the SGS2 from Hong Kong since it is a lot cheaper. However, I just found out that she got me the AT&T version from the US instead of the UK/International version.

Now obviously, the button layout on the bottom of the screen is different (no hard home button).
When loading a custom rom of the international version on it, will that be causing problems then? Will all buttons still be functioning the same? Can I load any custom SGS2 roms onto it or will there be specific AT&T versions?

is there anything else I should be aware of? when rooting, radio version, etc....

Your help is much appreciated since I am not an expert in terms of rooting!

Chung

Androidlover287

Androidlover287

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@andrewfishy1
i would of thought it would not work loading another rom onto the device as the device may have a faster processor (Qualcom 1.4ghz dual core on T-Mobile version instead of 1.2ghz Exinos processor.) I hope i am wrong, other people will be able to provide more detailed infomation than me.

Posted Image

popsi

popsi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy SII
  • Twitter:@ramleth
There is a own forum over at XDA for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-I777. You should find what you're looking for there...

Chung83

Chung83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thx for the tip, will check out the link!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users